The Fountain

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oddly enough, I had the same exact thought. See how the internet has destroyed all means of proper face to face conversation. In the immortal words of Darth Vader....

darth_vader_nooo.jpg

I feel like I'm on the ship in Wall-E!

Oddly enough, I had the same exact thought. See how the internet has destroyed all means of proper face to face conversation. In the immortal words of Darth Vader....

darth_vader_nooo.jpg

I suppose i'm no better since i could just walk over and laugh at you but i too just perpetuate this impersonal conversement.:rolleyes:

i avoided this movie like the plague, but once i did sit down and watch it i loved it.

although, i get that it's not everyone's cup o' tea.

Watched this again the other night. Three days later and I'm still thinking about it. I watch it every 2-3 years.

Some thoughts

-I remember opening night ten years ago the theater was empty. It was midnight and there were only about six other people in a fairly small screening room at the AMC in Santa Monica. It blew my ****ing mind.

-I feel Aronofsky should have done this later. Had this been released today it would have found a much broader audience [same goes for the other Jackman movie that came out that year - Nolan's brilliant Best Picture-worthy The Prestige.]

-Clint Mansell's score is haunting and spectacular. Dude should have won an Oscar for it.

-Hugh Jackman's finest performance prior to Villeneuve's Prisoners. The dude is just totally committed here. You can tell he gave Aronofsky his all (specially if you watch the BTS on the blu-ray where Aronofsky tells Jackman he wants his eyebrows shaved off & Jackman agrees without an ounce of reluctance).

-The dude who play the Mayan Chief is the same dude from Gibson's Apocalypto. He's awesome.

-I cry like a ***** when Jackman sees Rachel Weisz inside the sphere. His tortured look is heartbreaking.

-This movie is arguably the greatest cinematic depiction of the agony that comes with losing a lover. I remember breaking up with my ex (who I watched this with) and not being able to go near this movie because like Tommy, I was madly in love with her and the thought of my time with her being over would lead to Mansell's score playing in my head and would instantly destroy me.

-Film deserved Nominations for Best Actor, Best Cinematography and Best Score.

-What pains me the most about watching this awesome movie is the thought that at one point Aronofsky was to helm a sexually-explicit, uber-violent, deeply cerebral and abstract Wolverine film starring Jackman. I got my hands on the script a few years ago and it is to this day the greatest CBM I've ever read. Hopefully Mangold's Logan gets somewhat close.

Watched this again the other night. Three days later and I'm still thinking about it. I watch it every 2-3 years.

Some thoughts

-I remember opening night ten years ago the theater was empty. It was midnight and there were only about six other people in a fairly small screening room at the AMC in Santa Monica. It blew my ****ing mind.

-I feel Aronofsky should have done this later. Had this been released today it would have found a much broader audience [same goes for the other Jackman movie that came out that year - Nolan's brilliant Best Picture-worthy The Prestige.]

-Clint Mansell's score is haunting and spectacular. Dude should have won an Oscar for it.

-Hugh Jackman's finest performance prior to Villeneuve's Prisoners. The dude is just totally committed here. You can tell he gave Aronofsky his all (specially if you watch the BTS on the blu-ray where Aronofsky tells Jackman he wants his eyebrows shaved off & Jackman agrees without an ounce of reluctance).

-The dude who play the Mayan Chief is the same dude from Gibson's Apocalypto. He's awesome.

-I cry like a ***** when Jackman sees Rachel Weisz inside the sphere. His tortured look is heartbreaking.

-This movie is arguably the greatest cinematic depiction of the agony that comes with losing a lover. I remember breaking up with my ex (who I watched this with) and not being able to go near this movie because like Tommy, I was madly in love with her and the thought of my time with her being over would lead to Mansell's score playing in my head and would instantly destroy me.

-Film deserved Nominations for Best Actor, Best Cinematography and Best Score.

-What pains me the most about watching this awesome movie is the thought that at one point Aronofsky was to helm a sexually-explicit, uber-violent, deeply cerebral and abstract Wolverine film starring Jackman. I got my hands on the script a few years ago and it is to this day the greatest CBM I've ever read. Hopefully Mangold's Logan gets somewhat close.

Yup!!!! one of my favorite films too and the score is incredible, one of my favorites all time. I got the graphic novel too which is amazing as well. Aronofsky was also supposed to do Year One before Nolan got Batman Begins. An Aronofsky Batman still would be freakin amazing to see!!! I remember when they announced that he was going to be the next Batman director and i was just so psyched. And I still remember seeing Pi in the theater with a group of friends and we were just blown away. One of the coolest experiences i ever had with a film in the theater. It was just so intense.

Yup!!!! one of my favorite films too and the score is incredible, one of my favorites all time. I got the graphic novel too which is amazing as well. Aronofsky was also supposed to do Year One before Nolan got Batman Begins. An Aronofsky Batman still would be freakin amazing to see!!! I remember when they announced that he was going to be the next Batman director and i was just so psyched. And I still remember seeing Pi in the theater with a group of friends and we were just blown away. One of the coolest experiences i ever had with a film in the theater. It was just so intense.

The only other in-theater experience that was similar to me was when I watched Gaspar Noe's Enter The Void. Equally great, equally complex, equally emotional piece that you must if watch if you haven't already.

*Theater was even emptier for that one at midnight (this was Miami Beach instead of Santa Monica).

One of the very best films so far this century. Can't agree more with you guys.

The Fountain is excellent.

Enter the Void is garbage. (But it does have one of the best opening credit sequences in the history of film. Not an exaggeration.)

Back