NEWS - JerseyFest 2015 Model Kit & Statue Fair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonlightdrive21

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys:

The dates for the 2015 "JerseyFest Model Kit & Statue Fair" are August 28th to the 30th, which will once again be at the Marriott Hanover Hotel in Whippany, New Jersey.

The big show offers an amazing selection of rare, vintage and new resin, vinyl and plastic model kits, hobby supplies, statues, replica props, and fine art for sale and display! Collectors and hobbyists from all over the USA and even abroad attend.

JerseyFest features terrific classes, demos and presentations on painting, building and sculpting models and statues from many of the most talented artists in the hobby and film effects studios. The show is a celebration of movies, television, and comic books, with the focus on monsters, science fiction and fantasy. It’s all happening at an excellent hotel in a terrific area of the country that’s not far from New York City and Newark Airport, New Jersey.

As with prior years, Friday is the date for "JerseyFest Academy", which will consist of a series of all day hobby classes (Jerseyfest Academy Hobby Classes & Workshops » JerseyFestFair). The vendor show will be on Saturday and Sunday. The big model contest occurs during the vendor show and is an incredible sight for anyone into statues, comics, monsters, Sci-Fi, etc.

Check out our web site for more info: JerseyFestFair » Model Kit & Statue Fair. You can also subscribe to our news blog by going to our home page and scrolling down to the right.

We are currently taking registrations for vendor tables - see how to sign up by going here: Vendor Registration » JerseyFestFair

All is looking great for a very big and elite show all day and night for 3 days. More announcements to come.

Thanks,
Rob & Dave
JerseyFestFair » Model Kit & Statue Fair

JerseyFEST2015FULLADHIREZ-e1423238067665.jpg

How many folks typically attend? I should try to go to finally meet some of the folks I've been talking to via PMs and email for years. Will depend on my schedule I suppose.

I'm looking forward to another great show. I've had a great time the past few years. Lots of kits, great demos, and awesome Friday classes and to boot, meeting all the great sculptors, painters and collectors in the hobby. See you all there. Can't wait!

Its getting close. Looking forward to another great show. Last year was incredible and im hoping this year is better

Hey guys:

We just posted various information about the awards and prizes for the JerseyFest 2015 Model & Art Contest, which includes lots of pictures. See it all here: 2015 Model & Art Contest & Exhibit » JerseyFestFair

Also wanted to highlight these great contest prizes from the Stan Winston School:

1st Place: A FULL-YEAR subscription to the Stan Winston School online workshop, granting unlimited On-Demand access to the entire SWSCA video library, featuring character creation tutorials by the masters of monster making, with new lessons added every month.
2nd Place: 12 DVD's of the winner’s choice selected from our tutorial library, featuring character creation tutorials by the masters of monster making.

Thanks,
Dave

Pictured below are just some of the trophies and plaques from last year that we will have again this year:

best-of-show-2014-t1.jpg

trophy-best-of-show-w-bottle-2014.jpg

best-of-show-vehicle-mechs.jpg

jordu-award-2014.jpg

stan-winston-2014.jpg

best-vehicle-1-to-4.jpg

trophy-best-female-2014.jpg

best-kaiju-1st-b-2014.jpg

Curious moonlight since it seems like I am going to be able to go. Do the vendors generally take cards, or cash? I prefer not to run around with lots of cash :<

Curious moonlight since it seems like I am going to be able to go. Do the vendors generally take cards, or cash? I prefer not to run around with lots of cash :<

Some take credit cards, but it depends. There is a cash ATM machine on hotel premises. See you soon !

Hey guys:

Just wanted to give you a reminder about the "JerseyFest Model Kit" & Statue Fair" vendor show that's happening on Aug 29th and 30th - about 2 weeks away!

Yes there will be statues for sale, but you'll also be able to see and buy many rare and phenomenal pieces that you may never have seen or ever will see again. There are also many day and night time presentations, parties and other activities. People from all over the USA and even abroad attend the show for the weekend.

A short video showing some highlights of the last JerseyFest convention is on You Tube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok3Lgakmd5k

All the show info and lots more pictures are here: JerseyFestFair » Model Kit & Statue Fair

The list of demos/presentations occurring in conference rooms at the JerseyFest vendor show next Sat. and Sun. (Aug 29 &30) is posted here: Demos & Presentations » JerseyFestFair Includes topics related to models/sculpts from Predator, Aliens, original creature designs, Star Trek, Star Wars, etc.

Back