MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh due to the blizzard here in NY I still haven't gotten my Monger.

I'm just glad I found it for $350. Can't be too picky with everything.

All these pictures are killing me though.

Exactly where I was at. I guess once I had convinced myself that $380 shipped was ok, another $80 bucks was chump change. I'm glad I pulled the trigger when it was still $445 at bbts. I don't think I'd go for it now that they raised the price. Then again this and the Mark I 2.0 are my first HT figures and I'm not used to spending this kind of money on toys.

Really impressed with the figure though. Has an awesome presence in the room.

I used to be the same way man when it came to what was a lot to pay. I started with $100 was a lot, and then $200, and the $300... you see where I am going with this.
It gets easier after a while....It's what I call the plastic crack habbit...:slap...lol.

So what are with the Mongers at BBTS that are priced $430 - $445 and have a 'grading'? I'm guessing they've been opened? What is the deal with these?

Bought another sealed one for $460 shipped on eBay. Now waiting for two Mongers to come in the mail. :lol

Will sell one sealed one in the future once it sells out.

102 left on BBTS. I already see people regretting not getting this guy when he was in stock.

Picked up a crushed Mark III helmet, it does the job

Iron Monger is the only figure I have on didplay in my living room, he's just that awesome!!

855BDFFB-980B-4C26-A113-60ACF39DF28B-2174-000001D353AFC4A7.jpg

68AAB496-31A0-44FD-89EC-A7C95D9670C0-2174-000001D371D7358D.jpg

I got my Monger & am blown away. Great detail! Found it for $460. shipped new. Now I will have to remove a shelf in my detolf to fit his big butt in. I was thinking of picking-up a second from BBTS since they have some previously opened for less than retail.

I got my Monger & am blown away. Great detail! Found it for $460. shipped new. Now I will have to remove a shelf in my detolf to fit his big butt in. I was thinking of picking-up a second from BBTS since they have some previously opened for less than retail.

Nice find! Found one for $460 and $350 :)

Where did you find yours for $460?

I found it on ebay actually over a month ago, had him sitting boxed-up on a shelf in my room. Finally popped it open yesterday and couldn't be any happier with it. Good score for $350. there ThatIsTooReal, did you get at the disney store when they had that sale?

I just received mine from BBTS and noticed these stress cracks on both legs (thigh) areas. I'm contacting BBTS now for a replacement. I asked my friend and he has the same problem with his. I wonder if this is a common problem? anyone else get these stress cracks in the same area?

80EBE809-9185-46B3-AB3A-9B89F5F90C46-150-00000003ADE4CE7A_zps01eb856e.jpg

Honestly guys, just my 2 cents: don't think that his price will skyrocket. Those who were interested in Monger already bought it, and he's not sold out yet. Price too high for a figure, even a big one like him, and considering all the releases in the near future with the IM3 movie, I don't see how someone -even a completist- would spend $600-800-1000 on it when it goes sold out. And consider that probably we'll have a 1/6 Hulkbuster for IM3, now THAT will sell out quickly imho.

Agreed, El Mule. There's a ceiling for what most people will spend on a figure and Iron Monger is already there @ retail. Also, it looks like they sold a ton of them, so I'd expect to see Monger semi-regularly on the secondary market in time.

In regards to the stress cracks, that's a little worrying. Didn't notice any on mine but guess I'll have to pull it out of storage to check.

Oh great. I'm about to take the plunge on this but don't want any QC issues. Is that a common problem? I haven't heard of the leg issue until today. Now I'm concerned before I buy. :(

Oh great. I'm about to take the plunge on this but don't want any QC issues. Is that a common problem? I haven't heard of the leg issue until today. Now I'm concerned before I buy. :(

My friend who bought from BBTS had the same issue. He got a replacement which was fine. I'm hoping my replacement will not have the same issue. I don't want to keep returning it till I get a good one. The only reason I checked is because I knew he had it on his.

It seems like this might be a common issue since someone else on this board checked and he had it too.

Back