pregnant woman strong craves for roadkill

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quiggle

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just read this article and with all the food threads going on, Id like in on the action. so have any of you tried roadkill before and is the quality of the meats better?

"As a professional artist and taxidermist Alison Brierley is used to handling roadkill.

Ms Brierley, from Harrogate, North Yorkshire, has developed strong cravings for roadkill meat.

She said: ‘Usually I eat really healthily but now I'm pregnant I get strong cravings for roadkill.

‘It's more gamey than other meat and I love the taste.

‘I also don't have to feel guilty about eating it because I know it's had a completely free range and natural life.

The best road round here is the A61 to Ripon, it's definitely the most fruitful.

‘But most of my foraging is opportunistic and I don't go out looking for carcasses.

‘The first time I picked something up was when I drove past a perfectly good pheasant.

‘I stopped and I thought 'I'm going to eat this'.

‘I took it home and marinated it in olive oil for four days before I made a kind of Kentucky fried pheasant dish.

‘I've also tried hare, deer, pigeon, rabbit, owls and partridges, but pheasant is still the staple because it's so common.

article-0-0EB7022B00000578-562_468x618.jpg

article-0-0EB7037700000578-839_468x430.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ancy-cravings-ROADKILL.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

COngrats to quiggle for getting his sister or mom pregnant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back