Just got a PF Captain America - need advice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe one of those whitey pens or whatever you use to get dirt stains on white cloth would work. There's gotta be a way to touch these lil spots up.

I think there was a thread about this from months ago.

I would be interested to hear the results if any brave soul tried a cleaning pen.

Thanks for all the replies guys! To be honest I cannot completely tell what the heck the problem is. To the naked eye it looks almost like his shirt got rolled around in the dirt because the white area look almost a little brownish. However I think that the explanation of rubbing against the foam seems to make since - it's just a shame since besides this I think it's an amazing item.

As for my laundry list - haha. I have a PF Thor coming my way (at some point I hope) and I've also picked up a spiderman, indy, hellboy. Of course right now I only have the Cap in-hand.

These suckers are HUGE! I never expected the box to be so big and the piece inside so heavy. Space is quickly becoming an issue and for now Cap is put at the very top of this heavy wooden tower that I have on each side of my tv.

I wake up each day and almost feel like an addict. Instead of enjoying the pieces I already have, I find myself going online (here mainly) to see if I can get the next one! I already have my eye on a PF Anakin.

I'd better stop before I get into debt! Each time I tell myself - just this last one and I'll be happy ... except that was 5 statues ago!

Ha ha that's the bug my friend the Sideshow Flu, yeah if they would only make statues that suck really bad then it can be an easy pass for me but even just a few that are plain awesome hurt the wallet once they start coming in n a row.

One rule to follow : no credit card rule directly from SS

I think there was a thread about this from months ago.

I would be interested to hear the results if any brave soul tried a cleaning pen.

Yeah I remember the thread as well they were saying that the old glue is what causes the dirtiness as well. Something about the glue over time coming through the white areas.

Thanks for all the replies guys! To be honest I cannot completely tell what the heck the problem is. To the naked eye it looks almost like his shirt got rolled around in the dirt because the white area look almost a little brownish. However I think that the explanation of rubbing against the foam seems to make since - it's just a shame since besides this I think it's an amazing item.

As for my laundry list - haha. I have a PF Thor coming my way (at some point I hope) and I've also picked up a spiderman, indy, hellboy. Of course right now I only have the Cap in-hand.

These suckers are HUGE! I never expected the box to be so big and the piece inside so heavy. Space is quickly becoming an issue and for now Cap is put at the very top of this heavy wooden tower that I have on each side of my tv.

I wake up each day and almost feel like an addict. Instead of enjoying the pieces I already have, I find myself going online (here mainly) to see if I can get the next one! I already have my eye on a PF Anakin.

I'd better stop before I get into debt! Each time I tell myself - just this last one and I'll be happy ... except that was 5 statues ago!
:lecture :lecture :lecture

l346d8b590000_1_23372.jpg

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Hi everyone.

I'm still new here and trying to catch up to the amazing collections that a lot of you have :lol Needless to say I have a lot of work ahead of me.

I recently picked up a Sideshow Premium Format Regular Captain America and it finally came in today. I paid quite a bit for this guy and it is my first PF piece.

So I opened the box and immediately knew something was odd. The entire piece was already assembled minus the base. I was afraid there might be some damage but everything look ok (phew!).

However I did notice that the front of his shirt was a bit messed up. Specifically the area with the alternating white and red stripes. I took a pretty lousy picture of this with my phone so you guys could see what I was talking about.

My guess is that the item was on display and they just packed it up once I bought in online. I was hoping someone could offer me some advice on how to clean this up (if it's even possible!). I guess this is better than having something broken, but at the same time given the amount of money I spent I was hoping for an item in mint condition. Online they did say it was brand new and I'd hate to send it back since they don't even have another one to give me in exchange.

I'm thinking there should be a way for me to clean this up but I'll be honest - I'm a complete noob when it comes to these things and I'm scared out of my mind to wreck it even more.

Your suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated :angelsmil

Thanks,
Steve

congratulations on picking up one of the best or if not not best PF's there is. Me, im never selling mine. It's probably going to the grave with me :lol

Haha - I know what you mean. I am a pack rat and never get rid of anything. But I can't see myself letting go of this or any other premium format piece.

Now I just wish there was a good place in Canada to buy these from. I prefer buying from a Canadian online store because then shipping is cheaper and I don't have to pay customs. Of course many online retailers hit you with either a 5% or 13% tax which in some cases makes it just as bad as getting it from the US.

I already know that I will never get a Doom PF or Iron Man comiquette. The prices are crazy and out of my league!!

I was about to pull the trigger on my first PF (Thor) Tuesday moring, but right before I did my pre-order for the 1960's Cap shield came through, so that put me off another month or so. But I can see myself getting addicted to these pretty soon.

I was about to pull the trigger on my first PF (Thor) Tuesday moring, but right before I did my pre-order for the 1960's Cap shield came through, so that put me off another month or so. But I can see myself getting addicted to these pretty soon.

I wish SS would give notifications off their conversions because that really throws it off and they just automatically ship and charge your account. I had a Predator Dio I do that to me once a long time ago.

Now I just Flex so I have a schedule.

I paid premium price for those two because I just started collecting last year....

All I can say they are so worth more than 15 of my other statues combine :)

There are no words to describe in owning your own grail statue. It's worth the money for those feelings :)

I already know that I will never get a Doom PF or Iron Man comiquette. The prices are crazy and out of my league!!

Hey Steve, sorry you had that issue with it. If you decide to return it, and get your funds back, I have two Cap Am Exc. I am thinking of selling the second one, a #19 I think. PM if you are interested, I am located in Canada.

Thanks for the offer Batman29! I figured it's not worth the hassle to try and return it so I think I'll be keeping it. Plus it seems hard to find ... especially if you're in Canada.

I am also looking for some other PF - Leonidas EX PF, Wolverine Comiquette, Anakin PF ... these are the only ones that come to mind at the moment.

If you have any of these for sale please let me know :monkey5

On a side note where do you get your PFs? Directly from Sideshow?

Hey Steve, sorry you had that issue with it. If you decide to return it, and get your funds back, I have two Cap Am Exc. I am thinking of selling the second one, a #19 I think. PM if you are interested, I am located in Canada.

Older stuff some fellow freaks have helped me out on this forum and the newer stuff is all directly from SS, hopefully I will be soon caught up on all the older stuff so I don't have to pay premium prices on the catch up game. Get them close to release time and it'll save you a bundle.

Older stuff some fellow freaks have helped me out on this forum and the newer stuff is all directly from SS, hopefully I will be soon caught up on all the older stuff so I don't have to pay premium prices on the catch up game. Get them close to release time and it'll save you a bundle.

:lecture QFT

I'm sure most of us here have kicked themsleves for passing on stuff when it came out. I remember seeing a Doom PF at a LCS years back and thinking "300?? That's crazy!!"

Wouldn't even think twice about dropping that much on something like that today. :lol

I think I will be finally caught up if I can pick up a Wolverine Comiquette (regular will do fine), Leonidas Ex, and an Anakin Reg/Ex.

Doom would be nice ... but that's just a dream at this point ;) I saw one on sale here recently for a cool $1000 but there's just no way I can swing that.

I also saw some other pieces in this forum - but I don't think they are sideshow? There is a really cool Colossus and Juggernaut that I saw pics for but I think they are custom made?

I just hope Sideshow slows down or makes stuff I don't like. My GF is already making me feel guilty and she thinks my new obession is weird :)

I just got my Thor piece on Friday and the sucker is HUGE! I spent all morning today trying to find a damn place to put the guy. I think from base to hammer he measures in at around 32 inches tall which is insane!

Now to find space for Spiderman, Indiana Jones and Hellboy which I have coming in (all next week I hope).

I think I will be finally caught up if I can pick up a Wolverine Comiquette (regular will do fine), Leonidas Ex, and an Anakin Reg/Ex.

Doom would be nice ... but that's just a dream at this point ;) I saw one on sale here recently for a cool $1000 but there's just no way I can swing that.

I also saw some other pieces in this forum - but I don't think they are sideshow? There is a really cool Colossus and Juggernaut that I saw pics for but I think they are custom made?

I just hope Sideshow slows down or makes stuff I don't like. My GF is already making me feel guilty and she thinks my new obession is weird :)

I just got my Thor piece on Friday and the sucker is HUGE! I spent all morning today trying to find a damn place to put the guy. I think from base to hammer he measures in at around 32 inches tall which is insane!

Now to find space for Spiderman, Indiana Jones and Hellboy which I have coming in (all next week I hope).

Congrats on the Thor, I remember the first day I got him, he does set the size bar up high for any PF afterwards :rock

Wow, got Indy, HBoy and Spidey coming huh? What Spidey did u end up getting?

Thanks for the offer Batman29! I figured it's not worth the hassle to try and return it so I think I'll be keeping it. Plus it seems hard to find ... especially if you're in Canada.

I am also looking for some other PF - Leonidas EX PF, Wolverine Comiquette, Anakin PF ... these are the only ones that come to mind at the moment.

If you have any of these for sale please let me know :monkey5

On a side note where do you get your PFs? Directly from Sideshow?

I got my collectables from many places. My first was from ebay, then this forum and statue forum (I cannot say enough good things about most of the people on this forum, they have been awesome!). Another avenue I took was getting a ebay by the id The Creative Shopper to help me find pieces I wanted (Wow, she has been spectacular in finding pieces for me). And when they come from outside the US, the brokerage fees can get expensive.

Recently, I have been able to find some people within Canada to buy from, and from Calgary's local Chinpook Hobbies, and ComiKazi. Chinook Hobbies is the distributer for Sideshow, and found that it can be cheaper to buy from them because you are not paying the shipping fees.

I have doubles of some statues I am selling (sometimes I get ones that I already have, but say I found one with signatures, or was an edition number of a first appearance). For example I have a SS Exc Hulk and the SS Reg Hulk I will be selling because I was able to get one of each signed by Stan Lee with pics.

Congrats on Captain, Steve (despite the cloth rub.) I wouldn't worry about it too much.

You have an AWESOME PF. I own this one as well, and it's one of my favorites.

This hobby is so addicting as you have already figured out. I start a few years ago and it's been all downhill from there. Make sure to post some pictures of your collection when you get the chance.

Back