The Official T-800 Comparison Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate but i meant to ask if even the bodies end up being cheaper on ebay wich i doubt...
I already ordered one on ebay for 90 usd shipped.

I'm talking about on here aswell. I'm sure I'll have options in the future, perhaps when I'm also less strained financially that even if the only options are pretty expensive I will go for them if I want them badly enough.

I see the meh figures of 2012 has turned into an war on mms vs dx terminators. I think this is the better thread to discuss that issue:wink1:
So post up your comparision pic here:)

likeness002.jpg

dx10headshots007.jpg

dx10384.jpg

dx10383.jpg

dx10382.jpg

dx10381.jpg

dx10377.jpg

Sick Pics Skull !!!!!!!!!! Love that pic with the 3 of them

Ok I'll join da Paaaaahhhty

T800DX10002.jpg

T800DX10003.jpg

The likeness to Ahhhhnuld is miles ahead of the MMS version IMO

T800DX10007.jpg

T800DX10008.jpg

T800DX10009.jpg

T800DX10010.jpg

T800DX10012.jpg

I like it a dev an I know it's based a bit off dx10 but I think the battle damage hides the scrutiny that would happen based off likeness alone.
Really looking forward to dx13 that rendition I terminator is my ultimate holy grail for terminator figures. Just give me a new endo , Reese and cop t1 and I'm good forever.

It's not based "a bit" on the DX10. It is a copy of the exact same sculpt that they made the steel molds of to mass produce the DX10. The face isn't that obscured by battle damage that one wouldn't see the same "flaws" that one sees on the DX10. The praise for the DX13 and hate for the DX10 is absolute proof that people are not looking at it objectively. People didn't want the DX10 and they have been wanting the DX13 for years. The result is a distorted perspective when looking at the same sculpt on the two different products. I find it pretty fascinating to be honest.

It's not based "a bit" on the DX10. It is a copy of the exact same sculpt that they made the steel molds of to mass produce the DX10. The face isn't that obscured by battle damage that one wouldn't see the same "flaws" that one sees on the DX10. The praise for the DX13 and hate for the DX10 is absolute proof that people are not looking at it objectively. People didn't want the DX10 and they have been wanting the DX13 for years. The result is a distorted perspective when looking at the same sculpt on the two different products. I find it pretty fascinating to be honest.

:lecture

And what boggles my mind even more, its not that people find flaws with the DX10 sculpt because I don't think its perfection either - its that people think that hagard munchkin-faced MMS117 is better

:lecture

And what boggles my mind even more, its not that people find flaws with the DX10 sculpt because I don't think its perfection either - its that people think that hagard munchkin-faced MMS117 is better

I guess some people get used to the way the figure looks and when an upgrade comes out, it doesn't look "right" compared to the thing that's been on your shelf for the last few years. I don't mind that people prefer the MMS117 but it's kinda crazy to say it looks more like Arnold than the DX10.

Back to the DX comparison, MagnumOpus posted this a while back when he was arguing against the fact that the sculpts are the same. I thought it only helped my argument, so I nicked the photo for myself:

WxSvt.jpg

I guess some people get used to the way the figure looks and when an upgrade comes out, it doesn't look "right" compared to the thing that's been on your shelf for the last few years. I don't mind that people prefer the MMS117 but it's kinda crazy to say it looks more like Arnold than the DX10.

Back to the DX comparison, MagnumOpus posted this a while back when he was arguing against the fact that the sculpts are the same. I thought it only helped my argument, so I nicked the photo for myself:

WxSvt.jpg

I would agree with what I've put in bold - well the entire post aswell.

Even if it isn't the exact same sculpt with BD modifications - it clearly has far more in common with the DX10 sculpt than it does MMS117. And this is a good thing.

If it were a sculpt of Benicio Del Toro I think everyone would be saying ''k....looks more like Arnie though!''
:lol Quite possibly..

I've been frequenting a local gaming store that sells HT figures, to get a look at the DX-10 in person. Sadly, they're behind with a few pieces, so I haven't gotten the chance yet. They did have the 2.0 Medi Vader though, & it looked funny to me. :lol

I don't know man, when I look at my MMS, I see the essence of Arnold in his 40s. It may not be the money, but it's him.

The DX-10 looks like an amalgam of about five people - plus some Arnold.

Sure, it's probably the same sculpt, but the battle damages hide the flaws in the sculpt, mainly that he looks too young (and that it appears softer, but since I don't have the fig, I'm just basing this on the pictures I've seen so far). Other than than, the DX10 sculpt would have been good!

have to say

saw the new dx version in a shop the other day and pics do it no justice. the sculpt is the closest likeness to Arnie hands down.
But the jacket and pant dont look as good as the mms
and the minigun looks crap.

I don't think any of those were particularly flattering shots of the respective sculpts to be honest. No offense to Tommy if he took the pics. One thing is certain, MMS117 is the weakest of the bunch - though in those particular shots its paint looks the best.

Nah not my pics, found them on OSR. Still waiting on my DX10 :impatient:

Back