Life Sized Reaper (Blade 2) Commission

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dlesko

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I just finished Howard S Studio's Reaper bust for a client. It was a ton of work. The jaws were separate and had a lot of overpour at the bottom. Once cleaned they had gaps so large i could fit my pinky through it in places. I used cut down nails to pin them and then resculpted the area and redid the skin texture. The casting on this piece was horrible. Also, none of the inner teeth were included. The only ones that came with the kit were the regular teeth at the top of the mouth and the large fangs. I had to make all the others. I used nails as a base for the ones on the sides of the mouth and toothpicks for the ones on the tongue. I also modified the tongue and added the tentacles with small and large wire. The paintjob was tough, there isnt a lot of detail. My client wanted him bloody, so bloody he got :) What do you guys think?

Here you can see the gaps where the jaws went together and how i fixed them:

Here is the finished product:

Looks great! Though I think you went a little too crazy with the veins on the head, dont recall there being that many.

Agreed. I think they need to be a bit more subtle. With that being said, fantastic job!

I dunno, the veins look pretty spot on to me. Keep in mind the artists photos are with a bright light and the movie still is in dark lighting. Even with the dim lighting they're very pronounced.

Reaper.jpg

Yeah, that's one of the stills I used. There is another with a side view of him in the same light. The veins ate very pronounced and in this pattern. Trust me. I had to research this because my client is very particular :)

Wow! Magnificent sculpting! Not something I'd like in my house, but I'm sure your client will love the job you've done. He looks spot on. You are one talented guy!

Funny what people want huh? I can't recall the company but I saw one of those as a bust once and the distributor queried whether we'd like to order some in. I couldn't imagine anyone would want such a grim thing so I declined. I guess whoever made them knows better than me!

That's amazing work! I've seen a few high end reapers and they all look stellar, yours is no exception! :clap

The Blade license needs some love.

Back