Superalloy/Die Cast DOTM Transformers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noizyboi

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I didn't find any information on the topic elsewhere and I'm not sure whether this thread belongs in the request thread, but here goes

I've seen a lot of die-cast figures coming out these days with both companies like Hot Toys and Play Imaginative releasing Iron Man 3 figures in the Superalloy and Die-cast categories respectively and I was wondering why we can't see a similar series in Transformers figures?

They needn't be crazy exclusive like the Calibre series or the new Prime1Studio ones (and the crazy price-tags attached with them!) But I think it would be a great idea if we could see super detailed figures of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron and even Sentinel Prime in Die-cast metal and with show-quality paint apps with plenty of accessories. The fact that they would be fully articulated would make them even more attractive in my mind

They would satisfy a gap in collectibles from this series being in metal and with a reasonable edition number say 750-1000 units?

What do you guys think? Maybe SS or Hot Toys would see this and consider it we have a considerable number of people who would be interested in a series of figures like these. :pray:

Last edited:
Easy because unlike most movie licenses. Transformers is a license owned by Takara in Japan and Hasbro in North America.

Slight chance in the toy companies licensing their own money tree.
Besides, making good die-cast transforming robot is tricky and very expensive.

Easy because unlike most movie licenses. Transformers is a license owned by Takara in Japan and Hasbro in North America.

Slight chance in the toy companies licensing their own money tree.
Besides, making good die-cast transforming robot is tricky and very expensive.

Oh it doesn't have to transform! I'd settle for articulation :) I hope they make them someday....

Last edited:
I would kill to own a 24" die-cast that looked like these Custom painted DMK 01's!

dmk-01small6.jpg

Transformers%2BDual%2BModel%2BKit%2BDMK01%2BOptimus%2BPrime%2B04.jpg

Back