1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't look like her to me but it gets the job done

I think here is what the challenge is. The sculpt was made to have non removable mask. To ensure a tight fit they made the nose bridge a bit narrow than what it should be. While they made the mask removable lateron and she looks or rather has resemblance to AH with mask on, the problem exemplifies when without the mask. The nose bridge is narrow and from some angles it looks right but from dead on front it looks narrow and makes the sculp look inaccurate. Just my views.

So I too finally got Selina Kyle today after the long wait like the rest of you guys. I'm not so sure whether or not it resembles Anne Hathaway or not but I must say it is a very nice "Catwoman" figure. This is my first Hot Toys figure and I'm very impressed. I also bought the Batpod last year in anticipation of this and the two go well together.

fvlg6s.jpg

I had a hard time getting that mask/visor/cat-ear goggles on her - not sure how all of you manage to get it on. The instructions said to just snap it together from the back but it's damn difficult to get that flexible peg into that hole. Ended up just snapping the strap together prior to putting it on her head, pulled her hair taunt and then slid it carefully over her head and adjusted her mask to her face/eyes. It kinda does make a difference how her hair is set against the mask. Just my opinion but I've noticed if you let her ears stick out without any hair covering it, she looks a little bit more like Anne Hathaway. Just make sure pull her hair taunt otherwise you end up with a "cap-head" with her hair flairing out on the sides.

ru08ki.jpg

Man... talk about a bad hair day. I guess the closest I'll ever get to owning a "barbie doll" with "real" hair as opposed to fixed sculpt - pvc/resin figures. Felt kind strange being a grown man and having to "brush" her hair back. Definitely not use to all these strands flying loose all over the place (infact she's losing some hair already). The final result however is very nice.

js23qo.jpg

All I can say is when you're handling her be gentle with this lady. ~

xaw31s.jpg

Now I'm looking forward to hopefully a Julie Newmar catwoman and maybe Batgirl too.

I still think her profile is the best at capturing AH's likeness. Also trying to expose the neck as much as you can helps.

Having fun with the box and whip

Last edited:
So I woke up this morning and I didn't like how the hair was still too poofy on the sides so I slicked it on the sides some more.

I still think her profile is the best at capturing AH's likeness. Also trying to expose the neck as much as you can helps.

Likeness here looks great! :clap

Got charged for the EX. Shipping soon! :yess:

Last edited:
Mine came a week ago (Japan) and I happen to really like it. Mine has a V-neck collar, though, instead of a round neck. I don't feel like pulling it around so I'll just leave it...

9425353269_8799655cdd_b.jpg

Gaaah! :horror You seem to have futzed her perfectly! Suit and hair and all! Want to give us a lowdown on how you managed to slick the hair that well and deal with the excess cloth on the crotch area (though this isn't an issue for me since she'll be on the batpod)? :panic:

a lot of patience with the hair lol. i just used Rory's tips, i got a comb and some water, dipped my finger in the water and ran it along the comb to wet it and just combed her hair lol. Masculinity took a hit but she looks fine on the shelf now :rotfl:rotfl. As for her suit,i removed her boots and messed with the thigh area of the suit by twisting it round and pulling it down slightly, doesn't damage the suit it just makes the crotch area a little less saggy.

heres an example of how much the crotch area sags for me now, this is with her leg twisted.
DSCN0121.JPG

Thanks for the tip on the hair - I'll have to try that. It's really frizzy and moves all over the place.

16j3t38.jpg

I find it surprising that these HT figures are a lot more flexible than I original anticipated. At first I didn't know if it was possible to have her sit on the batpod fully extended.

2m364vq.jpg

I was afraid I was going to rip her clothes from all the bending, pulling and stretching but it turns out it's okay. Just be careful and gentle going about it.

2645c3t.jpg

Those curves accentuates her nicely on that bike...

2i8ejcj.jpg

20zr900.jpg

Which reminds me of that scene in TDKR where she's riding on the batpod and fires off some missiles at some barricade and all the while the camera slowly zooms out behind her..

which you can totally recreate here... hehehe

1z58d3q.jpg

Those curves accentuates her nicely on that bike...

2i8ejcj.jpg

Oh wow, great articulation on the neck area! All these great photos make me soooo anxious! *contacts middle man for follow up* :impatient:

Thanks for the tips Stealth V3teran, definitely taking note. A little iffy about the damp-combing thing... bacteria might breed on her hair and her suit if ever. I might just have to find another way to let her hair stay still.

Oh wow, great articulation on the neck area! All these great photos make me soooo anxious! *contacts middle man for follow up* :impatient:

Thanks for the tips Stealth V3teran, definitely taking note. A little iffy about the damp-combing thing... bacteria might breed on her hair and her suit if ever. I might just have to find another way to let her hair stay still.

i really wouldn't worry too much, besides it wasn't damp, when i say i ran it across the comb i mean it was literally fingertip. Also water has been used for a LONG time when it comes to hair on figures/dolls

Enjoying everyones pics and displays! :hi5:

I'll certainly run a brush through her hair first.

Don't think it's anything to do with masculinity, it's just futzing, as you would with an outfit. Got to get her looking her best!

I've got DX12 Bats, Bane, and DX11 Joker 2.0 so far. After I get my Selina to bookend things, I really only want a Batman Begins suit version of Bats. Possibly the Scarecrow.

Although I'm very much contemplating a simple Wayne custom using the head from the DX12 as others here have done.

I don't know, I'm a big Nolan Bat- fan.:dunno:lol

only a bit of a nolan bat fan? get yourself a couple more joker variants, kitbash your wayne, maybe add a ra's and a crane ~ and for heaven's sake get yourself a gordon!

then you have my permission to be a real fan.

: D

Anyone try removing the white undersuit yet?

i probably will. have to see her in hand, decide whether to keep my no. 2, and then i will go to work on her. although my wallet just took a massive hit on an auto job and a vet bill, so maybe i should s....

oh heck, i doubt i could part with her once i have her.

Anyone know where I can get a good whip? ..(Privyet )

this made me laugh. and yes, Privyet we want to see your video!!!

Apparently making the mask removeable for the people who whined about it.. :dunno

I think this particular sculpt is closer to 95% personally, I was just saying I usually settle for 85% or higher on the pieces I buy

removable mask: yay!

i don't get the percentage thing, but it's close enough to hathaway for me (as others have said, i care less about the actor and more about the character), and i don't mind some concession for the removable mask ~ if there really is any concession here. she looks great to me!

very awesome!

: D

Back