Winson Classic Creation x Hot Toys: Apexplorers-Ice & Laser (Special) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Winson Classic Creation x Hot Toys: Apexplorers - Ice & Laser Action Figure (Special Version)

~ OEM Series ~

Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Ice & Laser Winson Classic Action Figure (Special Version) from the Apexplorers 2106 series created and designed by Winson Classic Creation, which is limited to 400 pieces only. This figure is fully poseable, highlighting the unique style of Ice, detailed weapons, and the real-like husky sculpture Laser as accessory. The figure also comes with a Limited Edition Certificate.

The 1/6th scale Apexplorers - Ice & Laser Action Figure (Special Version) specially features:

- Approximately 28 cm tall

- TrueType body with over 28 points of articulations

- Yarn-knitted hair

- Tattoo on forehead and two (2) sides of face

- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms including:

- One (1) pair of gloved palms (left one for holding knife, spear or shield; right one for holding handgun)

- One (1) pair of palms (left relaxed palm and right one for holding handgun)

Costume:

- One (1) white-colored coat with white-colored feather-like materials and grey straps as pattern

- One (1) piece of long-sleeved white-colored fleece jacket

- One (1) piece of blue-colored scarf

- One (1) pair of white-colored feather-like pants

- One (1) pair of white-colored hiking boots

- One (1) pair of white-colored detachable leg warmers with grey-colored straps

Weapons:

- One (1) handgun

- One (1) knife

- One (1) spear with a string of beads as accessory

- One (1) shield

Accessories:

- One (1) real-like husky sculpture called Laser with detailed grey- and white-colored painting

- One (1) piece of grey-colored jacket for husky together with pouch with carabiners included

- One (1) neck strap linked to the vest with GPS in the middle, leather-like knife and handgun sheaths on both sides of neck

- Figure stand

- One (1) Limited Edition Certificate

Product Code: OM110222

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

Release date: June, 2011

© 2011 All Rights Reserved by Winson Classic Creation Limited.
Product created and designed by Winson Classic Creation Limited.
Manufactured by Hot Toys Limited.

More about Ice & Laser:

Ice (Human)

Trait: Rude but brave, warm-hearted

Status: Foster daughter of Otto, will be the one who saves the earth.

Background:

A special girl who was born in the Himalayas and adopted by Otto. She went to

America with Otto and found out that she has mysterious strength. However, she has nightmares

frequently.

Laser (Husky)

Trait: Brave and Loyal

Background:

Laser is a pure-blooded Husky. Since Ice was borne, Laser took very good care of her, and considered it as its destiny. It decided to ward over Ice unconditionally. It has a special strength when facing difficulties, especially if Ice is in danger.

Laser has a red crystal hanging on its neck, which was the belonging of Ice’s mother.

About the Apexplorers 2106 series:

Humans have unlimited wants, with respect to limited resources. 

In 1957, the US was not satisfied with her achievements in the earth, thus start to compete with the Soviet Union for the outer space.

Dr. King, the famous scholar in the NASA sent Chimpanzee Adam to the spaceship. Adam was manipulated with high technology. He had an electronic chip in his body. Adam lost in the space so he turned on the ‘Next Human Generation’ programme to integrate its genes with human’s DNA and evolved into Apeman. The Apeman multiplied quickly and soon the Apempire was established.

Years after, Adam met V-Black, an injured bear that was sent to the space by the Soviet Union for the space experiment. Adam operated ‘Next Human Generation’ programme on him and made his generation the workers in the Apempire. V-Black aimed to usurp Adam’s throne. He also wanted to revenge on human.

As the 21st century came, tons of natural disasters happened. The governments planned to migrate to the Mars. One third of the people insisted to stay on the earth.

Adam, with the help of Eve (his wife), Wome (the astronomer), Cool (the Martial drillmaster) and Jungle, Dr X, T-rex, Coco (the Apexplorers), found the way to rebuild the eco-system of the earth.

Adam appointed the Apexplorers find the girl with the supernatural power to open the Five Doors, which are the keys to the ecology. In the earth, they started the adventures with Ice, Rona, Channel, etc.

Can they succeed in saving the world and the surviving human?

It is unknown as they are still working hard on it…

Winson Classic Creation website: www.winsoncreation.com

ICESpecialVersion1.jpg

ICESpecialVersion2.jpg

ICESpecialVersion3.jpg

ICESpecialVersion4.jpg

ICESpecialVersion5.jpg

ICESpecialVersion6.jpg

ICESpecialVersion7.jpg

ICESpecialVersion8.jpg

ICESpecialVersion9.jpg

ICESpecialVersion10.jpg

Re: Winson Classic Creation x Hot Toys: Apexplorers-Ice & Laser (Special) spec + pics

ICESpecialVersion11.jpg

ICESpecialVersion12.jpg

ICESpecialVersion13.jpg

ICESpecialVersion14.jpg

ICESpecialVersion15.jpg

ICESpecialVersion16.jpg

ICESpecialVersion17.jpg

ICESpecialVersion18.jpg

ICESpecialVersion19.jpg

ICESpecialVersion20.jpg

Re: Winson Classic Creation x Hot Toys: Apexplorers-Ice & Laser (Special) spec + pics

ICESpecialVersion21.jpg

Definitely prefer the regular version...

So these are insanely expensive correct?

I would love to get that Husky to be repainted with my MacReady Thing figure.

Not really... they are usually in the upper end on HT's prices. The last figure of Space Adam Ape was $200.

Now if you want the limited version (this one) then yeah, the price is more like $350ish.

These figures are really cool.

i've always admired these figures from afar but i have to say i delved in a little deeper & the story line and it's pretty damn cool. is there a check list as to what has been made & what is going to be made? v-black seems like it would be awesome. space bear....:panic:

Sure there is a checklist somewhere, but here's what I'm aware of:

Released
Hot Toys 1/6
Jungle- Regular Orange Suit
Jungle- Special White Suit
T-Rex- Regular Orange Suit
T-Rex- Special White Suit
Adam Ape Tough Jeans- Regular Orange coat
Adam Ape Tough Jeans- Special Black coat
Space Adam Ape- Reg Red Suit
Space Adam Ape- Special White Suit

Announced Hot Toys 1/6
Ice and Laser- Regular Tan suit
Ice and Laser- Special White Suit

There have also been a number of oddball vinyl and cosbaby type toys.

As far as I can tell a bunch of the figures were made a few years back. If you go to the Winson Ma website there is a listing of all of the characters and if a figure's been made there are some images.

All of the images are these prototype figures (and what the page you found are the same protos) which do vary from the final product: https://www.winsoncreation.com/

At times handmade figures have been sold and even some of the prototypes. At first I thought that the Space Adam ape wasn't ever going to be released, but was thrilled when it finally happened.

I don't know the story on the Knight looking figure, I've seen it a few times... but it appears to be a one-off creation w/o any given backstory. But I'd love to own it :rock

i went back into your apexplorer thread & read the whole thing & saw some of the posts after i had stopped going in there. i think i would like to pick up a few if i can find at a reasonable price. but that proto sketch of v-black just looks awesome as hell.............:rock

Yeah... V-Black could be one hell of a figure.

I would not be surprised if he happened, but there is also the Series II which may have different versions of some of these characters. And I think the only images so far are of V-Black.

Hands down my favorite of the series so far has been Space Adam Ape... its just an awesome figure :rock

Yeah... V-Black could be one hell of a figure.

I would not be surprised if he happened, but there is also the Series II which may have different versions of some of these characters. And I think the only images so far are of V-Black.

Hands down my favorite of the series so far has been Space Adam Ape... its just an awesome figure :rock

yea that is my favorite from the line as well.........although i would lean towards the white version the red is cool as hell too. i also like the jungle series.........:yess:

although i think my best bet (on the wallet) would be to settle for the reg versions instead of the ice.................:horror

I respect your comments guys but...I really don't like these figures...sorry...but I prefer a better way to use the plastic/paint...like those wonderful T-800, Michael Jackson figures...accesories are cool but the figure and concept...well, I don't dig it...sorry!

I respect your comments guys but...I really don't like these figures...sorry...but I prefer a better way to use the plastic/paint...like those wonderful T-800, Michael Jackson figures...accesories are cool but the figure and concept...well, I don't dig it...sorry!

Gee thanks for the unasked for commentary :cuckoo:

Variety is the spice of life, to me its all good.

As a friend recently said to me 'you don't think about glasses being half full or half empty, you just want a bigger glass!'.

These look fantastic, I'm loving the style. But I'm concerned that if I bite on one I'll be tempted on others in the line - it still takes effort to try to ignore how cool the Space Adam figs are.

These look fantastic, I'm loving the style. But I'm concerned that if I bite on one I'll be tempted on others in the line - it still takes effort to try to ignore how cool the Space Adam figs are.

Take a bite... then eat until you are full or your wallet is empty :lol

Back