Terminator 2 T-800 Endoskull 1:1 Replica (good price?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cultpredator

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Terminator 2 T-800 Endoskull 1:1 Replica with Sound

Hey all

Just a quick one,for your termiantor fans who probaly have this bust or know alot about it. I was offered this piece brand new factory sealed for 300 euro which is about 432 dollars I make it. I love the movie i just never started on the terminator collectables. so any advise on this one much appreciated :)

TOY009 TOYNAMI version

The 1:1 Scale T-800 Endoskull Prop Replica features electronic light-up eyes and plays the licensed theme song from the Terminator 2 Movie. Other details include chrome finish and acrylic teeth. Extra additional features not previously released on the prior edition are 2 blue LED lights that glow from the neck upward towards the head adding an ominous glow to the skull. With the upgraded speakers and official theme song, this collectible piece will be sought after by every Terminator fan.

43 cm. / 17" x 43 cm. / 17" x 60 cm. / 23.5"

As I already posted couple of times on this, I'll simply quote myself:

It's matter of personal preference..

Generally accepted, people like SideShow one, a bit more then HCG/Toynami..Find it to be more menacing (with it's tilted head, reminds of the opening sequence of the T2), and it's actually idealized interpretation of the Endoskull, while Toynami/HCG is more screen accurate.

SideShow has CPU (even tho inaccurate, but still nice feature) and light up eyes can be ON constantly (with very smooth fade out effect)
Toynami/HCG on the other hand doesn't have CPU, but has sound feature (many people find it to be cheapish, and would prefer it without the sound) and eyes light up only during the sound playing (and that's about 10 seconds, on this new version about 30 seconds)..

I personally prefer HCG. If you made poll with the question, I'm pretty sure that SideShow would "win" by a long shot!

:)

To give you direct answer, I'd go for the new version of Toynami/HCG at the price you were offered, without giving it another thought!

sideshows ofcourse... u can get the combat edition for 450- 500 dollars, i really didnt like the battel damage paint on it,but still id prefer it over HCG clean endsoskull , as sideshow one is from the original stan Winston studio, and would have far value than the HCG

sideshows ofcourse... u can get the combat edition for 450- 500 dollars, i really didnt like the battel damage paint on it,but still id prefer it over HCG clean endsoskull , as sideshow one is from the original stan Winston studio, and would have far value than the HCG

Please read highlighted above.

The Sideshow skull is the better collectible IMO.

Go for the combat sideshow. Like stated above, you can pick it up at a great price. Also, if your not 100% happy with the burnt, combat look, spend a bit of time cleaning it with nail varnish remover or something similar. It will take off the thinly applied black paint to reveal a chrome look like the clean version. Iv partly done mine to have the best of both worlds :)

you can prolly get the combat version for even cheaper than that since the market is flooded with em. I just sold my cleaned combat version for $430.

this has been debated to death :lol

the sideshow one is the idealized cgi version. the HCG is based on the actual physical model.

the 1:1 Endo statue by SS is actually using the HCG skull.

I had both but prefer the HCG one more. just wish it would stay lit longer. :D

this has been debated to death :lol

the sideshow one is the idealized cgi version. the HCG is based on the actual physical model.

the 1:1 Endo statue by SS is actually using the HCG skull.

I had both but prefer the HCG one more. just wish it would stay lit longer. :D

Meh, let them think what they want, it's pretty obvious to anybody who took any time to actually study the Endoskull, which one is more "accurate" and which one is "idealized".

HCG is not based on screen used, it is casted directly from screen used skull, while SideShow one was sculpted fresh, yeah it was done by Stan Winston studio, however it isn't a direct cast from molds used for movie, but idealized version of the skull used in the opening scene of the T2.

It's all matter of personal preference, SS looks meaner, while HCG has more of a "neutral" look.

The HCG is a superb bust. Besides that, being a bit wider is again more accurate than the SS version, which is too narrow, and thus if hypothetically trying to add some skin and flesh on the SS bust, you'll see it would not bring you Arnie to life, but a starving and hungry Arnie ;). The SS is indeed more menacing, but the HCG is the one which is movie accurate.

Back