Mac Mason Kickstarter 1/6 Boy Adventurer (7 Days Left!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ODBJBG

Freakzoid
Reaction score

I'm not one to shill products or Kickstarters usually, but I really like this concept. It's a 1/6 scale (so smaller than 12 inches) boy adventurer figure in the concept of those classic literary heroes. A bit like the Adventure Team meets the Hardy Boys.

For $60 you can get him, his footlocker and a story book. Might be great for Grandparents (and Parents) looking to get their kids into 12 inch GI Joe or for someone looking for a good inspirational toy for their kids thats not some superhero or whatever. Great jumping off point.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1882390019/generation-grit?ref=nav_search

Looks like a pretty quality figure too. Of course, this Kickstarter only has a few days left and it's less than half way to it's goal... So it's going to take some rallying to get it there. But it is possible!

But I decided to back it. Figured someone here at the SideShow Freaks might be interested and I'm interested in seeing some more fun 1/6 scale stuff (This would be smaller than 12 inches since he's a kid) and something different. Love the retro feel, without being some sort of "retro" figure.

Love that he comes with a footlocker with some accessories and stuff. Nothing amazing, but the spirit is there.

The woman behind this has mostly been targeting Moms and not collectors and while I think that's cool, there's definitely something here for us adults who love this sort of thing. Especially as we try to ease kids into the hobby and don't necessarily want to give them $300 Hot Toys.

Cancelled but they will be relaunching maybe. Cool concept. The jacket look like Indys.

Its misguided, cant see any kid getting any joy from this.........Better aiming at schools as an educational.......thing!

Back