Sideshow Ralph McQuarrie Boba Fett Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking forward to in hand pics. Can someone tell me how this thing is only 10lbs? I don't think I've ever seen a 1/4 polystone statue that is this light... or is this not polystone?

It is 1/5 but I find the weight a bit suspicious as well. I recently posted about it in the mcquarrie stormtrooper thread. Somehow the upcoming vader is only listed at 6.5 pounds. Not sure if it is a mistake or made of plastic or what? I seriously want to know what material these 3 statues are made of.

Polystone

Thank you for confirming this. Also I thought your photos of the stormtrooper were very nice. I am really considering these, but for me it's all three or none. And the exclusives with the extra heads are a must. Personally I like the shaded style of these, like fully realized 3-d renderings of the sketches. Not for everyone I suppose but something different and interesting to look at.

Sideshow have just taken full payment off me for this, so can't be far away until it's despatched.

It is 1/5 but I find the weight a bit suspicious as well. I recently posted about it in the mcquarrie stormtrooper thread. Somehow the upcoming vader is only listed at 6.5 pounds. Not sure if it is a mistake or made of plastic or what? I seriously want to know what material these 3 statues are made of.

SS is sometimes known for making their statues thin and hollow..... only issue I have with that is it can create weak spots on the statue and during shipping if the box gets dropped or something it could cause it to break.... but if SS creates a good packaging box it shouldn't be a problem.

SS is sometimes known for making their statues thin and hollow..... only issue I have with that is it can create weak spots on the statue and during shipping if the box gets dropped or something it could cause it to break.... but if SS creates a good packaging box it shouldn't be a problem.

Not saying that these are hollow, but if they are it's a cheapo move considering their cost. Being hollow could increase the chance of breakage, manufacturing flaws, or possibly compromise structural integrity down the line. That said, these mcquarrie pieces have really grown on me recently and would go great with the book. I am close to pulling the trigger on boba. Sideshow posted video of the production piece and it looks really nice.

Went ahead and ordered this and already received notice that it will be charged Wednesday. If I like it enough will order the stormtrooper next.

So excited for this piece. Hopefully, I get it by next week.

Same here. I just got the McQuarrie Stormtrooper and it is really great as well. I have no issues with the "heft" of the piece as it feels about like my Mythos statues, give or take. 1/5 scale makes a fair difference in presence on the shelf for sure though...

They're gonna be hollow, everyone slush casts nowadays. How thin is the only question you should be asking.

They're gonna be hollow, everyone slush casts nowadays. How thin is the only question you should be asking.

I bet it can't beat the P1 mask... 1mm in areas on the one I destroyed.

jscYQs4.jpg

Back