RIP Tobe Hooper age 74

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad... but I never considered him the 'director' of Poltergeist except in credit.

I do credit him with starting a huge subgenre -- the Slasher film.

Man, another legend gone. Was just thinking about the first two Texas Chain Saw Massacre films, the other day. The first is a masterpiece, and the second while not universally loved is a movie I've always had a soft spot for. It's a movie where the humor and the horror elements make for a bit of a strange juxtaposition, but some of the imagery is so just so insane in that movie, it's always had an appeal to me. The whole final act is just nuts!
Was also always a fan of "Funhouse". "Salem's Lot," and Life Force." While "Salem's Lot" differed significantly at times from the also great book, Hooper's version of Kurt Barlow was effectively terrifying. In fact, as much as I love that book, I think Hooper's choice to portray Barlow more as a beast that never speaks is much scarier than the much more verbose version who appears in King's novel.
As a kid, I really enjoyed the pilot episode of the short lived "Freddy's Nightmare" tv series. It was the first attempt to show the origin of Freddy Krueger. It wasn't until years later that I realized that Tobe Hooper directed the episode!

Just my wording I only meant Black Christmas was 74, Psycho obviously is not 74 lol

Sorry for my wording.

My favorite Hooper quote:

“just don’t ask me about Poltergeist (’82), man”,

Oh now I see lol.

And we definitely can't forget Poltergeist as that film was the blue print for RO's directorial process.

YIghZO8.jpg

Only difference being that the producer who took over Poltergeist was a visionary filmmaker, and for Rogue One, it was a bunch of suits looking at focus group data and toy sale trends. Here's a recently revealed, behind the scenes look:

1062523_orig.jpg

Only difference being that the producer who took over Poltergeist was a visionary filmmaker, and for Rogue One, it was a bunch of suits looking at focus group data and toy sale trends. Here's a recently revealed, behind the scenes look:

1062523_orig.jpg

:lol

kara is never late nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

Indian guy is thinking, "I'm just here for diversity" ;_ ;

He's not even looking at the screen :lol

Back