JND Studios: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - 1:3 Harrison Ford and Sean Connery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe Strain just completed my 1/3 scale version of the 10ft Raiders whip (based on accurate measurements taken from an actual screen used Raiders whip), so I can replace the lacklustre version that JND are including with the Indy statue.
Also got a beautiful Raiders Fedora 3D printed at 1/3 scale too, so will just need to refine the opening to make it a perfect fit onto the statue's head after I can measure it accurately. Full Metal Customs (Jon De Guzman) is going to make a 1/3 scale pants belt, gun belt and holster too, so I'm almost there (apart from the bag strap and buckle) to do my Raiders upgrade. Yes, I know the jacket is Last Crusade with the stud fastener, but I'm not bothered as overall, I think the piece will look Raiders enough for my tastes after these upgrades (and Daniel at JND Studios should be receiving the accurate colored pants fabric this week so hopefully the final production statue that we receive will have the correct colored pants).

Attachments

• Joe Strain-Third Scale Indy Bullwhip-Chris King-231123.jpg
    Joe Strain-Third Scale Indy Bullwhip-Chris King-231123.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231123_222029.jpg
    20231123_222029.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231123_222244.jpg
    20231123_222244.jpg
    731 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Joe Strain just completed my 1/3 scale version of the 10ft Raiders whip (based on accurate measurements taken from an actual screen used Raiders whip), so I can replace the lacklustre version that JND are including with the Indy statue.
Also got a beautiful Raiders Fedora 3D printed at 1/3 scale too, so will just need to refine the opening to make it a perfect fit onto the statue's head after I can measure it accurately. Full Metal Customs (Jon De Guzman) is going to make a 1/3 scale pants belt, gun belt and holster too, so I'm almost there (apart from the bag strap and buckle) to do my Raiders upgrade. Yes, I know the jacket is Last Crusade with the stud fastener, but I'm not bothered as overall, I think the piece will look Raiders enough for my tastes after these upgrades (and Daniel at JND Studios should be receiving the accurate colored pants fabric this week so hopefully the final production statue that we receive will have the correct colored pants).
That’ll be really cool to see once done! And with you starting early, you’ll be ready to reassemble by the time the statue is released

Damn that whip is pretty!

Thanks! Yes, starting early was my plan so I've got everything ready to go apart from the final tweaks and paintjob on the hat once I can actually measure the statue's head size. The work that Joe Strain has done on the 1/3 scale whip just blew me away. It looks like a photo of a full size whip. Beautiful work. Joe was really proud of how it turned out (and rightly so).

Nice email from JND Studios Marketing Director - Daniel Na. Today they received the accurate Indy trousers / pants fabric that I shipped to them for reference to improve their statue. :)

Attachments

• Message from Daniel Na.JPG
    Message from Daniel Na.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 0
Amazing customs and nice you're helping them out! If you have any other ways of making more of these for us to want to upgrade or how we can get the same I'd love that!

For the 1/3 whip, I just reached out to Joseph Strain at the Northern Whip Co. It was completed and shipped in 2 weeks. Brilliant service.
For the hat - I can certainly ask for more to be printed (I'm not sure if the artist is a member here but will find out). However, there's no point doing it at the moment because we'll need to wait until I have the statue in hand so I can take accurate measurements of the head to ensure that it fits properly and doesn't look over-sized like the JND Studios version does currently. I just got this one printed to get an idea of the size and also to test out some colors for painting and weathering techniques.

I'd love a tie as well.
There is an old Sideshow concept sketch for a Last Crusade Premium Format they never made. I can't find it anymore but its basically this, complete with gun:

1701323178570.png

Looks similar to the PO proto pics. The Sean Connery looks just as good but I Indy gets tweaked still.

I just bought the Grail chalice prop replica (Regal Robot) to pair with these statues - its not to scale but thought it would complement the set.

Ugh. Starting to get buyers remorse looking at those pics. :(
For the price they're charging for this, they should be offering two portraits - one with an accurately fitting hat that doesn't need to sit over the full head of hair, and one without the hat on. Trying to get the solid hat to fit onto the Silicone head is never going t work and it just looks out of scale. I will be glad to upgrade that hat with the Raiders one which should hopefully look (and fit) better.

The eyebrow area reminds me of John Hamm. Ford has more wavy eyebrows when he tries to make that expression. I think his entire face should be wider as well.

I love the color of the shirt though -- it has that "tan in some light/gray in others" quality to it.

Yes, his face definitely looks too thin. Hopefully that's just lens distortion as I can't believe they would produce something so clearly off from all the reference photos they've referred to. The hat being too wide also doesn't do the face width any favors. I look forward to seeing the correct pants color on the final production piece as this current color is way off. Jacket and shirt look excellent though

Just my HMO, the expressions on the headsculpts look like two celebs who are asked to pose for for a picture that they don’t really want to .

Back