1/6 Sideshw Jango Fett figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Got mine today. I can confirm all issues reported earlier are present. gauntlet hoses are indeed too short., knee guards are popping off when you look at them wrong and shin guards fixing choice remains a mystery. I would also add that pleather straps are far too soft and metal pins tend to slip off at the first occasion.

Other than that, i was lucky enough to avoid broken pieces, misaligned chest armor plates or two right/left feet issues. Now having solved most of the problems listed above, i still having a lot of fun posing Jango.

If there's one thing i'd like to solve permanently, it's the knee guards attachment system. If i keep using those as they are now, i'm 200% positive i'll end up with broken guards sooner or later.

This is a figure that when from Oohs and Aahs, to God-Damnit in record time.

I didn't have any issues with the paint work or range finder on mine... maybe the range finder is too short, but I didn't notice that.

But those ****ing shin and knee pieces are awful; leave it to Sideshow to take something simple like armor attached to the clothing and completely botch it. They used velcro to attach the thigh armor, but this weird peg system for the knees and shins when velcro would have worked better and probably been easier to manufacture.

Sucks to as the human portrait is easily one of the best they've turned out, but the figure is just a complete pain to pose.

Yep. I just can't figure out why they wouldn't use velcro on all leg armor pieces. They would certainly fall as easily when posing the figure but would at least be a lot easier to put back.

Side note: Just broke one of my knee guards. Glued parts back together but i fear its gonna be a recuring step in all futur posing sessions

This is a figure that when from Oohs and Aahs, to God-Damnit in record time.

I didn't have any issues with the paint work or range finder on mine... maybe the range finder is too short, but I didn't notice that.

But those ****ing shin and knee pieces are awful; leave it to Sideshow to take something simple like armor attached to the clothing and completely botch it. They used velcro to attach the thigh armor, but this weird peg system for the knees and shins when velcro would have worked better and probably been easier to manufacture.

Sucks to as the human portrait is easily one of the best they've turned out, but the figure is just a complete pain to pose.

I think that they'd have to have nailed the likeness when they've made so many variations on it before.

Good review and pics, Michael...you pretty much summed up my thoughts on this figure....don't want to be too hard on it, but it is frustrating at this price point to have to go and get back-up parts at a breakdown house to deal with the breakage of the fragile parts. Must be a right of passage with this figure to break SOMETHING on it while trying to switch it up or change the pose...mine was one of the knee guards....SNAP, right in two when moving the legs around.

And YES...swapping the helmet to the head was EXCRUCIATING. I was so afraid I was going to break the figure nto pieces. Once I've had my fill of snapping shots of that fine portrait, it's helmet time for display and that's it....too risky to do that swap multiple times.

One thing I'll will respectfully disagree on though is the body quality. I'm not impressed with this one at all. VERY hard to pose, the legs being the worst. Do not like those knee pads attaching to the knees with a posts....makes any real dynamic positions with the legs a little tough to look good with the armor placement. Thinking about a mod I might try to change that....we'll see.

But I still like this figure, warts n' all...

Last edited:
Nice review as always.

I like the figure, but comparing it to Jedi Luke, the price of Sideshow's 1/6 SW figures has more than quadrupled in 10 years. Unfortunately we haven't seen a commensurate increase in quality.

Cant wait to see the mental gymnastic some other reviews use to dance around this figs issues, for the sake of keeping Sideshows sponsorship

Figures like this always drive me nuts, because the potential was there. I'll be reviewing another one of those tonight with Asmus' Bard, a figure that was so good at first, and then literally fell apart.

Figures like this always drive me nuts, because the potential was there. I'll be reviewing another one of those tonight with Asmus' Bard, a figure that was so good at first, and then literally fell apart.

Cool, Genghis Bloom does look pretty sweet.

Yep, Sideshow seems incapable of delivering a figure w/o some major hiccup... the fun of buying is getting to discover for yourself what that problem will be.

Yep, Sideshow seems incapable of delivering a figure w/o some major hiccup... the fun of buying is getting to discover for yourself what that problem will be.

Yup. It's always one step forward, two back with them. I mean the Biker Scout was fairly well done then this :huh

It's too bad too. I remember opening my Medicom Jango and how much fun he was to pose...guess I won't have as much fun with this one...

Last edited:
I forgot about the Scout Trooper... I didn't really follow that one, but honestly that figure turned out great. Basebody is so-so on it, but nothing major and aside from the pouches needing a bit of weathering a very solid release.

And like you said, then there's Jango :lol

Back