Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My youngest daugther just got a new camera! It takes some really nice pictures!

I'm not ready to show my latest projects yet Jess. I'd like to, but I just don't think it will truly impress anyone at this point. My motivation is to knock some socks off! (That may not happen... but that's my goal.) :angelsmil

My youngest daugther just got a new camera! It takes some really nice pictures!

:angelsmil

Speaking of camera. I took photos of the Burke head but didn't load the memory stick in the flash drive. I'll post some pix tomorrow.:banghead

The only good I see that can come from a new Butonesqe - POTA flick would be more products dedicated to the original series.

ANG - Send some pix if ya got 'em.

I think that's where everybody else is, Angel. How are your projects, Angel? Got any photos to share???

I better finish up C's pants this weekend for you!!

Hey Jess and Angel! Have you all bought the tie for the Cornelius figure yet? I know where you can find the correct one. I will PM you both! Later, Kent.:rolleyes:

Here's the suit. The pants are totally not done, but I was excited to photograph it. Needs a shirt, I know...And I cropped Z's bright green shoes from the bottom of the photo...

IMG_3861.jpg

Hello Jess and Angel! I have been trying to track down a striped shirt to use for the Cornelius with no results. Any luck with you two?:confused:

Here's my Julius. I like the way my friend Jeff sculpted the arms on his Julius much better! (See post # 9620 from a few days ago.) The hair on his Julius looks "less groomed" than mine.

Now that is one cool looking Gorilla! I think that He stoled Taylors Cigar. Crooked Monkey, err, I mean Ape!:naughty

KFOG - That might be a tough one to turn into Virdon.

JESS - In the pilot episode Zaius wore the Armageddon outfit. He wears it at the trial.

Yea, I knew I was really reaching on this one! Thanks for all of the feedback!:rolleyes:

Hey Jess and Angel! I found this Juice while shopping at Sprouts Farmers Market. Read the label closely, I think that Zira would find it quite refreshing.:rotfl

Ok, found my first part (all the way from post 1761) so I didn't have to retype it:

POTA & Trek!!! Where did you get the Trek unis?? I've been looking for decent ones for years. Thought I finally had a connection to some a year or so ago but the guy just stopped answering me.
Anyway, I started a crossover of my own a few years back, LMK what you think. I didn't get as far as I'd wanted with it. :monkey2

"Captain, we are picking up a distress signal. It's outdated, but definitely a distress signal."
First Officer Spock hastened to the Communications Officer's area and listened to the signal. He raised one eyebrow as if amazed by what he heard, then said, " It is a distress signal, Captain. Circa late 20th century."
"Late...20th...century...? Spock, how can that be?"
"Unknown, Captain"
"Where is it coming from? Anything on scanners?"
"All sectors appear vacant, yet we are receiving the signal"
"Uhura, can you boost the signal source? Triangulate its origin?"
"I'm trying to boost the signal now sir"
"It appears to be eminating from this sector", Spock observed, " a heading of 282.4 should bring us closer."
"Sulu, set a course for that heading. Warp factor 5."
Captain James T. Kirk turned towards communications.
"Uhura, notify Starfleet of what we've found and that we are heading in for further investigation."
Lt. Spock interjected. "Captain, That heading also brings us dangerously close to the Klingon border."
"I'm aware of that Mr. Spock. The Klingons could be the reason that ship is in trouble.'
"Or, sir, they could be using the signal in hopes of luring us in with a false call for help."
"Duly noted Spock. Head into that sector nice and easy, Mr. Sulu. No need to alarm anyone if we don't have to."
"Aye, sir."
Almost immediately a strange "wave" appeared off the port bow.
"Spock, what is that?"
"Unknown Captain. Our sensors did not pick up any indication until it was already visible. They are not able to discern its properties."
"Raise shields!"
The command came too late as the ship was slammed and jolted by the unusual wave in space.
"Shields unresponsive Captain. I cannot raise them."
"Scotty. We need all power to shields!"
This command came as another tremendous "wave" rocked the starship.
Explosions erupted throughout the ship.
"Its goona be a nasty refit after this." thought Chief Engineer Montomery Scott as he worked feverishly to divert power from wherever he could to the shields.
Too late.
Another "wave" struck and suddenly it was as if the U.S.S. Enterprise were the center spindle on a tilt-a-whirl.
Kirk clung to the arm of his command chair.
"Scotty!! We need those shields NOW!!"
"Sir" , Sulu began, "we've lost all power to our warp engines. impulse power is draining rapidly."
"Scotty!"
There was no answer.
Explosions continued to batter the badly damaged ship.
Uhura broke in." Captain, hull breaches on decks 3 thru 12, 17 thru 21."
Kirk paused, " Seal off the affected areas."
"But Captain, there are still crew.."
He cut her off.
"I know! Do It!!"
Another tumultuous "wave" struck and suddenly everything went blank...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Below it was a sunny day. The three fugitives from Central City all looked up in unison as a strange anomaly opened in the far, distant sky.
It closed almost immediately, but they had all seen it.
"What was that?" inquired Galen, "I've never seen anything like that before."
Virdon looked at Burke.
"Go ahead Alan, tell him." Burke said, knowing full well that he, himself, had no clue whatsoever.
Commander Alan Virdon, ever the extreme optimist, looked up at the sky, over at Galen and then back to Burke.
"Pete, what if that was a rescue ship?"
"Right, Alan. "Cause I know I mailed that "Here we are. Please come get us" letter before we left Ape City."
"You have a better explanation?"
"On this Planet?..God only knows what's next..."
Galen finally spoke up.
"A rescue ship? Is that even possible?"
"Anything's possible, Galen, no matter how unlikely."
Virdon continued to search the skies as they ventured forward.
"There was something up there", Burke observed, " but whatever it was, its over. Done with."
"What's that?", The chimpanzee Galen's voice interrupted both humans. "Over there?"
In the distance were a few small dunes, but there was something obviously darker near the center of them, even from this distance. They headed in the dunes direction and trekked onward, temporarily putting the image from the sky aside.
Several hours later they were close enough to make out a few details.
"Pete, thats a door!"
"What would a door be doing out here?"
"Who knows exactly what here used to be?"
They tred on with very few words till darkness set in.
"Alan. Peter. Listen."
Ever so faintly could be heard a low humming sound.
"Do you hear that?"
The astronauts' hearing was not as attuned as their simian companion, but they could hear something.
"Pete, that sound. It can only be one thing. That's some type of machine engine. There's a power source down there."
As Burke and Virdon discussed what they should do next, and how, Galen was looking upward in awe.
"Alan", he bagan," Alan, whats that?"
"What?"
"There, in the sky."
He pointed up as his two astronaut companions followed his finger skyward.
"My God, Pete. It IS a rescue ship."
"Easy partner. I don't remember having any ships like that when we left."
"But", Virdon was quick to point out,"we've been gone awhile."
"Just the same, lets lay low until it lands, ok?"
Reluctantly, Alan agreed.
The ship grew closer and closer and finally landed about a half mile from their position. It just sat there for what seemed like an eternity to Virdon. Before long it was daybreak.
"Maybe its unmanned. A probe of some sort."
"Oh, I don't think so", Galen began, "apes can't build such machines."
"He means unoccupied Galen"
"Then how did it get here?"
"Remote control, maybe. Who knows what year it was launched. Or what their technology was at the time?"
"Alan, can you make out what it says near the front?"
"Not really. What I wouldn't give for a decent pair of binoculars."
"It says Galilleo 7", Galen stated matter of factly, "Does that mean anything?"
Alan explained, "Galen, on our Earth we always named our ships and crafts."
The trio crept slowly closer to a better vantage point.
The chimp made a nonchalant sound and was quickly interrupted...
"Its opening!"
The doors of the Galilleo 7 slid open and from within came a human male. He had light brown hair and was wearing a gold shirt with black pants and boots.
"He's human Pete, let's go!"
"Wait Alan. Do you recognize that uniform?"
Before he could answer a second crewmember exited the craft. This one taller with black hair. He was dressed similarly but wore a blue shirt. And his ears. None of the three fugitives had ever seen ears like his.
From the ship came four more crewmembers. One more wearing a blue shirt and three wearing red. Two of the six carried some type of handheld machine, and the all were armed with some type of handgun.
They decided to stay put just a bit longer.

"Anything yet Mr. Spock?"
"There is something interfering with my scans Captain", he looked up from his tricorder, "but I am reading three lifeforms in that direction." He pointed in the direction where Virdon, Burke and Galen were watching from. "Two human".
"And the third, Spock?"
The first officer again raised his eyebrow, then looked at his Captain.
"And one simian."
"What??", Dr. Leonard McCoy exclaimed, " Are you saying we came down here to look for an energy source on a planet of apes?"
"I am simply stating, Doctor McCoy, that of the three life signs, one is simian."
McCoy was ready to rebutt but Kirk started first.
"Ok, gentlemen, save the debate for later." He pulled his communicator from his belt. "Kirk to Enterprise."
Nothing.
"Kirk to Enterprise. Scotty, come in."
Silence.
"Set phasers on stun. The area's too open to sneak around behind them, but let's see if they're friend or foe"

Pete and Alan watched as the men approached. Galen was unsure what to do. The first two men to have exited the craft had gone back inside and the other four were coming closer by the second.
"How did they know we were here?" inquired Galen.
"What now?" Burke added.
"We back our way out of here slowly and wait for nightfall again."
As the three began a quiet retreat, one of the red shirted men crested the small hill and ordered them to halt as he raised his weapon.
As they rose to run in the opposite direction a bright beam of light appeared and when it vanished, the first two men were standing in its place.
"Steady if you will Mr. Hodgkins. Let's see what they have to say."

The door burst open as General Urko strode in.
"Did you see it Zaius? The hole that opened in the sky?"
"Yes, Urko, I saw it. And the object the came from it too."
"It could be more ass-tro-nauts! We must investigate immediately. Virdon, he would want to investigate. The fugitives would head there too"
"Head where, Urko? Whatever it was, it was far beyond even the borders of the Forbidden Zone."
"My garrisons are ready to ride. We must not let the human infection grow!"
"Urko!" Zaius said firmly, "I will not sanction what amounts to an invasion force going into the Forbidden Zone just to satisfy your militaristic whims!"

The three friends on the run sized up their situation but all stood silent. Finally, the man in gold spoke.
"I am Captain James T. Kirk. This is my first officer, Mr. Spock. We represent the United Federation of Planets. Our ship was hit by several waves of energy and our power drained. We picked up an energy reading which seemed to originate from this planet. Unfortunately, we don't have a clue what planet this is."
"It's Earth."
Kirk looked surprised, Spock simply intrigued. Kirk suggested that they all travel back to the shuttle where they could discuss their circumstances in a bit more comfortable surroundings. Once inside the Galilleo 7, Virdon told them of their mission, hitting what they referred to as a Hasslein Curve and crashing here. How Jonesy had died on impact, Farrow had saved them and how Urko wanted them dead. Burke chimed in with how Galen had stepped in despite his own risk and saved them yet again.
"A fascinating tale," Spock began, " however, Earth history bears no indication of any such mission nor any lost craft."
"And just how," Burke rebutted, "do YOU seem to know so much Earth History?" he ended sarcastically.
Kirk spoke up, "Because...the Federation headquarters is based on Earth."
Burke and Virdon both let their jaws drop. Galen looked on quizically.
"Our chronometer read 3085 when we crashed," Virdon said,"maybe all this happened after your Federation."
"But Alan," now it was Galen's turn to speak,"the Sacred Scrolls were written over 1300 years ago."
"Perhaps," Spock began again,"we have travelled to some parallel or alternate Earth. We do know that the Empire was founded in such a place. Logic states that there could indeed be more."
McCoy entered the conversation,"Pardon me for being blunt, but it won't really matter where or when we are if we waste all our time debating it instead of finding that energy source."
"Indeed."
"Energy source?" Galen asked.
"We found what appeared to be a door in the side of a dune a mile or so from here."
Together they headed out towards the out of place door. As they walked the astronauts discussed their new "friends".
"Say what you want, Alan, I know we've been gone awhile but that Mr. Spock is no human. And his being from Vulcan? Never heard of it. So either things really got whacked since we launched or we just made first contact with a real, live alien."
Spock walked up from alongside Kirk and McCoy.
"I assure you Commander Burke, that, while I am a "real, live alien" neither i nor any of my party mean you any harm."
"I'm sorry Mr. Spock, it just that...."
"There is no need to apologize. I am a Vulcan. I have no feelings to be hurt by words."
They walked the rest of the way in mostly silence until finally arriving at the door. It was large and metallic. Age and elements had turned its once gun metal grey color to a mix of burnt orange and rust. Nevertheless, they could not pry it open. Mr. Spock used his tricorder to locate a hidden control panel. It required a nine digit entry code. That would take a little more time.
Galen jumped up," Pete, Alan. Horses!"
Burke looked at the Federation representatives.
"Only apes have horses," he stated.
Virdon and galen scurried for a vantage point. Yes, horses were indeed coming, and in the lead was the unmistakeable white steed of General Urko.
"Ummm.."began Burke, "I would really hurry if I were you."
Kirk inquired," How close to opening it are you Spock."
"Almost there, Captain."
The first shot landed in the dirt above the door's frame. More shots rang out from the gorilla soldier's rifles. Hodgkins stood to fire but fell back into the dirt.
"Finished" Spock exclaimed as the door slid open.
More rifle fire slammed all around them. They rushed inside. Just before the door closed Kirk blasted the control panel.

Once inside, the new companions spot a terminal of sorts in one of the "offices". After some tinkering, Mr. Spock stands back as the transmission begins:

The screen shows a disheveled little man in a distressed suit.
"My name is Carl Kolchak. I'm a reporter for the Independent News Service. We've decided to document our actions on this video for whoever may stumble upon this place in the future. At first they instilled fear in many that saw them. Huge, saucerlike ships breaking thru the clouds. They hovered there for what seemed an eternity before a transmission proclaiming peace was received. It all seemed like a dream come true as these.. these "Visitors" as they came to be known, gave us cure after cure for everything that ever ailed us. Everything, that is, except ignorance. The world's governments soon all but turned themselves over to the Visitors in thanks for the many goods that seemed to come from them."
Kolchak straightened in his chair and pointed off camera.
"We've left some documentation here for you to go over. From it you'll see that the Visitors were not so benevolent. Oh sure, they were curing us of every known disease. And all they asked for in return was to share our water as their planets supply was drastically low. But then they started herding us into encampments. It was discovered that they were actually reptilian and the real reason they were here was for food, not water. Unfortunately, their food was US!"
"A Resistance formed with sects throughout the world. They developed a "red dust" that seemed to defeat them, but its effects didn't last. They would fight the good fight but eventually be no match for the Visitors. I was lucky, or unlucky, enough to stumble upon a plan right here to possibly escape this alien menace. They thought that Area 51 was the last place those alien bastards would look and so far they've been right."
"Some of the top remaining scientific minds have merged their work together with our own military and set up work here. The research of two major projects being developed before the invasion have been combined. The "Stargate Project" and "Project Time Tunnel" hope to send a team to the Visitor homeworld in a preemptive strike of sorts. Here to explain more are the people in charge of these two projects: Mjr. Samantha Carter, Dr. Daniel Jackson, Dr. Tony Newman and Dr. Doug Phillips."
Dr. Newman spoke first.
"The Time Tunnel Project can, in theory, send the team back in time while, as Dr. Jackson will explain shortly, the Stargate will send them to the Visitor planet."
Dr. Jackson continued, "The Stargate can "dial" into any coordinatesin space where another gate exists. Now that we have recently discovered that a gate may well exist on their homeworld, this plans conceivable success has risen tremendously."
"It was decided to go in with a small team, SG1, Dr. Newman, Dr. Phillips and me to start and, when all is set to continue the main force will be sent."
Suddenly claxons began soundingand another man appeared in the background.
"Carter! Get them to the lab pronto! We've been discovered! We have to go now!"
With that the man left view followed by Carter, the Dr's and Kolchak. The alarma were still sounding when suddenly the screen glowed bright and then the transmission ended.

Mr. Spock's eyebrow raised,"Captain, that would appear to have been a nuclear explosion."
"Alan, that's what happened," Pete half stated, half asked, "that's how the apes rose to power?"
"You were attacked," McCoy stated, "lucky there's any life left on the planet at all"
The shuttlecraft crew looked at each other, bewildered.
Kirk said,"How could this be possible? Starfleet HQ is on Earth and we were there just weeks ago."
"Perhaps," Spock suggested, "the SG1 teams actions inadvertantly affected the space time continuum."
Virdon offered," We left Earth in 1980. We hit what we thought was a Hasslein Curve and crashlanded here. We've been searching ever since for a way to get back home. If we can find that equipment...."
Pete interrupted," All the while being chased by Urko and trying to avoid the ape's capture."
Kirk looked at Galen,' But..." he started.
Burke answered," Galen's different. He's a friend. The apes in charge want us dead because we're not like the other humans here."
Galen concluded," They'll want you dead too."
Virdon asked," Can your ship out there get us home?"
Kirk's expression answered before his words," That's our shuttlecraft. Our ship is up there." He pointed skyward. "Dead in space. Basic life support and a few auxiliary functions. When our sensors detected life we had hoped that our problems solution was on this planet's surface."
Galen inquired," What about the notes the man in the monitor mentioned? Maybe something there could help/ Or one of the other rooms in this facility?"
"This is a big facility, Galen," Burke answered.
"And we appear to have nothing but time," the chimp rebutted.

The underground facility was huge. They had been searching for hours to no avail. The tricorders of the Enterprise crew had not proven helpful in fiding a lab or pinpointing an energy source. In a room full of data tapes and discs , Mr. Spock set to the task of gathering as much useful information as they could provide.
Kirk, McCoy, Burke & Virdon took this time to compare notes. Galen sat worriedly off to one side.
"How long have you been here?" McCoy asked.
"It's got to be close to eight years, our time," Virdon responded, "we've travelled from village to villagehelping out where we could in most places, just barely escaping from others."
Burke added, " we've probably been up and down most of whats left of the west coast of the good ol' U.S. of A. But Alan still thinks that the answer to getting home lies out here in the Forbidden Zone."
"Why is it called the Forbidden Zone", Kirk asked.
Galen interjected, "Because it was said to be frought with peril and disease. Apes are taught at an early age to stay far away from it and never cross its borders."
McCoy pushed, " But here you are."
Galen smirked, " I am here with my friends."
"Captain," Spock broke in, " I believe I have found something. This terminal appears to have a complet diagnostic of how the Time Tunnel and the Stargate were to have worked in unison. If soeone was to continue reviewing the rest of the data, I could analyze these plans should we prove fortunate enough to find the labratory's location."
"Good work Spock. Bones and the rest of us will go thru the discs."

Urko and his gorillas continued thier attempts to open the massive doors. Certainly Zaius would be angry that he had not followed the orangutan's orders and had entered the Forbidden Zone in search of the fugitives. But Urko thought he would have the last laugh when he came back with their lifeless bodies strewn across horsebacks.
Unfortunately for those inside the gorillas were much stronger than humans and were already getting the door to budge. Even Urko realized that they didn't need to open it all the way, just far enough to prop it open so they could pass thru. And it was not long before they did just that. Once inside they trampled over all types of machines they could never understand the reason for while searching for the humans and renegade chimp.
As fate would have it the gorillas entered one end of the corridor at the same time the fugitives and their new friends entered the other. The gorillas opened fire killing two of the security team and injuring the third. Pete and Kirk grabbed him and dragged him back into a secondary room that Spock was able to open. Once inside they secured the door as best they could, knowing it would not hold the gorillas for long.

"He's dead, Jim," McCoy stated, "there wasn't anything I could do. I couldn't stop all the internal bleeding."
"Let's get out of here." Burke said, expressing the urgency they were all feeling.
Mr. Spock was working on getting a door in the rear of the room open when it suddenly "whooshed"capable, awe, would have best expressed the look on his face.
"Captain, I believe I have found the the power source and the cause for the power drain on our vessel."
Kirk and McCoy realized what this meant. The fugitives looked on, somewhat puzzled.
"Bones, grab as many of those crude crystals as you can carry. Spock, disable that device before it drains everything from my ship."
The gorillas were prying the doors open to the first room.
"Get inside!" Kirk yelled to Burke, Virdon and Galen, then secured the second room's doors as best as could be.
"You have weapons, why don't you kill them so we can get out of here?" Pete exclaimed.
Kirk quickly explained the Federation's Prime Directive to them.
Virdon was the first to catch on.
"Waitaminute," he started, "are you saying you can't take us with you?"
Before he could be answered everything started to unfurl at once.
Kirk's communicator chirped to life.
"Enterprise to Captain Kirk."
It was Scotty!!
"Kirk here"
"Aye, Captain, we were getting a wee bit worried up here. All power is restored....."
The gorillas were prying open the door to this room now, rifles at the ready.
"Energize!!!" Kirk yelled.
In milliseconds, the captain and his shipmates were gone.
Galen, Virdon and Burke found themselves surrounded by Urko's gorillas.
"Should we kill them, Urko?"
The gorilla constable thought "YES" for a second, then said "No, we will bring them back to Central City and let everyone see what happens to traitors and fugitives."
The three were bound and their binds checked and rechecked. They walked as best they could to keep up and were dragged when they couldn't.
Burke looked over at Virdon," it's gonna be a long trip."

Back on the enterprise Scotty welcomed the Captain and his comrades back, then got straight to work on getting the crystals ready. Spock had already calculated that using a warpspeed slingshot around the planet and back towards the the direction they arrived from should put them back where they belong, in their own space.
"Jim, what about Pete, Alen and Galen? You can't leave them down there with those maniacal gorillas!"
"Burke and Virdon are astronauts. They'll understand."
"Dammit, Jim...."
"They'll understand! "

Down below the three fugitives had arrived in Central City. They had been questioned and beaten regarding the strange ship that came from the sky and the bright lights that made people disappear. Neither Dr. Zaius or Urko had been pleased with their answers.
They were led to a simian made gallows. they had been sentenced to death when they first arrived on this planet of apes. Now, that sentence would finally be carried out. They would hang until dead and be left hanging for all to see the fate of those that opposed Urko's justice.
They stood proud, these three friends. The difference between them no longer recognizable. The rope was placed around each one's neck and tightened. Dr. Zaius himself would pull the lever. Alan looked at Pete, then over at Galen a tear forming in the corner of his eye.
Zaius pulled the lever and they felt themselves drop.
Everything went white. Was this the light that you hear spoken of that people see as they crossover?
The trio hit the ground and realized they weren't dead. They looked around and realized they weren't even in Central City anymore. Pete looked at Viirdon and laughed, pointing to a spot behind Alan and Galen. There on the ground was the folders containing the Time Tunnel and Stargate projects.

At the gallows, Zaius stood agape in disbelief as Urko was smashing everything he could reach.

Back