JND Studios: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - 1:3 Harrison Ford and Sean Connery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I want this- but I thought it was too big and expensive when I considered buying from OSK and, now the deluxe is up in the U.K. for a whopping $6,233.73, I definitely need to keep my cool and just pray for InArt to get the license some day- or for HT to finally make good on actually having the license.

Yeah, Indy only. The Connery is mind blowing good, but I couldn't justify spending the extra when I don't really want a Henry Sr. And justifying the spend on the Indy only has been a struggle when I'm not 100% on it.

I'm blaming Darth! His comments gave me fomo for the first time in my life!!!! :ROFLMAO:
My apologies brotha, I only have one JnD piece and have always been critical of their sculpts as they’re never dead on, but the lack of success from Dial and this not selling out could be a sleeper piece that could be pricey down the road to score. I was tempted by the Cinemaquette for years and glad I waited but we’re talking almost two decades since that and we may not see another high end piece for another set of years. Besides, you’ll thank me when you have in hand haha. Congrats and cheers!

My apologies brotha, I only have one JnD piece and have always been critical of their sculpts as they’re never dead on, but the lack of success from Dial and this not selling out could be a sleeper piece that could be pricey down the road to score. I was tempted by the Cinemaquette for years and glad I waited but we’re talking almost two decades since that and we may not see another high end piece for another set of years. Besides, you’ll thank me when you have in hand haha. Congrats and cheers!

I think this Indiana Jones piece not selling out, is the wake up call that JND needed. 2023 has been an absolute disaster for JND - in my opinion. First there was the Arwen debacle (even though I like the piece, there's no denying it fails as a Liv Tyler likeness), followed by the terrible Reeves Superman, now this Indiana catastrophe. Through all of this, JND are acting like everything is just fine - and to be fair to them, based on their website sales, they could be forgiven for thinking the "hate" - is just your typical internet noise......but, when it hits your bottom line, and your product just sits on the shelf.....that's a clear message no company can ignore.

Hell, most people here are buying out of FOMO, or straight up desperation because they're thirsty for anything Indiana Jones related - they clean come out and say "this piece isn't great....but" - and that's really nothing JND should be proud of.....it's like getting a "mercy f@×k" because you're the last available warm body in the club at the end of the night.....

I hope this motivates JND to respond better to the community feedback, and while that means sifting through a storm of noise, it will pay off in the long run. I hope this also forces them to look at their pricing model. We're seeing other companies producing equal levels of good work for way less (Blitzway Geralt) - and if that means ditching silicone, then so be it....

I hope the complaints get resolved in showing better accuracy. It's a monopoly we see with many franchises and high end collecting. Similar to Sideshow having the 'high end' statue/figure license in the states. I hope Blitzway can turn that around because SS hasn't done much lately and their PF aren't the best. JND is doing similar since no competition with this franchise. It's sad that's what we're forced to if we want high end Indy, but I hope they can revisit the sculpt. I won't be upset but they should be better at updating with this price. It's a catch-22.

I'm actually really encouraged by JND's willingness to improve this piece based on the direct discussions I've been having with Daniel from JND. He has passed on my suggestions and reference material to James Park and the sculptor and I am shipping out the accurate coloured fabric sample to him next week, so at the very least, the pants should get updated. They're also stating that the likeness will continue to be improved as they move along through the process before manufacturing. It's not often you can get this type of hands on feedback from the company who is making the piece, so I'm thankful to them for being open about it and actually responding with positive communication.

I'm actually really encouraged by JND's willingness to improve this piece based on the direct discussions I've been having with Daniel from JND. He has passed on my suggestions and reference material to James Park and the sculptor and I am shipping out the accurate coloured fabric sample to him next week, so at the very least, the pants should get updated. They're also stating that the likeness will continue to be improved as they move along through the process before manufacturing. It's not often you can get this type of hands on feedback from the company who is making the piece, so I'm thankful to them for being open about it and actually responding with positive communication.

That's great to hear! Keep at 'em with the hat now! :D
...tweaking sculpts ia a huge task but tweaking that hat is really not.

Last edited:
They aren't likely to change the likeness. Can you even do that once people have put their money down?

If I've paid thousands for the statue as it is, and then you change the headsculpt to something else (that, for arguments sake, I may really dislike), haven't you given me rightful grounds for a full refund? It is no longer what I purchased.

I think it is what is, bar some tinkering around the edges.

I have big FOMO on this one, but I'm keeping it in check, as I won't paty that huge amount of money for something that looks closer to Scott Bakula in an Indy suit.

Shipped the correct coloured pants fabric to Daniel at JND today. He said that he will give it to the appropriate person in the JND art department for their use, so fingers crossed they don't let their ego get in the way of making the necessary adjustment on the choice of colour for the statue's pants. :)

Any chance you could ask if they plan on making Indy in sixth scale too please 🙏

IIRC, JND mentioned in the past they would eventually get into 1/6 market.

Hoping JND hold offs for now, I’m already having a difficult time keeping up with all the InArt 1/6 figures at $400 to $1,000 per figure(s).

Imagine the premium JND will charge for 1/6 silicone figures - their entry price might be at least $700 (considering InArt is charging approx. $500 for rooted hair but no silicone).

They aren't likely to change the likeness. Can you even do that once people have put their money down?

If I've paid thousands for the statue as it is, and then you change the headsculpt to something else (that, for arguments sake, I may really dislike), haven't you given me rightful grounds for a full refund? It is no longer what I purchased.

I think it is what is, bar some tinkering around the edges.

I have big FOMO on this one, but I'm keeping it in check, as I won't paty that huge amount of money for something that looks closer to Scott Bakula in an Indy suit.

Yeah they can change pretty much anything within reason. From the product page:

Notice:
● Product images are of the prototype sample
● Minor product details are subject to change without further notice

And most companies will let have some sort of ‘return with X’ days but won’t cover shipping.

Yeah they can change pretty much anything within reason. From the product page:

Notice:
● Product images are of the prototype sample
● Minor product details are subject to change without further notice

And most companies will let have some sort of ‘return with X’ days but won’t cover shipping.
"Minor product details are subject to change" would not equate to completely changing the portrait (which is what would be required to make it look anything like Harrison Ford).

That would be a fundamentally major change, surely?

You have to put a deposit down for HT figures (and nearly any other collectible from most other higher end items or even third party figures) and they have made updates/changes to headsculpts before many times without any notice; so, yes, you can do that even once ppl have put money down. Just b/c this is a higher priced item doesn’t exclude it from those same type of potential changes.

Last edited:
Personally I'm so excited about this one, having ordered the moment it went up for preorder. I'd be very welcome to further improvements to his likeness, however I'd be more than happy as-is, as it's highly unlikely there will be another high end indy of this calibre for quite some time, if at all. First figure in a while that truly has me excited.

Constantly going back and forth on this one. One of the main things having me lean towards putting down an order is actually thinking about how much I've spent (and will be spending) on my custom 1/6 Indy's. Arguably, one of the great things about this is unless you're trying to change the look of this statue into the gear for another movie like Raiders, there's not much customization that can be done. Sort of helps with the constant urge to upgrade with the latest and greatest part by X customizer. I say this knowing I'm going to be spending close to $500 on Waruna's amazing 1/6 Indy sculpt and paint :LOL:

Last edited:
Constantly going back and forth on this one. One of the main things having me lean towards putting down an order is actually thinking about how much I've spent (and will be spending) on my custom Indy's. Arguably, one of the great things about this is unless you're trying to change the look of this statue into the gear for another movie like Raiders, there's not much customization that can be done. Sort of helps with the constant urge to upgrade with the latest and greatest part by X customizer. I say this knowing I'm going to be spending close to $500 on Waruna's amazing 1/6 Indy sculpt and paint :LOL:

As I've said earlier, it's not 100% for me, but looking at it from front on, the left side of his face (with the base logo facing forward), it's damn good. From any angle of the right side of his face... not so good.

But my justification is twofold; like many have said, the likelihood of seeing anything even remotely close to this (because regardless of how accurate it is, it's still the best mass produced sculpt we've ever seen), is going to be very slim. And secondly, where I'll displaying it, I will only be looking at it front on.

Gipetto, I think you might kick yourself later if you pass this one up.

Back