Your ideal one figure/outfit representation for each major character in the MCU?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I also like the overall crimson color of the cape on AoU Thor. However, I also like the dark dirty effect at the bottom edge of TDW LA cape, as I feel it gives it a bit more detail and character.

That?s definitely a fair point. The weathering gives it a realistic look. If only we could have the best of both worlds.

I had a whole bunch of stuff typed out and then I realized I wasn't even sure if I agreed with what I just typed so I just deleted it all.

I feel pretty confident that if this question had come up after phase 4 I would have more certainty especially about characters like Scarlet Witch.

Yeah I don’t blame you. I’m actually thinking about going back and changing Black Widow from CW to TWS. I still think CW is the best likeness, but I really like her TWS outfit and overall look, probably the best actually, and don’t think TWS version is a bad figure, it’s just not the best one. I’d even say it’s arguably the second best Widow figure.

The one that looks to have the best (most realistic) body shape for Black Widow as well as the best likeness is the new EG one yet to come, isn't it?

I don't care so much for the outfit (unnecessarily busy) or the hair in ponytail but the portrait and the body shape look very good.

The one that looks to have the best (most realistic) body shape for Black Widow as well as the best likeness is the new EG one yet to come, isn't it?

I don't care so much for the outfit (unnecessarily busy) or the hair in ponytail but the portrait and the body shape look very good.

Yes she seems curvier but not thicker (like the pretty outrageous im2 version). I have a civil war knock off head I'm interested in puttting on the endgame figure.

I'm fairly certain there will be at least 2 more black widow figures from the solo movie.

I agree, the curves is what is really lacking on ALL HT Widows, except the first one.
That`s why my favorite Widow figure is yet to come (no, EG is too skinny as well).

If I have to choose out of what we have by now...

Iron Man: "Mark IV Diecast" for the suit and "Arc Reactor" for Tony Stark (though the best sculpt belongs to Mk 46-47-50)
Cap: AoU (though the best shape and form of the body belongs to Concept Cap)
Thor: TDW full armor
Hulk: 1st Avengers
Black Widow: 1st Avengers (for the likeness of the sculpt and facial expression and the really thin suit fabric, that gives some illusion of curves)
Hawkeye: 1st Avengers (the bare biseps look is just so cool)

Bucky Barnes: TWS
Scarlet Witch: CW
Falcon: CW (but I have TWS, because all the camo colors are way cooler to me)
Antman: 1st Antman
Loki: 1st Avengers (love that killer smirk and all his accessories... a gorgeous set)
Tanos: IW (he wasn`t wearing shiny armor, when he topped the bill)
Spidey: 1st movie classic suit
Fury: TWS
Black Panther: CW
Doctor Strange: 1st movie
War Machine: CW

BUT... I have multiples of Tony, Cap, Nat, Loki and Thor, that you won`t pry from my cold, dead fingers. Because, many figures have that one, or few dear qualities, that make them special, loved and NECESSARY. Like, facial expressions on Mk1 2.0 and Mech Test are so vibrant and striking, the amazing representations of the character in the movie, and I love them better, when the neutral look, that most HT figures have now. Or Cap WWII Resque figure has such unique and badass look. Or IW Thor is not a classic look, but drop dead gorgeous figure all in all. Or the 1st Thor`s helmet... an absolute must have.

I?m surprised this hasn?t been discussed before, or maybe it has. Either way I?ve also thought about this a lot. I sometimes think of slimming my collection down to one figure per character, but I can never bring myself to do it. Anyway, here?s my list:

Iron Man - Mark VII
Captain America - Civil War
Thor - TDW LA
Hulk - Avengers
Hawkeye - AoU
Black Widow - CW
Scarlet Witch - New Avengers
Bucky - TWS
Star Lord - GotG2
Thanos - Endgame
Loki - TDW
Spider-Man - Homecoming Promo

I agree about the AoU cape, love the crimson of it. I also like the muted colors of the AoU suit, maybe I?ll need to swap my head over. I agree with others that TDW sculpt has the best likeness to Hemsworth, despite the open mouth expression.

aeccadd1089bfd7eb1e78b1ad0a76448.jpg

Oh my goodness! Where did you get that head? Or did you make it?

Love the idea for this thread! For some of these characters, I have no interest in owning a figure of them, so I just put down what I'd consider my ideal version. The ones in bold are the ones I either own or would pick up (if space/money/existence were no object).

Core Avengers
Iron Man: IM1 (Mark III)
Captain America: TFA (hero outfit)
Black Widow: AoU outfit with A1 head sculpt and CW bracers; otherwise A1 for a full release
Hulk: A1
Thor: IW
Hawkeye: CW

Guardians
Star-Lord: GotG1 (short jacket)
Gamora: GotG2
Rocket: GotG1 (Ravagers outfit)
Groot: GotG1
Drax: GotG1
Nebula: GotG1

Villains
Thanos: EG
Loki: Thor 1
Winter Soldier/Bucky: TWS
Killmonger: BP (blue tactical suit)
Ultron: AoU (Mark I)

Other
Scarlet Witch: AoU (New Avengers version)
Falcon: CW
War Machine: IM2
Spider-Man: ASM2 (but HC, if it needs to be MCU)
Dr. Strange: DS
Ant-Man: AM
Wasp: AM/AMatW (Janet version)
Black Panther: BP
Nick Fury: TWS
Peggy Carter: TFA (WWII)
Captain Marvel: CM (Kree) with EG sculpt

Iron Man: Mark III
Cap: Stealth
Thor: EG
Hulk: Ragnarok ending
Hawkeye: A1
BW: TWS or white suit
Ant Man: AM1
Spider-Man: Upgraded suit
BP: BP suit
SW: we’ll see what the show brings
Falcon: show suit
Bucky: TWS
Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot: vol 1
Rocket: EG
Loki: A1
WM: Mark 1
NF: A1
CM: EG

That's quite a fun thing to think about!

Mine:
IronMan: Mk46, Concept Art or Mk85 BD
Cap: Endgame or CW
Thor: Endgame ( I love God-mode look tho)
Hulk: Time-Travel Battle of New York
BW: AoU or CW. Infinity War is quite lovely too.
Hawkeye: Love the A1 look, but will sell it to get Ronin.

Ant-Man: Ant-man 2
Spider-man: Homecoming Stark suit. Gotta love classic red and blue.
BP: BP solo movie.
Bucky: Infinity War
Falcon: CW.
SW: Endgame
Starlord: GOTG 2
Rocket: Endgame
(I don't really care about the rest of the Guardians, so I'll just say GOTG1)
Loki: Ragnarok
WM: Infinity War
Iron Patriot: Endgame
Nick Fury: TWS
Captain Marvel: CM solo movie

IM: Mark III
Cap: AOU
Thor: Light Armor
Hulk: A1
WM: DC Mark I
Thanos: End Game non battle damage
AntMan: AM1