Fred barton 1:1 Robocop bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to agree... that scene leaves no confusion about what you are about to see :rock :rock

Robocop is definitely in my top 10; I recognize it isn't high art, but damn is it an awesome movie :rock :rock :rock

easy top 10 for me...maybe even top 5. I gotta make a list one of these days. One thing is for sure...PREDATOR is unquestionably my #1 favorite film of all-time.

It's def in my top 5. Watched it when I was 7 and then recorded it off TV becaus I remember thinking how gross it was when emile got covered in Toxic waste. That part was always cut out of the tv version along with the swearing and all the other gore. When I finally saw the uncut version again it was the most enjoyable film I'd seen. Is that sick?

Not at all. I never saw an edited version but if I did and then saw the uncut version, I would have felt the same way you did.

Now if you enjoyed watching movies like August Underground or Mordum, then that would be sick... :)

Just spoke to Fred. He told me that the prototype has been painted and ready to be photographed.

So we will see....

I also pre-order this piece too !

Thanks man.

Fred also planning to do a 1/2 scale and 1/4 scale Robocop and a 1/4 scale ED-209 for 2012 release.

You know what guys...Im actually debating getting the 1:1 statue instead. If you think about it, 8k is not that bad for what your getting....hmm

Chris

For 8K, it has MUCH more presence than the Reventón for sure. :lol

See thats the way im thinking of it. The model cars I buy go for $5-$6k on average. For an extra 2k, I can get a 1:1 Robocop statue. The only issue im having with all this...I know im going to be raped in customs fees at the door when its delivered. I paid $550 in customs fees when my 1:2 Iron man was delivered. Can you imagine what fees would be on an 8k statue :monkey4.....$2000+ easy.
I know Fred is going to do it the legit way and declare the proper value. $2000 in fees to get nothing out of it really buggs me. I could buy the 1:2 Robocop in what I'd pay in customs fees alone :gah:

Chris

See thats the way im thinking of it. The model cars I buy go for $5-$6k on average. For an extra 2k, I can get a 1:1 Robocop statue. The only issue im having with all this...I know im going to be raped in customs fees at the door when its delivered. I paid $550 in customs fees when my 1:2 Iron man was delivered. Can you imagine what fees would be on an 8k statue :monkey4.....$2000+ easy.
I know Fred is going to do it the legit way and declare the proper value. $2000 in fees to get nothing out of it really buggs me. I could buy the 1:2 Robocop in what I'd pay in customs fees alone :gah:

Chris

:thud: There's gotta be a way to avoid it! You Sir, need to find that out, soon.

That's easy if you want to take the risk.

Have it ship in parts and each part declare minimum value as a toy.

It's going to be hard for customs to catch you when all you have is a WAIST of . . . something?

Fred Barton will do whatever the heck you want. It's your money, your insurance, your risk.

Split it over 8 or 9 separate shipments over 2-3 months. It should work.

Dennis

robocop.gif

Back