Sean Bean Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patterson

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I worked with Sean Bean on a film early last year and wondered what you considered the best collectible of him is.

Boromir Sideshow Legendary 1/3 Scale Bust L/E 350...Looks great IMO

Last edited:
I'd say the SSW statue right now but I'll be curious to see the new maquette from SS.

Hi guys,

I worked with Sean Bean on a film early last year and wondered what you considered the best collectible of him is.

I think the best LOTR Sean Bean collectible may yet still be waiting to be produced...maybe the Maquette as Josh says or maybe the PF. But from what is available on the market right now, I think I would have to agree with Adolfo, the LSB (for likeness, even though it is not bang-on IMHO) but the SSW statue looks very nice (not a great likeness though). I should think the reveal of the maquette maybe quite close now, might be worth hanging on, at least to see that.

Happy hunting Paterson.

:duff
Bill

I always liked the face sculpt and detail on the both the SSW statue and the SS 1:6 figure were really nice, but the upcoming SS maquette looks to be amazing. We haven't seen a painted headsculpt yet, but it looks good so far!

For a more budget-friendly approach, the Toy Biz Super Poseable Boromir was pretty good.

The best collectible is not available yet. It will be the PF. :lecture :wave

For now you only have four options I can think of (not including 7" action figures or mini sized items): the Sideshow-Weta Statue, the Sideshow 12" Figure, the Sideshow-Weta Bust or the Sideshow Legendary Scale Bust.

My personal choice out of those if you want just one representation would be the Legendary Scale bust.

Even though it's probably the least expensive of the bunch, the 1/6th scaled figure from Sideshow really is a nice representation of Boromir. Beautifully done detailing found throughout. From his outfit to his gear, and that shield is a work of art.

Even though it's probably the least expensive of the bunch, the 1/6th scaled figure from Sideshow really is a nice representation of Boromir. Beautifully done detailing found throughout. From his outfit to his gear, and that shield is a work of art.

It's the best of the 1/6 figures for sure and my favorite!

I'm betting the statue will be great if the other ones that are already released are any indication.

The best collectible is not available yet. It will be the PF. :lecture :wave

For now you only have four options I can think of (not including 7" action figures or mini sized items): the Sideshow-Weta Statue, the Sideshow 12" Figure, the Sideshow-Weta Bust or the Sideshow Legendary Scale Bust.

My personal choice out of those if you want just one representation would be the Legendary Scale bust.

The thought that I actually find myself agreeing with Frank twice in one post terrifies me. :lol

I'm not convinced by what I've seen so far concerning the maquette likeness [I know it's still too early to say for sure]. but I think the likeness of the eventual PF will probably be the best....esp. if Trevor is commissioned to do the sculpt.
As for likenesses already available I have to go with the LSB. It's not great , but it does look quite good in person.

Would love to see an Eddard Stark PF, complete with that big effing executioner sword!

Just to tide us all over until the maquette arrives...

BoromirLW.jpg

..it's still a beautiful figure for its time.

Back