Statue The Strain - The Master Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Click the link! Buy now!
The Strain - The Master Statue - up for pre-order!

the-strain-the-master-statue-insight-edition-feature-902587.jpg

Sideshow Collectibles and Insight Collectibles are proud to present The Master collectible statue, a perfect 1:5 scale replica of the ancient vampire overlord from FX’s The Strain in his formidable Jusef Sardu incarnation.

the-strain-the-master-statue-insight-edition-902587-01.jpg

Overseen by creator Guillermo del Toro, this highly detailed Jusef Sardu figure captures every chilling detail, from his distinctive multilayered cloak to his gnarled hands and grotesque facial features. The artists at Insight Collectibles have utilized references from Guillermo’s personal files as well as the 3D sculpture used to bring The Master to life on television. The figure includes two interchangeable heads, one showing The Master in attack mode with his stinger fully extended and the other showing him in a regular pose.

the-strain-the-master-statue-insight-edition-902587-03.jpg

the-strain-the-master-statue-insight-edition-902587-06.jpg

Artists:

Nathan Eakins (Paint)
Insight Collectibles Art Team (Design, Development, Sculpt)
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?

The Master (Jusef Sardu Incarnation) Statue features:

Authentic and detailed The Master (Jusef Sardu Incarnation) Statue
Two (2) interchangeable heads:
- One (1) in attack mode
- One (1) in regular pose
Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance.

Nice! I don't watch the series, but that's a great design.
Interesting that they decided on 1/5 scale for this.

Guillermo del Toro and Carlton Cuse FX TV series. Sadly, to me the appearance of the Master was kind of comical and the series isn't delivering enjoyment.

Agreed on all counts. The Master looks so goofy in the show, I can't take him seriously at all.

Agreed on all counts. The Master looks so goofy in the show, I can't take him seriously at all.

I love the series. In the second season they show the reason why the Master looks like that (the original owner of the body) and then the Master does move on to a new host body as well.

I read the books when they first came out, so I guess I'm a Strain hipster. I was surprised the Master looks so goofy on the show... Bad design choice. He was a bad ass in the books.

I like the design of the Master on the TV show. I can understand why some people see the look of the character as goofy but there is a reason. Take the features of advanced stage strigoi such as the Ancients (lack of nose, widened mouths, longer fingers and nails/talons, etc) and put them on Robert Maillet, who portrays the Master while possessing Jusef Sardu, and you end up with how the Master looks on the show.

I hope this statue paves the way for other The Strain products. I would love to see other characters in 1:6 figure form. Vasiley, Gus, Eichhorst, Vaun, and Quinlan would be instant pre orders for me.

I would love so much if they released Quinlan, or Vaun. It would be so amazing, and I would instantly preorder. A normal like bald vampire or the Master's Season Two Body (no spoilers of specifically who) would be badass as well.

A 1/6 Setrakian would be awesome, he was so great in the books.

The show actually portrays him how I pictured him, except I imagined John Hurt in the role.

Is this Insight Collectibles' first statue? I know they have a few books coming out but it doesn't seem like anything actually shipped yet.

I'm curious to know how their production pieces stack up against the protos.

I didn't watch season 2 yet but I really liked the look of The Master when he was still hooded and fully cloaked. I thought his size and movements were awesome but then I was pretty disappointed with the full reveal. With the regular vamps looking as cool as they do, I expected a lot more in the Master's design. It grew on me a little so I didn't hate it by the end of the season like I did at first sight, but still think they could've went a better direction.

But I have to say, the design looks fantastic in statue form, much better than it appeared on screen

Haven't seen the show, but read the books and comics and I'm undecided on this piece... Has all the characteristics of "The Strain" but not how I envisioned the master from the book.

Back