SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me there is no deminsion to the face paint on this. I would have liked to have seen yours Nathan.

Admittedly, Kat did a better job than I did. My approach to her face wasn't quite right. I believe they tweeked the sculpt a bit too from the heads I did to the ones on the official proto. She's an all around better piece now.

If I get permission to show my own pics of the heads I painted, I'll post them here.

If you want to see what I'm capable of though, click this link, but beware, it contains 1/4 scale boobies.
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=44553&id=100000440233124&l=46a04c1c86

Thank you all for the interest in Mal. He is now claimed.

I have three other pieces from the same person who backed out on Mal. PM me if you are interested in any of the following.

Book of Eli
Eli02.jpg

Eli01.jpg

Hughe Dillon
TopRight.jpg

TopLeft.jpg

AtCamera.jpg

Shaun of the Dead. This is the full figure with accessories and original Sideshow box, but I'm only really charging for the head.
ShaunoftheDeadPoster.jpg

ShaunoftheDead03.jpg

ShaunoftheDead01.jpg

That Shaun looks great... people really seemed down on those figures, but I thought the extreme and somewhat grotesque sculpts worked great for the license.

But of course your paint on it really made him shine :rock Bummer about the person flaking on you like that. This may be a first; the customer flaking out on the customizer :lol :lol :lol

Sorry to hear about the flaking on you bro. Those repaints are off the hook. If I could afford it right now, I'd take Shaun. Good luck!

And btw, I didn't have Mal painted by you. I think we may have talked about it though. I'm glad you were able to sell your other one (brilliant paint up) The 2 pieces of yours that are proudly displayed in my house are you P1 repaint, and your Freddy Krueger custom. More to come definitely in the future.

Oops, my bad. :slap I didn't remember off the top of my head who the third Mal head was for, and thought it was you because of the boots thing. Oh well.

Last edited:
I PM'ed you about the Hugh Dillon head. I commisioned Daniel Choe to sculpt it for me and apparently sold one to the guy who flaked on you. I love the paint job and would love to have it back if the price is right.
Mike

Rogue pics are up.

I painted everything, including hair, but not the faces or belt poches. My faces were replaced with improved sculpts painted by Kat. The pouches were done in-house when they knew what the jacket fabric color would be.

3000451_press03-001.jpg

3000451_press02-001.jpg

3000451_press01-001.jpg

300045_press03-001.jpg

300045_press02-001.jpg

300045_press01-001.jpg

The Marvel PF line has been epic win after epic win...what I wouldn't do for some more display space (and money of course). Outstanding work on Rogue, Nathan :clap

i met her many years ago at SDCC..i believe it was in 06...gave me great pointers...but i have always said that behind Eddie Wires...she was right up there with the top painters in the industry...

you are definitely up there once your name spreads to all different groups and industries as far as painting...:)

You are correct. She does amazing work, doesn't she? How do you know her?

JokerPosterB.jpg

The faux hair wigs on the 1/6 Michael Myers heads aside, this is the first time I've done faux hair of this kind, so please be kind with the criticism.

Starting from the back, I went up row by row to the top of the head. I cut thin strands, measured and trimmed them, and glued/planted them all individually. This project was way more work in the hair department than anticipated. I've seen several Joker heads haired by different people, but I have a new appreciation for what it took to accomplish it.

Hair-1.jpg

I used yellow wool hair and painted each row brown and then green as I went up. Once it was all done and dry, the color had faded (maybe from handling as well), and it frizzed out into a big puff.

HairedRight.jpg

I had to go back through all of it and paint it again. While it was nice and wet, it laid down pretty close to the head. When it had dried a bit, I started to pull at it to make it hang naturally.

HairedLeft.jpg

Once it was where I liked it, I tried to see if my wife had any hairspray. She's Japanese with pretty straight hair, so no luck there. I went ahead and grabbed my can of Army Painter clear primer/sealer and gave the hair a heavy dose. It worked even better than hairspray, and because the mist was so fine, it didn't leave beeded up droplets everywhere which is what I feared might happen with hairspray. I guess it all worked out.

What do you think?

HairedFront.jpg

I've been waiting to see the Cop Joker turned into a good Clown since the DX Joker came out, and this is it. Simply fantastic.

:bow :bow :bow :bow

That is pretty nice although I think the hair are too green, they should be more of a brown, light brown at the to of the head.
I also think that the ahir on top of the head are a little too puffy.

BUT the paint is really beautiful.

That is sick Nathan, if i had the Joker that would be a definite mod for me. Can I ask how much you charge for paint and rooted hair mod? Its nice to know for future reference. Thanks....

Dude, it is amazing how far you have come.. Your work is astounding, I LOVE that Joker and the Rogue came out great. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see what else you come up with in the future.

Back