Live from scenic southern Indiana

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stat-u-man?

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello one and all. I've made a few posts here and there on the boards, but I don't think I've ever properly introduced myself. On the boards, I'm known by the nomenclature "stat-u-man"; in everyday, normal life (if there is such a thing) I'm a 52 year old comic and science-fiction geek and a collector of all sorts of stuff. My given name is Chris Weppler, but most people I know just have a tendency to call me Da Weppla, which is cool with me, too.

I don't have any Sideshow pieces in my collection as of yet, but I've got some Bowen statues and some really sweet Kotobukiya pieces as well as a couple of pieces from Gentle Giant. Odds are DARK PHOENIX will likely be the first SS piece I buy directly from Sideshow as I am a bit of a nut when it comes to the character of Jean Grey/Phoenix/Dark Phoenix. I'd love to acquire one of the XM Studios normal Phoenix statues, but they are a bit above my pay grade, so I'll just have to ogle them from afar.

In the "real" world, I'm a graphic designer, writer, culinary enthusiast and a mad painter of ceramic pieces, although I believe I am going to branch out into painting custom MEGO heads, as well.

Been married for twenty-three and a half years and have had the pleasures of enjoying seven dogs and ten cats, though not at the same time.

My daily grind is proofing, color correcting and cleaning up files for Standard Register as a Prepress Technician.

I enjoy a lot of different things; music, books, theater and movies/TV. Right now I'm all WHOvian all the time, but when the Doctor urge moves on, I find myself enjoying projects in the same general fields---science-fiction, fantasy, mystery and adventure.

I'd love to get to know more of you fine folks better so feel free to drop me a message and we'll have a fine chat.

Now, as Ten used to say---"Allon-sy!"

'bout time you introduced yourself. :wink1:

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show!
wavesmile.gif

Back