1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

The stock HT photo looks more like the lighting you get in real life. Or it certainly does in my office room.

I would personally go by the HT stock photos, I think the lighting is very good at giving a natural, in your home feeling, good mix of lighting, the magazing shots seem worked to make all the detailing crystal clear, which is nice, but very few things look good flooded in light.

At last! Someone agrees with me...
Yup. I can't believe there hasn't been much chatter about this version of the head/mouth. It's bloody sensational! I am suprised that this head/mouth isn't getting talked a bout a lot, really. It's the best of the 3 for me!

EDIT: Talking about this:

dn0olj.jpg

Last edited:

To agonistes86:

20090713_f57e32fe51769b713788bNg46PjDVGgd.jpg

You can see in this pic (lower right hand corner) both of the utility belts that come with the figure (Standard plastic + 1 metal/magnetic). Not sure why the official proto pics omit that. :confused

One thing I'd like to know is if it actually comes with the prop for the second head, with the first Batmans, there was nothing for the Wayne head in the HT photos, nor BR Joker and DX Joker was propped on a clear box, but this is a functional stand, be nice if it were included, may not use it for Batman but I'm sure it can be used with a number of heads from HT.

DX02_TDK_Batman_21.jpg

Yup. I can't believe there hasn't been much chatter about this version of the head/mouth. It's bloody sensational! I am suprised that this head/mouth isn't getting talked a bout a lot, really. It's the best of the 3 for me!

EDIT: Talking about this:

dn0olj.jpg

It's really nice, but I'm finding myself drawn to the angry one, it just make the figure look like a beast, which is what I loved about the Prewitt SWAT scene, he just plows through the SWAT team like an unstoppable force driven by determination, it was great, even when he beat up all of Lao's guys he was just tearing through them.

They've used those headstands quite a bit at Toy Hunters and none of the figures have actually come with them. I made my own to display one of the Bruce heads using a SS/Weta helm stand.

One thing I wish too, it'd be nice if they took photos showing the LED display stand in use, I think Batman will look good with the low angle lighting, Joker's iffy, the BR head never looked it's best under that lighting.

It's really nice, but I'm finding myself drawn to the angry one, it just make the figure look like a beast, which is what I loved about the Prewitt SWAT scene, he just plows through the SWAT team like an unstoppable force driven by determination, it was great, even when he beat up all of Lao's guys he was just tearing through them.

I love the looking of the three, and the possibility of posing him in different moods makes the figure even funier, but talking about accuracy, I think this one is the nearest... but yeah, the angry face is sooooo cool for recreating fighting scenes... :google

One thing I wish too, it'd be nice if they took photos showing the LED display stand in use, I think Batman will look good with the low angle lighting, Joker's iffy, the BR head never looked it's best under that lighting.

Kinda weird right? You'd think they'd want to show that off since it's something new yet no one (not even Toy Hunters) has shown the new stand with the LED's on. Hmmm..

Kinda weird right? You'd think they'd want to show that off since it's something new yet no one (not even Toy Hunters) has shown the new stand with the LED's on. Hmmm..

In my experience, the LED should be strong, but I'm just curious how the figure will look with light coming from that angle and the overall effect. The base isn't a huge factor for me in getting the DX figures, but still would be nice to see it put to use.

Maybe HT felt the lights don't really portray their figures that well (in photos) so they've avoided it. :confused:

It is curious, I would think the opposite though, with the right camera settings, you could make the effect far cooler than you'll ever get in your home. Oh well, about another month and we'll know with Joker, and can rough it for Batman, those who have the first TDK.

This is probably a really dumb question but where are the lights on the base? Are the lights the black circles at the corners? Im not really sure because they dont look like lights

Hope you didn't send that coppery one.

Why shouldn't he?It looks 100X times more accurate than the HT sculpt and it's not coppery(another shade of grey and the kevlar pieces also appear more brown under different lightning).

Can't you see the difference

comparison2.jpg

Hot Toys' silver color looks better than the PSed image, I'd hate if they made the color change.

Hot Toys' silver color looks better than the PSed image, I'd hate if they made the color change.

OK don't change the color, but fix the whole sculpt,this is MMS DX series?We want movie accurate, that's why we are gonna shell 200+(with shipping)!

Here happy now?
98589357.png

Hot Toys
21130657.jpg

How it should be

Last edited:

This is probably a really dumb question but where are the lights on the base? Are the lights the black circles at the corners? Im not really sure because they dont look like lights

Yup. That's the lights. You can see the actual light better in this pic of the DX Joker Stand (same as the DX Batman) form the Toy Hunters store:

200904021835b69f41821f3.jpg

Structural changes I'm for, the color change doesn't seem accurrate and even if it is, looks bad, so I'd rather inaccurrate in that regard, and I think anything regarding changes should be voted on here before emailed to HT, I'd hate to see figures "fixed" in ways I, and possibly others, don't agree with because someone on their own submits stuff and HT happens to listen but majority doesn't support it.

Back