Rise of the Silver Surfer Life Size Chromed Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Infinity Designs

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm quite new here but I have been a comics collector and a fan for several decades already.

I just want to share our personal Life Size Bust project. We are simply inspired tremendously by most of the artworks and sculptures we have seen lately that's why we have decided to pay homage to one of the most noble character I have known.

THE SILVER SURFER

We are planning to give him plain eyes with an iris just like in the movie. But, we will also make it light up as well as an added feature. And lastly, we will have additional "final touches" to emphasize the emotions of anger and sadness in his face.

We aim to make him not just another shiny face!

Now on with the couple of WIP pics and the reference that inspired us to do this dream project.

WIP03.jpg

WIP05.jpg

WIP04-1.jpg

He is probably gonna be 33-34" tall including the base.

One could ask "why so serious?". LOL! :D

Here's the final look of the face.

IMHO the photo did not do the actual sculpt the justice it deserves. He is already being recasted and will be on it's way to the chroming line afterwards.

WIP06.jpg

WIP07.jpg

NOTE: THIS IS JUST THE CLAY AFTER BEING TAKEN OUT OF THE MOLD :)

On our part, We aim to make anyone who sees him in person feel his emotions. Like sadness, anger, sense of responsibility, etc all mixed in one bust. We do not just want to create or simulate his likeness. What I personally want is to feel his presence.

Welcome to the board and very impressive work! Look forward to seeing more in progress pics.

I'm so glad to be here. And thank you so much for the kind words sir :)

Looks really really awesome so far.

Thank you sir. Im glad you like it.

As I promised here are a few shots of the "chromed surfer"

I am so happy cause this is so far the only DOUBLE COATED CHROMED item that I know thus making it FINGERPRINT PROOF :D

Taken at the chroming factory, sorry the ceiling was all black. Making Norrin Radd quite dark :D
WIP11.jpg

NOTE: There are still moisture spots on him after being taken out of the Vacuum Metalizing Chamber.

Now for a few shots of the "Proto-A" (without eyes, because PROTO-B has built in chromed eyes). I hope you really all like this humble tribute of ours.

WIP14.jpg

WIP13.jpg

WIP16.jpg

I apologize for the poor photos. The next ones will be from our resident photo guy :D

Here are more clearer updates courtesy of our resident photo me guy :D

WIP17.jpg

WIP19.jpg

WIP20.jpg

Really can't wait for the lights, additional touch ups and base! Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. TFL :)

Wow, looks great so far. I'm looking forward to following the progress and seeing the final product.

Thank you sir. :)

Anyway, I was suppose to post 2 nights ago for those who were curious! But work got in the way! Anyway, I'm happy to tease the ones who asked about this.

WIP21.jpg

More updates soon! TFL :)

Back