Mystery eBay auction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered if the price was based on it being a sealed example of one of these bonus helm sets from the old subscription they offered. its not even clear what the helm was. Maybe that was a rare one as well.

I wondered if the price was based on it being a sealed example of one of these bonus helm sets from the old subscription they offered. its not even clear what the helm was. Maybe that was a rare one as well.

The helm market is all over the place, I think it really comes down to what's available and who's buying at the moment. There are some that always seem more desirable like the eleven and numenorean ones, but I guess they all are if you're trying to complete an entire set. The only really pricey one is the witch king crown, used to be listed at 699 - 899 regularly. One recently sold for 500ish... the only one I don't have, yet.

Would have been interesting to see what that helm was.

The bonus helm was the Orc Legion's helm, IIRC, as it was the bonus helm that was given after 2 years.

The Orc Legion Helm was a theonering.net exclusive. Members of the Medallion collectors club received the Witch-king Crown as a gift for getting all 16 medallions.

Indeed. If you check the toytracker website and hover over the helms with your mouse, you can see the item number in the url. Only exception is the Wiki crown, but with #9522 to the left and #9524 to the right of it, I'm willing to bet that the Wiki crown is #9523. Whoever won this auction got a pretty good deal.

Indeed, GREAT deal as from the OP description "in a plain but decorative black box with no markings" that is the WiKi helm as that is what my helm came in! As far as I know the WiKi helm was the only bonus helm given to medallion completists from SSW and the edition size is only 500 not 1000, man the seller had no idea what they had in hand..................................

So was this the ONLY way to get that particular helm then? I always wondered why it was so expensive. Still its really cool to see an auction like this with the items still together. Hopefully the new owner keeps it that way.

man the seller had no idea what they had in hand..................................

I think the seller got more than he ever expected out of this auction. I think this may be one of the few auctions on eBay where both the seller and the buyer are extremely happy with the result.

I think the seller got more than he ever expected out of this auction. I think this may be one of the few auctions on eBay where both the seller and the buyer are extremely happy with the result.

:exactly:

I'd have to agree with that. This being the rarest helm, the usual price of $699 - $799+ isn't realistic to me, just way overpriced. Then again I guess it depends on the buyer/want. I think what is sold for (both the helm & medallion) was a fair price.

Back