Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. The belt is glued but does have a tab to hook it. Once your done you'll want to glue it back. If the suit is separated already that's half the battle. Mine was still sewn in one piece. The shorts are sewn to the crotch between the legs but everything else was one suit.

Yes. The belt is glued but does have a tab to hook it. Once your done you'll want to glue it back. If the suit is separated already that's half the battle. Mine was still sewn in one piece. The shorts are sewn to the crotch between the legs but everything else was one suit.

I was very surprised to find it all one piece...
But it has to have been separate top and bottoms and sewed together afterwards.
I shall post images when i get around to tackling it.

Recently got a figure that came along with a pair of thigh muscle, so I thought using them onto my superman returns.

Before
IMG_0291.jpg

After
IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2425-1.jpg
As I've said before, I'm not a big fan of this figure, But I have to say that these pics actually look pretty good. Even the "Before" pic looks pretty good. Id almost consider getting this figure based on these pics.... Almost. :wink1:

I love that headsculpt.
I have the original and the 2-in-1 and although i think the original *seems* to look more like Routh, there are angles that the 2-in-1 head is a dead ringer.
My detolf is right next to me at my desk here, and SR is on the top shelf. From the angle i can see him from here, it's spot on for Routh.
I have an idea for a couple of customs of this figure. I have two of the 2-in-1 heads on the way from China right now. I am looking forward to getting them in hand to get started.

As I've said before, I'm not a big fan of this figure, But I have to say that these pics actually look pretty good. Even the "Before" pic looks pretty good. Id almost consider getting this figure based on these pics.... Almost. :wink1:

Darrel, thank you for the comments. :)
I hope there's be a re-issue or better version of SR to enthusiastic you to own this figure.

Been working on a a bit of a bash in the last few days.
I managed to pick up a couple of spare 2-in-1 heads from a seller in China, got a TTM19 body from a seller here, also picked up a "slightly damaged" Reeve suit here on the forums(A couple of suit runs, plus a cut on the shoulder, which i repaired), loose boots, Pants from an Ebay seller, and a pair of "bruce Lee fists".
Not counting the heads which i had ordered anyway for another project, the body/suit is about $90 worth of pieces.
Body is less muscular than the HT Reeve, but the arms are nicely a bit more bulky that the SR original body. I also added the beefed up thighs. I turned the belt around to smooth the lines and remove the buckle from view.
I am posting pics here because i view it as a stylised SR custom(How i personally would have liked the suit to have been in SR) rather than an altered Reeve version.

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

^love the flying poses man!

Are you going to try to get the head to sit lower on the neck? That's all I'd suggest.

Gipetto :clap I like the way you pose your figure.

Thanks man! :hi5:

Tried to go for that promo pic of him walking up the "new krypton" steps

Wow this thread was hard to find. Just want to give people a heads up that am selling my Hot Toys Superman Returns 2 in 1 figure here on the forums, check the link out:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117441
Hard to find? It was on page 1. It was much harder to find about a week or 2 ago :lol

Nice version user. Great work. I really like it. Your pics are cool too. Keep them coming.

Nice version user. Great work. I really like it. Your pics are cool too. Keep them coming.

Thanks. I am trying to come up with some kind of a boom arm i can use to hoist the Superman figures up so i can do outside flying shots then edit the boom out.
For now, Superman is standing at the back of my Heroes shelf.

IMG_1324.jpg

Nice supergirl. Where did you get the head?

It's just the Hot Toys Caucasian Female Truetype head. I picked up a few from a seller in Canada. Pic of one below. I think it's the same face they used for Machiko.
I just re-did her hairstyle.
The trick with Hot Toys figures with hair is to boil the kettle, and fill up a cup. Attach the head to a pen and dunk the hair in the boiling water. The hair will become more pliant and can be styled almost any way you want. then just sit it on the figure and either let it air dry, or blow dry it(I prefer air drying, next to my computer fan exhaust grill).
I did the same with Babydoll to get her pigtails to sit on her shoulders correctly.
And as for Supergirl's costume, it's just the DC Direct 13" SR suit on her(Once again, boiling water is your friend. I shrunk the suit down a little buy immersing it in boiling water a few times), with a pair of HT SR boots. My Brother says it's "totally non-canon" to have her in a Superman costume, but i think it looks nice. And i like the big long cape. I can send you more pics if you want.
I have a line on a more suitable costume on Ebay. Waiting for it to end so i can snipe in at the past minute.

p1000832.jpg

Back