Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Those pictures you've been posting of Tom are outdated in terms of his body size during TDKR shooting. And I see you posted a picture of him from the Warriors movie, not TDKR.

HardyFebJuly2011.jpg

Source: https://www.tomhardyparty.com/bane-tom-hardyphysical-transformation/

Dedicated guy, ain't he?
"I’m at 190[lbs]. Bat-fans want me to be over 220lbs. 400lbs. I’m like dude! Batman is like Superman, Spider-Man — he belongs to so many people. So many people love him. He belongs to them, and when you step into that kind of character, you are going to fail. And be judged. I’m human, and I do read things. I read the comments, and I cry. I can’t cry for everybody. I just give them a job, and be the best that I can be. Just trust me. I trust Nolan."
Source: https://batman-news.com/2011/08/31/...ardy-says-trust-me-trust-nolan/#ixzz21WwKUHLz

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

His traps on the figure are too small. No getting around that for me. Needs to be changed

Last post I'll make on the subject.

Traps:

RelaxedTraps.jpg

Traps with shoulder blades rotated slightly forward:

ShoulderBladesrolledforward.jpg

I believe that Hardy did this in some (but not all) scenes in TDKR. It adds bulk and even the impression of added hight.

I can understand why people would want the figure to reflect that. :peace

^^ we've all done that in front of the mirror at some point!

Traps:

RelaxedTraps.jpg

I believe that Hardy did this in some (but not all) scenes in TDKR. It adds bulk and even the impression of added hight.

I get your point but yes he DOES do it in many scenes and arguably whenever the camera is focused on his physique, he's doing this - it's another one of the illusions they've employed to make him look bigger than he is - and it works IMO.

Therefore for me the figure needs to have it.

Don't get the hate on this figure. I would love a new body, but did I expect one? No. This looks good enough. The vest is wrong. Not hugely noticeable to anyone not analyzing screenshots though. I do hope that's changed. And I really am unsure there will be a DX of this figure. He's no Joker. And if there is, good for all of you willing to hold out for it or buy this one and buy another. I'm happy with my V1 TDK Batman and V1 Joker with BR head.

Can't wait to own him and Catwoman. I see they're making a Phil Coulsen. Really? I expect a Liam Neeson and Marion Cotillard then.

Traps:

RelaxedTraps.jpg

So that's what you meant by "shirtless photo-shoot."

A good point. I plan to pose him wearing both the shirt and coat after a initial shirtless photo-shoot.

I really don't think HT will do a Bane 2.0 for everyone saying they will get that one. The DX line is for iconic figures and Bane really isnt that big of an icon. If no one buys this Bane it will just end up like two face

I get your point but yes he DOES do it in many scenes and arguably whenever the camera is focused on his physique, he's doing this - it's another one of the illusions they've employed to make him look bigger than he is - and it works IMO.

Exactly. Whether it's camera trickery, CG, or any sort of movie magic, if that's what he looked like in the movie, that's what the figure shouldn't reflect. This isn't a blue filter or no question.

The main thing I'd like changed about this figure is the right hands with wristguard. i don't remember seeing any scenes in the movie when he wasn't whereing it. HT should just make all the right hands with a sculpted glove then have the rest be a sleeve that fits over the forearm/wrist.

things I don't mind too much but wouldn't mind being changed either are the boots to a real fabric, non sculpted boots and have a slightly bigger body

I really don't think HT will do a Bane 2.0 for everyone saying they will get that one. The DX line is for iconic figures and Bane really isnt that big of an icon. If no one buys this Bane it will just end up like two face

wtf. Bane is going to be a huge seller are you kidding me. He was the best character in the movie, better then Batman. Banes performance was scary awesome. Harvey Dents character was nothing compared to the awesomness of Bane.

Yup. The character has this, the figure should too. :lecture

Both Bane and DX12 on order. This is the pose I'm going for in the detolf:

bane-batman-rehearse-dark-knight-rises2_thumb1.jpg

Funny voice. Hammy acting. Bad origin. Cry baby. Dies like a _____. Weird costume. Dumb mask (skeleton goatsie). How does he eat? Why are his gestures like a Power Rangers? Why does he wear a feminine coat? Over the top. A League of Shadow/Ra's Al Ghul rip off. Goes to shoot Batman because he got his ass whooped. A lackey. A "protector". Bad motivation. Bald. Sits on people and kills them by farting (poor Special Forces soldier).

He did give me great lolz though so I can't totally diss the character. Like the "WAT A BEAUTIFUL VOOICE". Hardy does a good job with his facial expressions when he tells Gotham the truth about Dent during the Tumbler scene too.

STILL, AIN'T WORTH GETTING A 1/6 SCALE EXPENSIVE ACTION FIGURE.

You think the performance was scary awesome and that Harvey Dents character was nothing compared to the awesomness of Bane? Better than Batman?

U MAD?

tumblr_m5fja9rTPJ1qki66fo1_500.png

But Harvey dent was two face for about five minutes in tdk,whereas bane was kicking ass the whole movie in tdkr

I just watched the movie. Bane ? I love him. I love them all !

Back