Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, They most definitely would be. Making ALL Star Wars an insomnia curing thespian drama, or some gloomy Death Star revisionist footnote is hardly the cure for this franchise 😉
Where did I mention tone? I said Andor level writing and rogue one visuals. You could have a light hearted adventure tone if it suited the story. Good writing is the foundation of any good movie/show. Everything else is window dressing.

Where did I mention tone? I said Andor level writing and rogue one visuals. You could have a light hearted adventure tone if it suited the story. Good writing is the foundation of any good movie/show. Everything else is window dressing.
You said you found Andor to be "very good Star Wars" and Rogue One "good" and followed this up by wishing for this kind of quality productions moving forward. I simply disagreed with your overall claim. Even if you want to make it all about the writing I still don't agree.
Good writing is supposed to start with interesting and (at least somewhat) likeable characters of which Andor had precisely zero i.m.o. Then we need an interesting setting. Andor had the most boring scrapyard housing and cheap looking outdoor forest camp in SW history. I believe they should've developed this into a regular period drama rather than a Star Wars project (They didn't even bother to modify the real world firearms). Then things need to move on at a pace that lets the protagonist (oops, there wasn't one in Andor...) leave this boring, meaningless life behind and move on to more interesting things (While I personally dropped out early I understand this didn't happen during the entirety of season 1). Then there's the dialogue which is so full of unnecessary padding and cringy banter my ears almost cried in despair. Everyone sounds as if they'd rather kill themselves than doing anything useful with their lives. Hell, even that funky looking red droid seemed depressed. I'd take Lucas' wonkiest attempts at mimicking human dialogue over this bore-fest any day of the week, just as long as the story goes someplace worthwhile. Andor to me was just VERY slow, pretentious and extremely boring and yes; it was all firmly "grounded" in the writing. Also, Stellan Skarsgård is highly overrated... 😉

You said you found Andor to be "very good Star Wars" and Rogue One "good" and followed this up by wishing for this kind of quality productions moving forward. I simply disagreed with your overall claim. Even if you want to make it all about the writing I still don't agree.
Good writing is supposed to start with interesting and (at least somewhat) likeable characters of which Andor had precisely zero i.m.o. Then we need an interesting setting. Andor had the most boring scrapyard housing and cheap looking outdoor forest camp in SW history. I believe they should've developed this into a regular period drama rather than a Star Wars project (They didn't even bother to modify the real world firearms). Then things need to move on at a pace that lets the protagonist (oops, there wasn't one in Andor...) leave this boring, meaningless life behind and move on to more interesting things (While I personally dropped out early I understand this didn't happen during the entirety of season 1). Then there's the dialogue which is so full of unnecessary padding and cringy banter my ears almost cried in despair. Everyone sounds as if they'd rather kill themselves than doing anything useful with their lives. Hell, even that funky looking red droid seemed depressed. I'd take Lucas' wonkiest attempts at mimicking human dialogue over this bore-fest any day of the week, just as long as the story goes someplace worthwhile. Andor to me was just VERY slow, pretentious and extremely boring and yes; it was all firmly "grounded" in the writing. Also, Stellan Skarsgård is highly overrated... 😉
there's bad takes, then there's this

Most entertaining read of the day! We get it, you dislike Andor. You are allowed to. Yes you did strawman my comment but reading comprehension does usually go hand in hand with attention span so it is precisely the sort of response I would expect if you found Andor tedious. There is plenty Marvel content and shows like Clone Wars or Mando season 3 to keep you entertained.

Back