Just a quick question regarding some sideshow figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Aspilonker

Freakalicious
Reaction score
A while ago, I sold all my Sideshow Clone Commanders, to a good friend, due to pandemic crisis he is willing to sell me back all 6 commanders the price for all 6 is $2000 USD.
If I recall correctly they were Baccara, Gree, Bly, Neyo, Wolffe,Cody, all EX versions. what do you think?
worth to have 'em back?

Although Hot Toys have released a few clones, with more on the way, there isn't any hint that they'll get around to Baccara, Gree, Bly, Neyo or Wolffe anytime soon.
We have Cody from them of course.
Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us, but they've got a lot on their plate, a lot of Star Wars coming up with Boba, Mandalorian, Andor, Ahsoka and Kenobi. Then after that we're getting a movie from that Taika guy. Not likely to get a Baccara anytime soon. Out of the lot, I would guess Wolffe most likely as he will quite possibly pop up in Bad Batch.

Honestly, it is up to you, I'm not sure the prices that the Sideshow clones are going for off the top of my head, but I do know Wolffe is probably the one that demands the most but I don't see that bunch being worth $2k. Maybe take a quick look through eBay and see the latest sales on the figures?

However, I don't seem them getting to the ROTS Clone Commanders anytime soon though. There were rumors of Wolffe being made by Hot Toys over the summer, but nothing has come up since then.

I'd also track down the Cody HT over the SS one, it is such a huge improvement, they usually go for like $375-$450 now on eBay last I check.

I agree. The decision is ultimately yours. If you want them back, then that is not a terrible price as Sideshow clones can still be pricey. Especially ones that haven't been made by Hot Toys yet.

Wolffe alone usually goes for about $500 used on eBay. The rest between $300-400. Exclusive or not doesn't make a huge difference with these value wise as they were just exclusive stands.

Having Cody in the lot makes it a little problematic as it would be better to have the Hot Toys one. I still have my Sideshow Cody but the Hot Toys version is no comparison to it.

$2000 would get you a Hot Toys Cody, a Hot Toys Rex, and a couple of Hot Toys 501st and Coruscant Guard.

Hot Toys is taking a slow approach with Clones which is good as it helps mitigate Clone fatigue that burdened Sideshow's line in the later years, but I imagine they'll eventually release the various Clone Commanders.

Not saying that alone should be a deciding factor for whether you get these back or not. You'll have them all now as opposed to years from now. And they still display just fine.

But you'll have to consider what you'd do with them if Hot Toys does make the same Clones. Do you sell them as they come out with diminished values? Or do you keep them as a separate Sideshow Clone collection?

I don't think you'll see those from HT for years if ever. If you want those guys, I'd get them.

I have Sideshow Wolffe, Rex Phase II, Cody, Bacara, and Gree and i wouldn't trade them for anything. Yes, i know the Hot Toys Cody and Rex are far superior but they look great on my shelf as is. I see no reason to upgrade my Cody and Rex to Hot Toys. The Sideshows have their flaws, and the paint and sculpting is nowhere near as good but they look great on their own in my opinion. Here's a pic of my clones. I love them.

Attachments

• 20200630_124308.jpg
    20200630_124308.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 60
I have Sideshow Wolffe, Rex Phase II, Cody, Bacara, and Gree and i wouldn't trade them for anything. Yes, i know the Hot Toys Cody and Rex are far superior but they look great on my shelf as is. I see no reason to upgrade my Cody and Rex to Hot Toys. The Sideshows have their flaws, and the paint and sculpting is nowhere near as good but they look great on their own in my opinion. Here's a pic of my clones. I love them.
Really? The Hot Toys Cody and Rex being “far superior,” and the paint and sculpting being “nowhere near as good” sound like pretty great reasons to upgrade to me. :)

I just mean that Hot Toys overall are far better than Sideshow. Their Clones though were actually executed very well for the time and turned out great.

Most people dont know that Sideshow made their armored figures in collaborstion with Hot Toys back in the day, hence the jump in quality overall.

I don't own clone troopers, but the Hot Toys Stormies and Sandies were a big improvement over the Sideshow ones, no more floppy bodies, no more tiny cod pieces, no more loose armor and wide chest plate, no more weird looking helmets (HT helmets are not perfect, but still better than SSC). Maybe SSC clones are better than the SSC Stormies overall, dunno, but if I was to collect clones, I'd look into HT's where possible.

Sideshow Clones were FAR better than their earlier attempts on the stormtroopers. No comparison.

Sorry for this late response (seems like my phone is still trying to publish my previous response :sleep:), thanks to all who commented...
I'm thinking I will pass on them... but.... If any one is interested let me know I think each figure will go like $ 335 USD plus Shipping from Mexico.

Back