UPDATE Man of Steel Superman *Last Post* -Gipetto's Workshop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gipetto's Workshop-(Re)Sculpts & Paint Jobs (*Update*Pg 22)

Wow!!! You nailed it man. Seriously man, give yourself a huge pat on the back, that is Starkiller right there!!!
Since you mentioned you're looking for a caster, you might wanna contact CREG who is casting Adam's Bruce Wayne sculpt. Maybe he can do it or point you in the right direction.
Very impressive bro. :clap
Let me know the price man once you have that narrowed down.

Great work man, you did an excellent job!

Your best sculpt easily, great work!

Thanks guys! :hi5: I'm really glad you guys like it!

Remy: I've been thinking about asking him, figured I'd wait until he's done with the BW castings :wink1: It would be pretty convenient since he's relatively close by. But, I'll let you and everyone know when I can :) Thanks again man!

oh and here are some size comparisons. I'd say it's in between the Sideshows sculpt and HT

With SS Captain Rex
SKFinished22.jpg

With HT Wolverine
SKFinished25.jpg

well now that Starkiller is done. Here's a teaser of what's to come next :)

3639111530_b0751467b7_o.jpg

I assume you're making a Gambit Kitbash right and not sculpt one? Cause the HT Narrow head that came with it is based on Taylor Kitch aka, Gambit.
Or are you making a comic version?

I assume you're making a Gambit Kitbash right and not sculpt one? Cause the HT Narrow head that came with it is based on Taylor Kitch aka, Gambit.
Or are you making a comic version?

yep, kitbashing a Origins Gambit. I am thinking of making some tweaks to the TT Narrow sculpt but won't know for sure until I have it in hand. I have about half the stuff I need. I have made the cards and have what I need to make the bow/staff but but haven't made it yet.

I'm going to try and go all out on this though. Custom box and such. Try to make it look as legit as possible. It's going to be for my brother for xmas/bday. I know it's a ways away but it's going to take some time to get everything done, especially the box design

yep, kitbashing a Origins Gambit. I am thinking of making some tweaks to the TT Narrow sculpt but won't know for sure until I have it in hand. I have about half the stuff I need. I have made the cards and have what I need to make the bow/staff but but haven't made it yet.

I'm going to try and go all out on this though. Custom box and such. Try to make it look as legit as possible. It's going to be for my brother for xmas/bday. I know it's a ways away but it's going to take some time to get everything done, especially the box design

Sounds liek it's going to be an amazing piece, can't wait to see it finished! Good luck! :hi5:

Would definitely love to see your take on it.
I made one, was actually quite happy with it.
If you want to check it out, just look for my collection thread named Remy's hawt toys, lol. My SS name is from Remy Lebeau :)
Would definitely like to see your version.

Last edited:

Sounds liek it's going to be an amazing piece, can't wait to see it finished! Good luck! :hi5:

Thanks man! I hope it turns out good! :lol

Would definitely love to see your take on it.
I made one, was actually quite happy with it.
If you want to check it out, just look for my collection thread named Remy's hawt toys, lol. My SS name is from Remy Lebeau :)
Would definitely like to see your version.

Thanks man! and yea I definitely looked at yours and Cheungkinmen's to get an idea for where/how to start and then went from there looking up tons of source material :)

Funny that he's a bit of a secondary character I'd say but yet it was easier find pics of him than of Sabretooth/Victor Creed who I also plan on making with Headplay's head and Robbiethepainter's hands.

What's really cool is that this is one of those bash that once youre done, it looks like an official figure since fortunately, Hot Toys made Taylor Kitch sculpt. It looks like they were in the process of making a gambit figure when they scrapt it.

The only hard thing that I ran into was trying to find a purple shirt so I ended having to dye a regular shirt.
Oh, I had EvilFace also make a HT stand decal for him, so if you're looking for one, here ya go :)
EvilFace's decals are amazing, it somehow makes custom figures look official. I highly recommend getting one.

so25wk.jpg

awesome man! thanks! I'm definitely going to send him a PM when I'm further along with this project. And yea definitely going to have to die the shirt and vest I have the right colors. I'm also going to paint over the black leather jacket I have with some watered down brown. I have all the ideas just need to get the money to do it all :lol

Finally Finished!!! I hope you guys like it! Most of the ones you'll see after the jump to the link are from the front but in different light. My digicam is completely dead :( all I have is my phone and it doesn't pick up the hair detail too well so I hope the front is enough for now. I wish you guys could see it in hand as these crappy phone pics really don't do it just and I'm not being biased eaither :wink1::monkey3 thank you for being patient!:hi5:

more pics here: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3270458#post3270458

SKFinished4.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

Your best sculpt easily, great work!

Do doubt! :lecture

Can't wait to see more work from you G! :)

That Starkiller looks great did you just use the game cover as reference? It looks like him but if you were looking at going back to it later or making another one I believe he is modelled on Sam Witwer who played Davis Bloom in Smallville, I believe Witwer voices Starkiller aswell

That Starkiller looks great did you just use the game cover as reference? It looks like him but if you were looking at going back to it later or making another one I believe he is modelled on Sam Witwer who played Davis Bloom in Smallville, I believe Witwer voices Starkiller aswell

Thanks man! And yep I used Sam Witwer for my reference material. I only used game references for the hair. If I can get a caster, then I plan on modding this one to a screaming hea similar to the game cover.

It's been slowly getting painted but I haven't had much time to do so with starting a new job and all

hey guys! finally painted. Got to apologize for the roughness. that's completely my fault. On my first go I stupidly forgot to apply a base primer coat so everything got roughed up b/c the paint wasn't sticking, yet I kept applying coat after coat (where's that smiley with hammer hitting it on the head? :slap). so I scrubbed it as much as I could off, but some bits stayed in all the crevices and folds.

any who, its done. Really glad I was able to some tone variations in the hair. Was a little skeptical if I was going to be able to pull that off at the beginning. I know the eyes still need some work. if I can get a caster I'll have another go at it when I can

SKPainted6.jpg

SKPainted7.jpg

SKPainted8.jpg

SKPainted9.jpg

SKPainted10.jpg

SKPainted11.jpg

SKPainted12.jpg

SKPainted15.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Gipetto's Workshop-Update*Pg 24-Stark Killer Painted Up

here's a snippet of what I've really been working on for quite some time now. Just didn't want to say in case it looked bad hehe still have a long way to go but I'm liking how its coming. The paint apps were quick to see if I liked how the sculpt was going. It'll get painted again when it gets closer to finish
JS-Teaser1.jpg

Re: *Update Pg24*Gipetto's Workshop-Starkiller Painted Up and New Project Teaser!!!

Awesome!

Did you start woking on this before the Hot Toys DX Sparrow was announced?

Re: *Update Pg24*Gipetto's Workshop-Starkiller Painted Up and New Project Teaser!!!

I had the idea before the DX was shwons, but wasn't too sure I was gonig to go through with it until I realized I probably wouldn't be able to get the DX (which sucks) so I decided to make my own. and if it turns out good enough, I may be able to sell it to get a good amount to get the DX. I'm trying to make 2 different ones but we'll see.

Re: *Update Pg24-POTC Teaser!!!!*Gipetto's Workshop

Look forward to seeing it. :)

Re: *Update Pg24-POTC Teaser!!!!*Gipetto's Workshop

well, while I'm waiting for some pieces to get here, thought I'd try my hand at some flash photography and I have to say I like the results. I know most say use natural lighting and stuff but I wanted to do other wise. I think some great details came out of doing this way.

Sith Anakin
SAM_1705.jpg

Obi-wan Kenobi
SAM_1694.jpg

Aragorn as Strider
SAM_1695.jpg

Back