Waitlists

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

FrodoEyes

Here's something I'd really like to ask Sideshow, and it's one that I think many of us would like the answer to!

Are the waitlists actually worth anything??

I mean, it's happened a few times to me and to some others, where we've put our name down on a waitlist only to find later on that you're offering them to customers on a first come first serve basis!! Why aren't people on the wait list getting first dibs?

well ive been on the wait-list on some items for 12-18 months so i would be very angry if the wait-lists are there for nothing.

Re

Eh?? I'm saying I've put my name down for the wait list on a few items and then some of these items were put up for general sale before my waiting list had been filled, ie I wasn't offered them before they were put back up and before you know it they've sold out again. And it's happened to a few other people too. Where's my answer in that?

Re: Re

Bodies just saying you answered your own question, Frodo. If what you say is correct, then it is a wasted effort.

I believe FrodoEyes has a legitimate question. Is there a glitch to the Sideshow internal mechanism that the wait lists aren't being factored into?

I think this question should be answered by a Sideshow rep (I guess that's why it's in the "Ask Sideshow" section) and not other Sideshow collectors offering their "insight".

I must have read your question wrong..

The wait list has worked for me in the past on the Witch King.. Only list Ive ever signed up for..

Re

Lol that's ok Bodie, the thing is it's both worked and not worked for me.

It worked because I got a Saruman off the wait list, and got offered a Berserker but I had already got one from ebay.

But I also put my name down for a Treebeard bust, didnt get a wait list e-mail then SS said they had fulfilled all people on the wait list and were offering it to anybody, and I would have missed out on it if it hadn't been for someone at LOTRGuide who knew Jennifer.

And it's now happened again, if the talk about these items these past couple of days is true, and Orc Warrior etc etc were put up for general sale. :dunno

I know a lot of people got ticked off over the Treebeard thing. Not sure what happened there, but it definitely wasn't right for them to be offered for resale while there were still some people waiting on the waitlist.

Those invitation only items everyone has been talking about are supposed to be for waitlist people only. Each of the pages specifies that the offer is for waitlist people only and by invitation only. The last 2 waitlist offers I have had were done in this manner. The difference here is that some people stumbled on the pages and perhaps some people have placed orders for the items who were not on the waitlist. Again, this isn't right either imho. But hopefully, SS has some kind of checks and balance system in place where they will only honor orders from those who are actually on the waitlist for that item.

Protozauis, lol , good point, so why have you then offered us your insights, rofl. Hilarious. :rollin

I was just being honest, Creecher. I didn't think your response was particularly useful. Sorry you took it personally. I, too have my name on a few want lists. I would like to know if there is glitch in the system. Perhaps I was wrong for looking for more thoughtful responses.

I see that there have been some thoughtful ones since my last post. That's good to see. :wave

Seems to be a lot of misunderstanding, Protozaius, I didn't take it personally or mean it personally, just commenting and thought it was funny.

Okay, so maybe I have no life, but many questions here, go unanswered, and you are right, absolutely, my response was indeed useless. I am not upset , and hope you arent either.
:grouphug

Thanks Bailey - that does clarify things!

Some people on wait lists never got the emails when the links were posted. Is there some order to how waitees are notified?

That great, thanks for the inof and the fast response to this matter. In Rob speak :bow You Rock

Re

Thanks for replying! But as DS says I didn't get an email for, for example, the Treebeard bust or any of the items up now that we're all talking about, and I know I was on the wait list for every single one of them. Is this a glitch? Because I'd hate to think that a sold out item was available for purchase again and they're sold out before I even know about it because I didn't get an e-mail!

Also, is this the new way of doing wait lists, just put the offer up to everyone on a waitlist or do you offer them first to the first person on a wait list?

Hope this all makes sense!

Re

Also, why did the wait list policy change anyway? I thought it was the fairer way to offer items to people on the wait list by e-mailing them in order of signing up for one and giving them 3 days to decide if they want it or not.

wait lists

Hi All,

Someone suggested inanother thread to make the wait lists visible so you can check to see what lists you are on and and we will look into this to see if it is possible. Until that time, I would like to suggest that you use the same e-mail to register with our wait lists that you use with your online account. This will help to further identify you in our system.

Also, some people have complained that they were not contacted for any of our recent wait list items. This could be because of one of the following:

1) The e-mail address that you registered with is no longer active or is used as your "spam" avoiding account.

2) Your initial registration to the wait list did not go through to us. If we received your request to sign up then you will receive an automatic reply from our web site. If you make a request via phone to have our reps sign you up, then you should still receive an e-mail of confirmation to that address. If you do not receive any confirmation response then we did not receive your request.

3) Only a few items are available to a wait list. In this case we do not contact that entire wait list. It is a good idea to subscribe to our weekly newsletter for wait lists updates. The sign up link is below:
gt.sideshowtoy.com/exec/g...t=02093204

In our newsletter, we will tell you which item wait lists we are currently being contacted with available products as well as what products we are actively taking lists for.

4) Check your SPAM filters and make sure you can accept mail from our domains! You or your ISP provider may have recently installed SPAM blocking software that is hindering the receipt of our communications. Please make sure that you can accept emails from sideshowtoy.com, gt.sideshowtoy.com, & sideshowcollectibles.com. Simply add us to your address book or local spam filters!

Best,
Chicky

Back