DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
That reply is a generic early stage brush off and should not be seen as the end but the beginning. Don't clean the Bat anymore and take the best "worst" picture you can an in this case tends to be flash pictures and more clear and firm with your follow up request as it certainly now seems first level support is not handing out replacements anymore in an attempt to limit exposure but for your individual case you want to have your case escalted to the supervisor or alike to demand what is your right to own a flawless figures as it certainly does exist! At some point if it goes nowhere I would call them. Also get your seller involved as they may care a bit more about your satisfaction

There was a dealer on this board that got rejected with replacements. He had 12+ figures or so that was leaking from his customers that Hot Toys refused. It seems to be a grey area and so much hassle that never ever ends.

Then Sanshou sent his back to Hot Toys 2 - 3 weeks ago but I'm dying to find out what happens with that because even though with no confirmation Hot Toys seems to be carrying another stunt that could start soon. You send off your body for replacement then they reject the body even after photos of the incident and could end up sending you back the defective body. However no word on that yet.

Somebody else here his figures was so shiny and melting marks Hot Toys still rejected him even photos with the flash on.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2535577&postcount=2043

There was a dealer on this board that got rejected with replacements. He had 12+ figures or so that was leaking from his customers that Hot Toys refused. It seems to be a grey area and so much hassle that never ever ends.

Then Sanshou sent his back to Hot Toys 2 - 3 weeks ago but I'm dying to find out what happens with that because even though with no confirmation Hot Toys seems to be carrying another stunt that could start soon. You send off your body for replacement then they reject the body even after photos of the incident and could end up sending you back the defective body. However no word on that yet.

Somebody else here his figures was so shiny and melting marks Hot Toys still rejected him even photos with the flash on.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2535577&postcount=2043

I would probably not have indicated that some areas have dried but also highlighted the fact that the material underneath the abs have started melting as well (I can even see it in his existing pics). Overall HT's strategy is to reject as much as possible but there is always room to push back. Just gotto keep trying

Overall HT's strategy is to reject as much as possible but there is always room to push back.

Sad indeed. Hot Toys makes me feel like I've stolen 2 DX figures as if I'm trying to get two more free out of them.

Just gotto keep trying

It's becoming hard that when your email goes straight into their trash can and erased.

I just posted in the other DX Batman thread but this is probably more fitting place. I just received an email back from Hot Toys saying they wont replace my DX Batman because its the leaking isnt severe enough. Surely ANY leaking is more than enough. I gather this has happened to a few others too then?

I just posted in the other DX Batman thread but this is probably more fitting place. I just received an email back from Hot Toys saying they wont replace my DX Batman because its the leaking isnt severe enough. Surely ANY leaking is more than enough. I gather this has happened to a few others too then?

Pretty much will happen to every figure outside of the DCD run. The above poll is fairly inaccurate as a nice chunk of the no-leakers voted before theirs started leaking. It can take anywhere from arrival, up to a month and longer, before signs start showing.

i just post this same email ... im done with HT i just canceled every HT order i have this is why SS is the best in my eyes

Hey Guys,

I am sorry to hear that Hot Toys wont replace the faulty items. How many people have been rejected by hot toys? Let me know, I will contact my hot toys connect and try to help you guys out in anyway possible. It wont hurt to ask....

Hey Guys,

I am sorry to hear that Hot Toys wont replace the faulty items. How many people have been rejected by hot toys? Let me know, I will contact my hot toys connect and try to help you guys out in anyway possible. It wont hurt to ask....

thanks ... put me down as 1

I bought 2 back in February. I'm not even getting any responses from them. I have proof of purchase if this solution goes any further.

Both figures biceps are leaking like a bad sweat while one has blistered badly.

dscf9520.jpg

dscf9518.jpg

Last edited:
i sent them an email with pics. i also bought 2. one has a disintegrating bicep armor. they replied with please send pics. good lord. so i sent them again. i bought them from toy square and if i dont hear back im going to ask eric for help. if that fails im ready to pitch these in the garbage.

Hey Guys,

how do you want to bring hot toys to replace those bodies?
ah and btw, count me as well to the black-list of hot toys ^^

Pretty much will happen to every figure outside of the DCD run. The above poll is fairly inaccurate as a nice chunk of the no-leakers voted before theirs started leaking. It can take anywhere from arrival, up to a month and longer, before signs start showing.

Yeah, i got mine in January and it always seemed fine. I just thought i was lucky,until a couple of weeks ago it finally started leaking. Was a bit annoyed that i'd have to get a replacement. Then got even more annoyed that i cant get a replacement.

Hey Guys,

Hey, if you can do anything then put me down for one. Was so pi$$ed when i heard they wouldnt replace mine.

Put me down too please. Mine doesn't seem to leak as bad as some other people, but like Russell said, any leaking is more than enough, especially when I paid $200 for this toy.

OK boys

If your figure is leaking do NOT expect that it will stay in shape!! I can now confirm that the residue will melt the plastic asn my underpants layer now has started to melt and lost the pattern it use to show
tdkoily2.jpg

I can guarantee you this was almost fine last time I checked but I have not kept up with cleaning it and so I strongly advise all of you to slip something in between and continue cleaning it or leave it to deteriorate enough to hopefully get a replacement as all of your figures will eventually get to this point

Last edited:
Back