Kerberos Panzerkorps Jagers - Stray Dog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyhargo Dirge

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought I’d share a Takara kitbash and the Hot Toys artist series - I think I may end up deep diving and trying to find a Dragon version, even though I don’t care for the breastplate on it. Enjoy!
63189FDB-94CE-40DF-B12F-18459F4AFD5F.jpeg
C0DF5540-3395-441B-B544-0678E6C76AE7.jpeg
DA25D96E-6CE8-4581-AA32-5E870B834C70.jpeg
988C555C-9218-45A6-A670-A59A535EB83B.jpeg

something is off with the HT mask/helmet sitting.

the takara pleather seems intact. Theres a newer 3rd party version with metal armor.

theres actually a big thread on onesixth if you want to know more.

for me i actually prefer the dragon last version despite not as advance as takara. 2nd would be medicom Jin Roh then the Takara male panzer.

the HT while sophisticated, is actually ranked pretty low for me. The bottom would be the 2 old Medicom Panzer cops, HT, Takara Antitank, Takara Midori.

I like the HT version just as much since it is the WWII German armour that the Japanese Kerberos Panzer Cop and JGSDF armours are later developed from. Hot Toys Kerberos Panzer Jager = WWII soldier, Takara Tetsurou Kai = Japanese military soldier and the rest are all members of the Japanese anti terrorist police special unit. Each from its own time/location. The more ornate German armour actually works very well given the origin of it in the continuity.

Having said that, the quality of most of the old Medicom Kerberos figures was pretty bad. They took Kaiyodo model kits and cut them to fit on the base bodies. The result left a lot to be desired.

The Takara re-design Male Panzer Cop and JGSDF were really the coolest looking of them all. The late Medicom Red Spectacles version is actually kinda nice also despite the body and the Medicom Jin Roh is the most iconic since the Anime is an absolute classic. Shame the Korean remake didn't get figures.

I like the HT version just as much since it is the WWII German armour that the Japanese Kerberos Panzer Cop and JGSDF armours are later developed from. Hot Toys Kerberos Panzer Jager = WWII soldier, Takara Tetsurou Kai = Japanese military soldier and the rest are all members of the Japanese anti terrorist police special unit. Each from its own time/location. The more ornate German armour actually works very well given the origin of it in the continuity.

Having said that, the quality of most of the old Medicom Kerberos figures was pretty bad. They took Kaiyodo model kits and cut them to fit on the base bodies. The result left a lot to be desired.

The Takara re-design Male Panzer Cop and JGSDF were really the coolest looking of them all. The late Medicom Red Spectacles version is actually kinda nice also despite the body and the Medicom Jin Roh is the most iconic since the Anime is an absolute classic. Shame the Korean remake didn't get figures.
there was a 3rd party with metal armor when the korean movie launched. not sure if it is a copy of takara or new armor.

jin roh figure kinda suck that the armors are actually translucent black and articulation sucks but with the kazuki fuse head and museum pose he still looks very close to the show.

there was a 3rd party with metal armor when the korean movie launched. not sure if it is a copy of takara or new armor.

jin roh figure kinda suck that the armors are actually translucent black and articulation sucks but with the kazuki fuse head and museum pose he still looks very close to the show.
The 3rd party ones are direct copies of the Takara ones so not based on the Korean film and the quality is not great as all the metal parts tend to come unglued and fall off the figure. I saw a couple for sale in Japan and they were in a right state due to that. Had the 3rd party just done plastic armour they would have been fine.

Yeah the Jin Roh Medicom figure def is dated and I also have one with slightly translucent armour but the rest of mine are more opaque so I think it was likely a production issue on a handful of them. The Kaiyodo kit the armour is from has very good snd accurate sculpt so I have seen some customisers create some excellent custom versions built on HT bodies before and they looked great.

Nice to see some Jin-Roh luv. Had these two for a long while now.
53470609546_ed4bcf45b0_b.jpg
Did you change the base bodies? The one I posted would scale to like 6’6” and the best I can tell is that it’s ankle extenders and the long neck. I hate the magnetic heads.

Did you change the base bodies? The one I posted would scale to like 6’6” and the best I can tell is that it’s ankle extenders and the long neck. I hate the magnetic heads.
Well, it is a tall German elite soldier so I don't mind the height unless you have a group of them, in which case swapping out the ankle pegs should be enough for variety.

They're stock bodies, I did alter the heads for the helmets to sit a lot lower. They're also glued permanently to the head sculpts. One helmet and mask i used is from the base. I too dislike the magnetic heads. Never understood that design choice, HT did the same with their DX Darth Maul sadly.

They're stock bodies, I did alter the heads for the helmets to sit a lot lower. They're also glued permanently to the head sculpts. One helmet and mask i used is from the base. I too dislike the magnetic heads. Never understood that design choice, HT did the same with their DX Darth Maul sadly.
I dislike the HT Maul for the same reason. PERS aside, I prefer SSC’s later maul to the HT version on the basis of the magnet alone. I appreciate the disclosure. I pulled out the faux chain and I thought that might have caused the armor to sit a lot lower. Your PzrKps look great

Back