Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, never ever use the "digital zoom" function that's on most cell phones and point 'n shoot cameras. That just enlarges the image and makes it look much much worse. If you have the option, always use the "Optical Zoom." That's a "real" zoom. Do your cropping after you've got the image on your computer. Most cameras nowadays can do that kind of simple editing on the device but I find it clumsy and frustrating.

Hmmm.... Although I have heard about these terms, but never cared or rather understood what exactly they meant. Guess I'll study a bit more. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

The neck is just too long or too thin for the Batman OC 2011....

Looks great except the neck being a bit too long

MUCH better pic :clap, but neck's definetly way too long.

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys. It does look (or is?) pretty long. The unpainted one looks like this:

IMG_4593.jpg
IMG_4599.jpg

Guess I need to 'pull up' the suit a bit on the body or maybe chisel the neck from the bottom. Then it might look better. Do you have a pic with Adams's head on OC? About the 'thinness', I guess it could be the angle. :dunno

You found Takara gauntlets?

I did! :yess: It was difficult, but a good samaritan on the board helped me get a pair. Looking for the Medi Boots and Belt now, which I know is next to impossible, but still trying. :(

Another thing I wish I could do was 'flattening out the beer belly mod'. The way Tony has done it, gives him a completely different look:

BatmanBBcape2.jpg

Last edited:
Guess I need to 'pull up' the suit a bit on the body or maybe chisel the neck from the bottom. Then it might look better.

It is possible to futz a suit coat to fit higher on a neck, but not sure you will be able to do anything like that with the bat costume. You could try posing the shoulders higher - that might help a little. If that doesn't do it, I would use an emery board to file the neck shorter:

Set the emery board (or sandpaper) on a flat surface, take the head (without the adapter) and while holding the head neck-down, rub the bottom flat part (where the adapter attaches) back and forth on it.

I've used this technique for shortening "with-neck" head-sculpts before.

Another thing I wish I could do was 'flattening out the beer belly mod'.

Mine doesn't have a beer-belly. :dunno

It is possible to futz a suit coat to fit higher on a neck, but not sure you will be able to do anything like that with the bat costume. You could try posing the shoulders higher - that might help a little. If that doesn't do it, I would use an emery board to file the neck shorter:

Set the emery board (or sandpaper) on a flat surface, take the head (without the adapter) and while holding the head neck-down, rub the bottom flat part (where the adapter attaches) back and forth on it.

I've used this technique for shortening "with-neck" head-sculpts before.

Thanks again for the advice Mag! I believe the sandpaper thing will be good. Will do it over the weekend.

Mine doesn't have a beer-belly. :dunno

I just don't pose him enough, guess that's why he looks a little bloated sometimes. I fear touching the suit too much :horror and messing it up. Will try the 'stomach-in, chest-out, and shoulders-back' thing and see if it works. :)

536321_10150936632779768_548279767_13071325_2093675351_n.jpg

I finally decided to take him out and keep him even after reading all the horrible reviews. His horrible ankles actually made this pose much easier lol

Is that the base that came with HT Spidey?

After having this figure for a while, its definitely grown on me. At first I wasn't overly impressed, but I do say its probably my favorite Bale Bats that HT has done.

I'd imagine that pose would ruin the rubber suit over time.

The rubber suit will peel no matter what (mine did being in the box!) but is noticeable under certain light/angles only.

(now my message is too short :monkey1)

Well, I just found out that the right boot on my Bruce Wayne/Batman figure was broken right out of the box. Time to contact Sideshow. Hope I'm not out of luck.

Anyone one have an EXTRA boot that want to sell? :(

Well, I just found out that the right boot on my Bruce Wayne/Batman figure was broken right out of the box. Time to contact Sideshow. Hope I'm not out of luck.

My friend, I was in the same boat like you few months ago and thand the new boot have the same problem replaced again with out luck :(
the end of this tale was they sy tome sorry they don'ta hve any more boots and they give me $25.00 in my account and I have to buy before is too late a pair of boots from Ebay for $55.00
:(

My friend, I was in the same boat like you few months ago and thand the new boot have the same problem replaced again with out luck :(
the end of this tale was they sy tome sorry they don'ta hve any more boots and they give me $25.00 in my account and I have to buy before is too late a pair of boots from Ebay for $55.00
:(

Do the Boot Mod below and save your money. All the boots are going to break sooner or later. defective plastic.

Back