Latest News on Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Blu-rays

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ANXIOUSLY waiting for these to show up on Blu-Ray. It helps that they seem to be on TBS/TNT in HD every month or so. Not crazy about dealing with the commercials, but I'll helps satisfy the fix until the finally get produced.

If anyone is still interested in the theatricals, my Best Buy still has the set with the sword for $75. That's still cheaper than what most others are selling it for and you get the sword.

I have zero interest in 20 hours of endless interviews, overexplained special effects explanations, and droning schematic design segments. Just give me the extended movies on three discs. I hate having to pay for all that extra stuff that I'll never have time to watch or care to view.

Don't care how long the wait is I will not buy the theatrical BR's. I will wait for these.

I HOPE that the other deleted scenes are included into the actual film some how,THAT, imo, would make the wait worth every minute! Other than that I have absolutely NO interest in more documentary content!

I HOPE that the other deleted scenes are included into the actual film some how,THAT, imo, would make the wait worth every minute! Other than that I have absolutely NO interest in more documentary content!

It would be great if they were able to incorporate the deleted scenes into the films but that would necessitate the re-working of the scores of the films. I wonder if WB would approve the $$ for Howard Shore to do that? Hopefully he would do it free, as a labor of love.

I'm getting closer to being able to watch these in HD. I picked up a Sony Blue-Ray player yesterday at a great price! Now I need an HDTV to hook it up to! (That comes later)

I will hold off on these until they release the ultimate set a couple of years from now. Until then my extended versions are more than suitable.

Back