*** San Francisco Toy Store Owner Car Accident Resulted In Coma ***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoldenPimp

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Dear members of the Toys Community,

This is a very sad day. :( The owner of Sun Entertainment in San Francisco Chinatown, Kent Sun (a model builder), got into a horrible car accident earlier this week. The family van he was driving, carrying his wife and children, was hit by an illegal immigrant who ran a red light, without auto insurance. :mad:

It was reported in the news that Kent is currently in a coma, suffering from a broken neck. The nerves in his neck are all torn. The hospital is pretty much counting down to pulling the plug on him... :monkey2

14nodcp.jpg

9916kn.jpg

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sun-entertainment-san-francisco-2

https://www.sunentertainment.com/

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Sun Entertainment
722 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94108

I remember Kent started his store about 20 years ago, it was a small shop back then, no bigger than a walk in closet. He sold mainly Japanese model cars and Gundams. The business then expanded to a bigger unit next door, selling Hong Kong movies, die cast car models, Gundams, and all sorts of awesome action figures.

Kent is the kind of guy that always greet his customers with a smile as they walk in, and he'd say, "慢慢睇 (take your time)." Even if you just hang around the store without buying anything, he would say "Ok bye bye" as you walk out. Never pushy. Toy shoppers in the city are going to miss him for sure.

Although I don't know his family personally (I just read the newspaper and TV media), I would like to get the word out that his wife and two children are currently accepting donations to get through tough times, anything helps. Thanks.:

Elaine Y Tan
PO Box 26786
San Francisco, CA 94126

For more information, feel free to contact:

Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association
(415) 982-6000
https://www.ccbausa.org/

Last edited:
To the original poster... you are a new member to the boards. We have rules about posting... where, how long, etc, to help defeat spammers and scammers. Please read the board rules and FAQ's before posting.

I have cleaned up this thread and if you would like to keep it open, please be more polite and follow the board rules in the future. We are not moderating the story, but just a new board member. Please remain civil to the Mods and other members.

I think everybody might need a breather here. Probably a lot of miscommunication on both sides, with the mods too quick to delete on assumptions vs. asking questions and the OP, grieving for a dear friend, a bit quick to lash out in response. Just my 2 worthless pesos. :huh

Very sad. My mom came inches of dying by the same cause (auto accident involving an illegal immigrant...who ended up leaving the country). Thankfully my mom survived after a month in a coma and several years of recovery and rehab, and also thankfully the man who hit her was driving a company vehicle that did have insurance.

My prayers for his family.

I think everybody might need a breather here. Probably a lot of miscommunication on both sides, with the mods too quick to delete on assumptions vs. asking questions and the OP, grieving for a dear friend, a bit quick to lash out in response. Just my 2 worthless pesos. :huh

It's all good.

[update]

My brother told me the store is closing. Maybe they'll sell everything on discount.

Back