Is this EVER going to happen?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the loss of that '60's Batmobile was tragic. I remember my late father was REALLY looking forward to it. He was a HUGE Batmobile freak. He owned BOTH the 1:6 scale Tumbler and the Burton Batmobile.

And the whole stalling of the 1/4 scale Star Wars line really baffles me. They've previewed Darth Vader and Stormtrooper NUMEROUS of times at comic cons... even added a Kylo Ren to the mix... still NOTHING.

I'm still have hope that we might see the McQuarrie figures some day. At least Vader since it traveled fairly far down the development road.

Sorry to hear about your father. I lost mine last year - never a good thing, but nice to know you both had collecting as a hobby together :)

I mean I understand the frustration of wanting something that’s previewed or teased but until there’s something concrete (either a pre-order or the figure is in hand) things are subject to change. I guess personally I don’t hold companies to making something until they’ve taken my money.

Sorry to hear about your father. I lost mine last year - never a good thing, but nice to know you both had collecting as a hobby together :)

Sorry to hear of your loss as well. Mine died last year too. He was also a beloved member of this Freak Board. Along with my 18 year old son, there was three generations of my family posting on the Freak Board. We were all 1:6 scale collectors. I inherited a MASSIVE Batman Hot Toys/Custom collection.

He loved to make figures.

yea it kind of sucks when they show figures and prototypes and you buy thinking or reading an interview that there are going to be more in the line down the road only for it to keep languishing.
I recall HT platoon had a picture of a prototype Elias shown but was never made. the 1966 batman showed the batmobile as mentioned and some of us thought wow they could go deep into this line.........then watch it die on the vine. I know they cant promise anything and numbers are what drives the line, but it still stings when you realize some of these lines get just a few figures.
I guess all lines need to be called star wars or ironman.......:duh

The 66 Batman being a slow seller most likely played a part in the Batmobile not getting a release date.

I've been collecting for 40 years and one thing that does my head in about a current trend of collecting is - teasing items they never release.

Why? Why the **** Hot Toys (as an example) would you show us the Death Star Trooper, almost 2 years ago (a fairly simple figure to produce, one would imagine), and not release it? Sideshow teased a 1/6 Landspeeder; Jabba's band, etc, etc, etc (albeit, never showed a prototype - but still announced it).

I don't know about anyone else, but this way of doing things doesn't inspire "good will" or "get more excited about the potential" - it just pisses me off... plain and simple. Don't say/show anything at all, if it isn't going to happen.

Anyone have any clue whatsoever, as to their marketing strategy?

As mentioned in the death trooper thread, I am in the process of releasing a book on 1/6 collecting and there will be a very in-depth chapter about figures that are shown or prototypes, discussed to be released and disappear into the night never to be seen or heard of again. Ive interviewed and spoken with many involved in the process from likeness to licensing to prototypes to production, distribution all the way to the collectors shelf with all that tales place in between and why we see some items come early why some figures take over a yr or more to go from prototype to actual collectable in hand so on and so forth, it will touch upon many pieces like the falcon cockpit, figures and pieces most never even knew where going to come to fruition, prototypes that were never even shown that will def have some of you sore, i know i was when i saw some offerings that were discussed or even made as one offs with intentions to make but never happened, and all the reasons why. I will be starting a kick starter soon for all those who are interested in backing and securing a copy but lastly im also looking for collectors who have been collecting for a few yrs that are willing to showcase parts of their collections and discuss the collection with specific questions. I hope those of you who choose not to back at-least pick up a copy it will be hardcover professional bound book no different from what you already have in your book collections, and although we are self publishing it will be available at places like barnes and noble, amazon, books a million etc..so I hope that helps instill some faith. there is a lot to this collecting community that takes place and happens behind the scenes to bring us these pieces and lets all agree its an investment in time and effort not to mention financially

As mentioned in the death trooper thread, I am in the process of releasing a book on 1/6 collecting and there will be a very in-depth chapter about figures that are shown or prototypes, discussed to be released and disappear into the night never to be seen or heard of again. Ive interviewed and spoken with many involved in the process from likeness to licensing to prototypes to production, distribution all the way to the collectors shelf with all that tales place in between and why we see some items come early why some figures take over a yr or more to go from prototype to actual collectable in hand so on and so forth, it will touch upon many pieces like the falcon cockpit, figures and pieces most never even knew where going to come to fruition, prototypes that were never even shown that will def have some of you sore, i know i was when i saw some offerings that were discussed or even made as one offs with intentions to make but never happened, and all the reasons why. I will be starting a kick starter soon for all those who are interested in backing and securing a copy but lastly im also looking for collectors who have been collecting for a few yrs that are willing to showcase parts of their collections and discuss the collection with specific questions. I hope those of you who choose not to back at-least pick up a copy it will be hardcover professional bound book no different from what you already have in your book collections, and although we are self publishing it will be available at places like barnes and noble, amazon, books a million etc..so I hope that helps instill some faith. there is a lot to this collecting community that takes place and happens behind the scenes to bring us these pieces and lets all agree its an investment in time and effort not to mention financially

This sounds fantastic! Please keeps us informed of your progress!

I've been saving MANY years of Sideshow points for the previewed Falcon cockpit but even though it looks like its dead in the water I still can't spend them. Just in case.

It might happen.

It might.:pray:

Back