Facebook: Why So Evil?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What crows says is true. I deleted my Facebook account last year, because my friends were too annoying. There was this one Korean kid in his mid 20s who was always whiny, and one day he complained about something along the lines of "my mom beat me again, fml". A guy in his 20s getting beat by his mom? :slap :rotfl I decided that was it, and just deleted the thing.

I do have Sideshow, Midtown Comics, Hot Toys, and a few other pages that I have bookmarked on my browser, though.

Facebook is awesome, but your friends can really make it suck lol. I also don't understand the people who are vehemently against it. I mean, this is the 21st century, and social networking has become the norm of our everyday lives. People need to get with the times.

Sure,while at the same time almost everyone PROFILES themselves,gives out their personal information(their location,work,likes,dislikes,who their friends are) then they post pictures of themselves that Facebook OWNS according to their agreement.Everything you say can be used against you....it's perfect for BIG BROTHER for databasing information while the user freely gives away all their personal information ;)

Sure,while at the same time almost everyone PROFILES themselves,gives out their personal information(their location,work,likes,dislikes,who their friends are) then they post pictures of themselves that Facebook OWNS according to their agreement.Everything you say can be used against you....it's perfect for BIG BROTHER for databasing information while the user freely gives away all their personal information ;)

it depends on how you use it.

I would be much more worried about my phone giving out my location 24/7
if you have a smart phone they can know where you are at all times. Your phone can track you down, a phone has all your information, phones are really easy to hack, If you are afraid of anyone tracking you, facebook is nothing compared to your phone.

As for the information they can take from you in facebook, again, they can only take as much as you give. If you don't share anything personal then there is nothing for anyone to take. If you don't post any pics, then there is nothing for them to take. It depends on how smart you are when using Facebook.

I have 3 accounts. One basically for gaming, since a lot of the games you have to have friends to get anywhere, one for mostly freaks, which I rarely go to, and one for my friends at work, etc. I rarely go on that one either.

If you scroll over anyone's name on your facebook newsfeed, you can hide that person's postings so you don't have to read them nor unfriend them. Just click where it says Show in Newsfeed and they're gone.

it depends on how you use it.

I would be much more worried about my phone giving out my location 24/7
if you have a smart phone they can know where you are at all times. Your phone can track you down, a phone has all your information, phones are really easy to hack, If you are afraid of anyone tracking you, facebook is nothing compared to your phone.

As for the information they can take from you in facebook, again, they can only take as much as you give. If you don't share anything personal then there is nothing for anyone to take. If you don't post any pics, then there is nothing for them to take. It depends on how smart you are when using Facebook.

believe me,I know (and it only touches the surface)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vARzvWxwY&[/ame]

I have NO info or pictures on any of my accounts. My one with work friends just gives my hometown and work, but that's easily found anyway. Other than that, there's nothing there. I put nothing on that account that would embarrass me in anyway shape or form, not do I tell everyone what I'm doing all the time. I have the privacy set to friends only and no one can tag me.

You can lie through your teeth setting up an account as well.

The thing is, all of my friends know each other. So, if I were to selectively delete the most "annoying ones", that would have raised some kind of hell :rotfl. The easiest recourse was to just deactivate my account.

Then don't delete them; mark them as acquaintances and edit your settings so you don't see their stuff and they can't contact you via Chat unless you seek them out.

I have NO info or pictures on any of my accounts. My one with work friends just gives my hometown and work, but that's easily found anyway. Other than that, there's nothing there. I put nothing on that account that would embarrass me in anyway shape or form, not do I tell everyone what I'm doing all the time. I have the privacy set to friends only and no one can tag me.

You can lie through your teeth setting up an account as well.

your playing it safer then and is the smarter way to play Facebook's game if you must use it

Come on, get with the times. Don't make them work to spy on you and gather your info. Serve it up for them on a silver platter. Tell them everything about you from your political, social and religious views right down to what was for dinner every night of the week. Post pics of your kids and turn on locator so people know where they and you are.

There is no privacy on FB. They own everything you have ever posted and the data is saved. I don't buy the "nothing to hide, nothing to lose" crap either. Look at the kid who posted a pic of himself holding the gun he got for his birthday. Cops showed up at his house telling his dad they were there search to see how many guns they had and how they were kept. Yeah, FB rules.

I have REAL friends that I have to make the effort to stay in touch with. Facebook is a tool to do that. So is a telephone. I avoid facebook-no profile, not interested in the least; my wife is constantly on it. Everyone seems to know my family's business. Pisses me off. Funny thing...she has a LOT of facebook friends, never see any at my door, but my friends come around often, funny that....:wave

I have REAL friends that I have to make the effort to stay in touch with. Facebook is a tool to do that. So is a telephone. I avoid facebook-no profile, not interested in the least; my wife is constantly on it. Everyone seems to know my family's business. Pisses me off. Funny thing...she has a LOT of facebook friends, never see any at my door, but my friends come around often, funny that....:wave

Yep, it's a tool. Like any other tool it can be really useful, or not, depending on the tool using it :)

Come on, get with the times. Don't make them work to spy on you and gather your info. Serve it up for them on a silver platter. Tell them everything about you from your political, social and religious views right down to what was for dinner every night of the week. Post pics of your kids and turn on locator so people know where they and you are.

There is no privacy on FB. They own everything you have ever posted and the data is saved. I don't buy the "nothing to hide, nothing to lose" crap either. Look at the kid who posted a pic of himself holding the gun he got for his birthday. Cops showed up at his house telling his dad they were there search to see how many guns they had and how they were kept. Yeah, FB rules.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture Yup every word of this

:lol

yes my wife can be a bit of a 'tool' at times, whoops she saw me post this:thwak:thwak:thwak

:lol

...worst breach of trust and privacy I ever had at the hands of family was when my mother announced in her Christmas newsletter that my wife and I were expecting a baby, before we had told anyone outside of immediate family. This is a newsletter she insists on sending to everybody she has ever met in her life, including trades people she's become friendly with.

I had to turn up to one of her bbq's a week after my wife miscarried, and have every goddam person come up and say how sorry they were. Zuckerberg ain't got nuthin' on my mom.

1002600_551451691569158_1718294412_n.jpg

This is the majority of Facebook user's :lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFp0llZ_0kc[/ame]

yeah? really?

How about, there is not privacy, PERIOD!

The fact that you are using a computer connected to the internet means your privacy can be invaded.
If you use an Iphone, Ipad, Xbox, Playstation 3, a laptop,
Anything connected to the internet, at any time.

And to be fair, I would be WAY more afraid of Google search than Facebook.
At least Facebook doesn't know what you are searching every day.
Google would the the real thing to be afraid of, if you wanted to be afraid of something.

Google makes Facebook look like a child's toy. Google collects every single search you have made, and they can share that info with anyone that wants it.
Like I said, if you are connected to the internet, you are screwed.

Check this out bud,

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-household-items-could-spying-100006425.html

Or check these out. Google is really the scary one....

https://www.cracked.com/article_18540_5-reasons-you-should-be-scared-google.html

https://www.cracked.com/article_18532_5-terrifying-ways-your-own-gadgets-can-be-used-to-spy-you.html

Back