Mondo TMNT Leonardo review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I love it when I can do three sixth scale action figure reviews in one week, and all three are from different companies. It's a great time to be a collector! Tonight I'm checking out the Mondo Eastman design TMNT Leonardo that has just started shipping. You can find my review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-122316a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Christmas is just a few days away, and I'd love to wish everyone a Merry one, and I hope you and your family are having a wonderful holiday season, no matter which ones you might be celebrating. I wouldn't expect a review on Sunday/Monday, but I'll be back Tuesday night with something new. Thanks for reading!

review_mondoleo_4.jpg

Michael

The joints don't bother me, but you are right the price does. I know it's a fairly accurate representation of the printed image, but $150 for something that looks like figures my boy has in his toy box is a hard pill to swallow.

Not sure why they decided to make his ***** so prominent. Most companies use restraint when sculpting those.

I have to disagree with one point. When you say "You won't get anything in this scale for less than $100".
Hasbro just released three 12" or you can refer them as 1:6 scale Marvel action figures that cost about $60. From what I can see Captain America, Ironman and Spiderman don't seem too different than the Leonardo Mondo is offering.
Of course there's more paint and accessories applied for Leonardo but that should round it up to $100 and not $150.

From the onset, these were overpriced
Not much has changed from the proto to final production
If u are a tmnt fan and want a 1/6th comic version, then you pay the premium
To me, it's as simple as that

No regrets here, it's a great figure

I have to disagree with one point. When you say "You won't get anything in this scale for less than $100".
Hasbro just released three 12" or you can refer them as 1:6 scale Marvel action figures that cost about $60. From what I can see Captain America, Ironman and Spiderman don't seem too different than the Leonardo Mondo is offering.
Of course there's more paint and accessories applied for Leonardo but that should round it up to $100 and not $150.

Yea, quality is a huge difference. While those are worth noting - and I reviewed Spider-Man - there's no comparison in sculpt and paint quality. They really are just upsized Marvel Legends figures. This is not. But it is worth making the comparison.

Back