Official 1/6 Rambo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Rambo Line Thread

My bust arrived on Tuesday, paint apps look far better than the first 'in hand ' pics I saw, nice piece!-

bust4.jpg

bust1.jpg

bust2.jpg

bust3.jpg

Wow that looks actually real nice far better then expected from the early pics. I have seen. :cool:

Thanks for amazing pictures wookster. :google

Now I’m really excited to get this in hand.:joy

Received my bust today, I'll have pictures later. Very cool for what it costs, I've spent the same on GG mini busts that don't look as nice. Nice that they gave the neck some articulation, but it seems a bit wasted in the end, his neck muscles are sculpted to have the face looking towards his right, it would have made the articulation more useful if the neck were sculpted straight on; if you turn his head to his left, it looks awkward. The portrait is just stunning, the texture is nicely pronounced and Yulli's got Stallone's face nailed, she could probably do it in her sleep. Mouth could have been a bit more stern-faced like the Rambo 3 figure, that's my only sculpt wise. It's perfect anatomically, just choice of expression could have been a little different. I've removed the necklace on mine though, it adds a little something to the overall look, but I prefer it gone because Rambo gave it away before tearing his shirt off to heal his wounds. The skin on the shoulders and chest is great, even the veins have a coloration to them, really top notch. The only reason anyone would ever think the bust was cheap is if they picked it up and felt how light it was because it's plastic or if they saw the seam from the head, otherwise, this thing will look high end on your shelves. I still think the stand is too basic for how high it is, but the height is nice, I'm glad they did that, just wish there was a bit more to it, but I am ok with it now that I have it in hand and see it used to display the piece. I'll have pictures later, love shooting Yulli Stallone portraits.

You know, I'm curious about how true 1/4 scale this is. I put it up to my Darth Maul PF, which is theoretically 1/4 scale, and it's smaller. The head with a full head of hair is just about the same size as Maul's bald head. Seems like either Rambo is more like 1/5 scale, or Maul is more like 1/3.5 scale. Anyway, onto pictures, Yulli rocks at Rambo. I'd love to see a RAMBO bust given how nice this is, like he is at the end of RAMBO looking out over the battlefield. Figure is my primary goal, but I'd be happy to get a bust too, anything from the last movie like this would be nice to have.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

AMAZING pics MF!!!! Really captures all the detail in the bust!

I love this Bust,its so damn nice,imagine a 1/4 figure:monkey5

By the end of the week ill have 11 HT Rambos,have 3 more coming,never get enough of customs,i admit it,im a Rambo Geek.

great looking pics.......

Great pics there MF, I'm just reviewing him, if it's OK with you I'll link to this in it.

Great pics there MF, I'm just reviewing him, if it's OK with you I'll link to this in it.

Any time you want to dude, it's fine with me, you don't even have to ask anymore, I trust you and Michael totally.

Cheers, I'm still writing it, but as soon as it's up I'll let you know.

Cheers, I'm still writing it, but as soon as it's up I'll let you know.

Look forward to reading it. As much as I like this one, I will say I'm still fine with passing on the TDK ones, the figures will be so much better, plus now I know the limitation of the neck articulation so looking at future busts, I'll better be able to judge if I like how it is in the pictures. The Batman one, for instance, I though if it was a full ball joint neck I could pose it in a somber looking down pose but based on Rambo, that's not likely. I hope this bust is successful enough, I like it so much I'd like one from each film much like the figures (hint hint Hot Toys, 1/6 RAMBO!!!).

Look forward to reading it. As much as I like this one, I will say I'm still fine with passing on the TDK ones, the figures will be so much better, plus now I know the limitation of the neck articulation so looking at future busts, I'll better be able to judge if I like how it is in the pictures. The Batman one, for instance, I though if it was a full ball joint neck I could pose it in a somber looking down pose but based on Rambo, that's not likely. I hope this bust is successful enough, I like it so much I'd like one from each film much like the figures (hint hint Hot Toys, 1/6 RAMBO!!!).

Have to say I am very impressed, skin texturing, paint all very well done. as you said before Yulli has got Stallone in the bag now.
And like you I thought it looked a little small for 1/4 scale. But I measured it and the heads 63mm high which = 25.2cm full size and my head is 25.5 so it's actually pretty spot on.

Have to say I am very impressed, skin texturing, paint all very well done. as you said before Yulli has got Stallone in the bag now.
And like you I thought it looked a little small for 1/4 scale. But I measured it and the heads 63mm high which = 25.2cm full size and my head is 25.5 so it's actually pretty spot on.

Well, my comparison was to a Sideshow PF, which I've never measured and such, but sounds like the Maul PF is greater than 1/4 scale if Rambo's on.

I think Yulli is still refining with Jack Sparrow, she got him perfect with the Cannibal face but the other 2 still aren't as dead on, but every single Stallone she's done (Rambo 3, FB M65, Rambo Bust, Rocky 3) has been perfectly him, it's eerie, and like Trev at Sideshow, she brings emotion into them too, not just human replication, the FB M65 portrait totally captures that frozen, internal conflict of the character in the movie.

Very nice bust. I agree that a 1/4 PF format would have been great, but maybe there's some sort of business rule at SS that they have to do the complete deal that includes a SS produced 12" line before they even think of a PF figure. Then again, there's Elvis and Napoleon, huh?

Anyway, looking at the bust, I can't help thinking it being a form of Stallone's wish fulfillment for being at the wrong side of the camera for "Staying Alive." :lol

Last edited:

Hey guys with HT First Blood part II Rambo (Red scarf version) and RAMBO III figures. Where are you suppose to put the little DAGGER that each figure comes with? Is there some hidden sheath I am missing? I looked along their belt line and don't see a place for these daggers. Thanks, Mike

Hey guys with HT First Blood part II Rambo (Red scarf version) and RAMBO III figures. Where are you suppose to put the little DAGGER that each figure comes with? Is there some hidden sheath I am missing? I looked along their belt line and don't see a place for these daggers. Thanks, Mike

Yeah they go in the back of the belt, at the centre of the back. Each side has an opening, one for each dagger.

Check it out, you'll see it.

Back