Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Here is a quick crude comparison.

On the left is the HT version, screen cap from the video posted on youtube.

On the right is the screen used Batmobile which I took a picture of last month at the WB Studio Museum in Burbank.

Batmobile%252520Comparison.jpg

There's plenty of areas for improvement IMO which are clear even with this very crude comparison

The wheels look correct.... (They were that silverish color in the 1989 film)

I just noticed from your pic Void that the Batmobile at the WB studio has . . . windshield wipers?

So not even the real Batmobile is "movie accurate"? :horror

Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

My 7 year old niece is going to have so much fun using this with her Barbie dolls!!! Maybe I'll buy two and paint one pink!

It might look nice in a pearlescent pink. Considering the proportions, it won't really make it much less original... Not sure how well a HT Batmobile would stand up to child's play though. On the other hand, girls have a reputation for being gentler with their toys than boys do, so it will likely fare better than one would expect...

OK Here is a quick crude comparison.

On the left is the HT version, screen cap from the video posted on youtube.

On the right is the screen used Batmobile which I took a picture of last month at the WB Studio Museum in Burbank.

Batmobile%252520Comparison.jpg

There's plenty of areas for improvement IMO which are clear even with this very crude comparison

Thanks for posting, ironically the back of the car is even more inaccurate.

Wait, Void I guess I'm mistaken. The Returns Batmobile DID have windshield wipers.

Makes sense considering it was snowing. Odd, I never noticed that. Pretty nice touch.

BatmanReturnsBatmobile13.jpg

Wait, Void I guess I'm mistaken. The Returns Batmobile DID have windshield wipers.

Makes sense considering it was snowing. Odd, I never noticed that. Pretty nice touch.

BatmanReturnsBatmobile13.jpg

I can see it now. 2012 xx Asian show exclusive. Returns Batmobile.

With real like fully realized windshield wipers.

:yess:

For all those complaining that it is too short, there may be another explanation other than the illusion from the canopy being open, or that HT flat-out shortened it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective_distortion_(photography)

Also bear in mind that this is a smaller model of a much larger thing, so all else being equal (photographing both of them with a similar lens-ed camera from a similarly close distance) the smaller model will ALWAYS look stockier than the larger one.

Don't believe me? I've got an easy mental exercise that can prove it. Consider a perfect cube, small enough to hold in your hand, let's say 2x2x2 inches. Imagine looking at it (or taking a picture of it) from about 3 feet away. You can pretty easily see that the side furthers from you is the same size at the side closest to you, and that that length is the same also. In fact, there is very little noticeable distortion for such a small object at this distance. Now imagine another perfect cube, the size of a house, lets say 40x40x40 feet. Imagine looking at it (or taking a picture of it with an identical camera and lense) from the exact distance-- 3 feet away. The far end of it will recede much more into perspective. The smaller cube will look much stockier, even though you KNOW they are both perfect cubes and therefore are both in perfect proportion to each other.

Now, I can see some inaccuracies with this car (some have been mentioned already). But even if it was a perfectly shrunk down model, it would appear stockier than the real thing in photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back