JND Studios: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - 1:3 Harrison Ford and Sean Connery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, after these latest photos, the hand is the least of its problems; the face looks horrid. Those "lumps" that are supposed to be his frown, are out of control.

I'm with cking... buyers remorse big time after these shots :(

This is hands down the worst JND product, that face is something else, they need to completely redo it and the hand. If I was buying it I'd probably cancel.

Connery looks great as always.

Last edited:
This is hands down the worst JND product, that face is something else, they need to completely redo it and the hand. If I was buying it I'd probably cancel.

Connery looks great as always.

For JND's "worst" work - so far, there's a few contenders for the title - in no particular order, I'd say:
  1. Arwen
  2. Arthur Fleck
  3. Superman - Reeves
  4. Indiana Jones
  5. Ledger Joker
People will have other, or more candidates, I'm sure - but these are the ones I can't defend. I've got Arwen on pre-order, mainly because I love the hyper realism, and I collect (mainly) female pieces.....but I don't see Liv Tyler in that piece at all.....so, while I might buy it for *reasons* - I have to admit, it fails at its primary objective.

If only my biggest problem was having 3k to throw away on a statue I don’t really like the look of but figure I’ll just get for ‘reasons’ anyway.
1703207758671.gif

If only my biggest problem was having 3k to throw away on a statue I don’t really like the look of but figure I’ll just get for ‘reasons’ anyway.
View attachment 679855

😂😂 - I like the look of Arwen, I just don't think it looks like Arwen. Plus, when you put it like that, and considering nobody needs to buy figures or statues....there's actually very few (significant) "reasons" to buy a statue full stop - other than, ultimately, you simply want it.

Indy is good from the side view, at least. Connery is amazing... But ultimately these are very expensive dollies.

Some more amazing works of art from Full Metal Customs (Jon de Guzman & Dave Park). Here's the 1/3 scale Raiders belts and holster for my JND statue conversion. (The military pants belt will be cut to the correct length once I've got it onto the statue to see how long it should be).

Attachments

• ROTLA-12.jpg
    ROTLA-12.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ROTLA-13.jpg
    ROTLA-13.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ROTLA-14.jpg
    ROTLA-14.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Very nice @cking :clap

Not sure if anyone was able to catch the YouTube live last night/this morning before it went private, but from what I was able to hear before it cut off, Daniel mentioned that the sculpt may be getting worked on up until production starts. And that Indy is currently last in line for what they have on the production line at the moment so there's still time to maybe have the headsculpt tweaked.

Thanks! The coloring was one of the most important parts that I wanted to be right and I think they did a great job.

Awesome to hear that JND will be continuing to work on the sculpt until production. I think they realize that the Connery sculpt surpasses Indy, so I have some faith (a leap of faith) that they'll make Indy look better.

Here's the Raiders bag strap with a PERFECT metal buckle. So, I'm all set for my conversion and just need to wait for the statue to be released now!

Attachments

• ROTLA-15.jpg
    ROTLA-15.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Very nice @cking :clap

Not sure if anyone was able to catch the YouTube live last night/this morning before it went private, but from what I was able to hear before it cut off, Daniel mentioned that the sculpt may be getting worked on up until production starts. And that Indy is currently last in line for what they have on the production line at the moment so there's still time to maybe have the headsculpt tweaked.
Positive news.
I sent them a very polite constructive email with links to a few different forums to show opinion was wide spread that the sculpt needed work. No response :D

Unlike others, I don’t think it’s awful, but glad they’re going to work on tweaking it more.

Positive news.
I sent them a very polite constructive email with links to a few different forums to show opinion was wide spread that the sculpt needed work. No response :D

Unlike others, I don’t think it’s awful, but glad they’re going to work on tweaking it more.

The Indy could use some work but I would not be upset if the final product looked like the proto - it's decent.

On the other hand, I would be upset if the Superman 78 Reeve sculpt does not get revised in the final product. But that Clark Kent looks so great.

How does JND nail the Clark but not the Superman? :huh

The Indy could use some work but I would not be upset if the final product looked like the proto - it's decent.

On the other hand, I would be upset if the Superman 78 Reeve sculpt does not get revised in the final product. But that Clark Kent looks so great.

How does JND nail the Clark but not the Superman? :huh

I think the Superman looks good and can’t see why people have a problem.
If they could get Indy to that level I’d be happy.
We all see something different in sculpts!

JND have already mentioned that they don't feel the problem was with the sculpt itself, but instead with the hair, which they say they're fixing in the production.
I think the Superman looks good and can’t see why people have a problem.
If they could get Indy to that level I’d be happy.
We all see something different in sculpts!
Agreed. Don't really have a problem with the Superman sculpt either. Clark is the clear winner, but the Superman one is no slouch either IMO.

I now have all of the pieces I need to be able to convert the JND statue into a Raiders version. REALLY pleased with how all of these items have turned out! :)
Final adjustment to the length of the pants belt will need to be done after I've got the statue in hand so I don't make the belt too short. The Fedora will also need to be adjusted once I can measure the head properly on the statue to make sure it looks and fits a whole lot better than what JND have done on their prototype.
The photo on the right hand side was taken outdoors in natural daylight (cloudy). Photo on the left has "daylight" spotlights on it making everything look a bit brighter / lighter than it actually appears in person.

Attachments

• 20240403_164201.jpg
    20240403_164201.jpg
    969.9 KB · Views: 0
I now have all of the pieces I need to be able to convert the JND statue into a Raiders version. REALLY pleased with how all of these items have turned out! :)
Final adjustment to the length of the pants belt will need to be done after I've got the statue in hand so I don't make the belt too short. The Fedora will also need to be adjusted once I can measure the head properly on the statue to make sure it looks and fits a whole lot better than what JND have done on their prototype.
very cool! Will be great to see it all put together in about a year

Back