My 1/6 Scale Fallout Wastelander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VorghShayde

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Yep, here's another post-apocalypse survivor! We can't ever have too many, right? This guy was a lot of fun to put together. Brian at BlackOpsToys always teases me whenever I bring it in for a parts run, never believing that I haven't finished it yet. Truth is that I'll probably still be weathering it and adding parts forever!

One thing I really like is that I was able to fill every pouch with something useful. The three leather ones on his hip are from the 3A Lost Planet Mercenary, and I stuck 2 .308 Winchester mags to go with the Socom 16 rifle in each one. the hip holster has a mag in it, as do the three pistol mag pouches on the Omega vest. Even his satchel has four 5.56 mags, just in case he comes across something in that caliber during his journeys.

I modified the pants by adding the knee pads using superglue. They're not going anywhere. I sanded down the area that used to have a front sling swivel on the Socom 16, figuring he wouldn't want a sling; just one more thing to get caught on while climbing through ruins and running from raiders.

I took some of his design inspiration from Jawas and Tusken Raiders from Star Wars. The golden eyes peeking from under brown hood, as well as the wrapped head and mask that you can see in the last pic below.

Updated the Socom 16 with a real metal QD push button sling swivel cup. This allows the default sling swivel to be removed if desired easily and without anything protruding from the bottom of the stock. The original rear sling swivel broke off during the cross-country move last month to Virginia from Oregon. Decided to replace with ideas I got from the good folks at M14Forum.com. Here's what i came up with. Let me know what you think!)

[URL=https://s111.photobucket.com/user/Saber_Swift/media/20160217_0928241.jpg.html]

20160217_100549_0011.jpg
[/URL]

Yeah, I noticed that a bit too. Never played the game, but I always wanted to. If you look closely, some of the areas on the figure are outlined in black. That's an idea I got while playing Borderlands 1 and 2. I used a combination of acrylic paint and an enamel model marker to get the cel-shaded look I wanted.

Back