Its show time! Beetlejuice WIP, need some help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astro_zombie

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I figured I would tackle a custom I personally have never seen done. The ghost with the most, Beetlejuice!

So far I have this suit

https://cgi.ebay.com/FC242-1-6-Acti...in_0?hash=item4cead85f6c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Which is going to have hand painted black stripes on it. I'm also gonna dirty and gruff it up too. I'm currently resculpting hands to match his better and finding a few other odds and ends like all his watches he has.

Now I have a question for anyone that can help. The most important part to any great custom is a head sculpt. I was wondering if anyone out there has the new NECA headknocker

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/\AUTOIMAGES\NC60714lg.jpg

and if so, how does the head size up to a 12'' hot toys body? I figure it would be over sized. Obviously the NECA 18'' is outta the question too. If anyone can shine some light on that It would be greatly appreciated!

Also if anyone knows a good Keaton sculpt that may help too.

Last, has anyone here used hydroshink before? Ive seen it used to turn 1/6 scale heads into a 6 inch figure head. Anyone know if it would turn the 18" Beetlejuce head into a 1/6th?

Thanks for looking guys and Ill update this as I progress.

I'd kill for a Beetlejuice PF !!! I think I made a thread here about it in 2006 or something..

bj1.JPG

Ive seen that head before but I wasn't a fan of it. Its on ebay right now but the expression and overall look just doesn't work for me. Nice work though!

I think I'm gonna do some messing around with the neca head and hydroshink/hydrospan. Since I will need to make a mold of the finished product and cast it (the hydro products are a stiff gel like substance from what Ive read) I can probably make a few cast for those who are interested. This isn't set in stone yet becuase it may turn out to be a total failure lol but, if I can pull it off Ill let anyone interested know.

cool if you can pull this one off there are plenty of things i'd like to try shrinking.

The headknocker will be closer to 1/4 than 1/6. I'd love to see the Ghost with the Most in 1/6, but I think it will require either a custom sculpt, or some recasting/scaling shenanigans.

I think Les used the DC Direct Joker as the base for his custom, and that head is too big for 1/6, so there must be some way to scale it down.

Good luck!

Back