John Lennon Molecule8 figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's been a long time - looong time - coming, but the Molecule8 John Lennon is now here! He's an interesting release, and I bet there will be lots and lots of debate on this one for almost as long. My review is here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-071818a.htm

or you can find it with the rest at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

review_lennon_10.jpg

Your assessment sounds about what I was expecting; not a disaster, but not what was promised. Now to decide if I want spend $300+ or wait for some discount.

Nice first try, some very cool stuff like the magnet base/boots and accessories, but that tiny head... wow... It looks so weird. Like, LSD weird.

And i'm not sure all the effort put in the body was really worth it. I mean, just use a regular body and cut the price to 200$.

Nice first try, some very cool stuff like the magnet base/boots and accessories, but that tiny head... wow... It looks so weird. Like, LSD weird.

And i'm not sure all the effort put in the body was really worth it. I mean, just use a regular body and cut the price to 200$.

Yea the body is a big mistake. They definitely could have cut the cost with a jointed body. And even if you were to use the naked body elsewhere it’s ugly and doesn’t look realistic.

Thanks Mchael, interesting review after the journey this release has had. Of all the things to get wrong on a figure, the scale of the head/s and major accessory really does betray the novice nature of the company. 300 US translates into a $400 figure in Oz... even with the potential for a second figure the lack of finesse overall makes that price too steep for me.

The scaling of everything always makes me wonder about production. Why does this happen? Does the translation from sculpt to vinyl shrink that much? Kim has been working in the industry for awhile, so why didn't she scale up for the loss? Or are there that many variants from factory to factory?

The scaling of everything always makes me wonder about production. Why does this happen? Does the translation from sculpt to vinyl shrink that much? Kim has been working in the industry for awhile, so why didn't she scale up for the loss? Or are there that many variants from factory to factory?

The sculpt was done before the body wasn't it? Could be that it was dramatically undersized regardless, but the body they came up with was huge once the silicon was slapped on that skeleton.

I think Lejuan is pretty close to the situation. If they had been using a traditional body, I'm sure Kim's sculpt would have been much more accurate. Like I said in the review, I popped it (sorta) on a slim TT and the head looked a lot better. unfortunately, the clothes are baggy. They were still developing this new body, and the skin is quite thick and bulky over the metal skeleton. I'm betting they also had the most delays and issues around the body, and I wouldn't be surprised if they jumped the gun on the easier stuff like creating the molds and casting the heads, thinking they could get ahead on them while they worked out the kinks with the body.

Back