Insurance for the collection.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link! After looking around a bit this company seems legit.

I collect autographs and sports cards too. So It covers them and my toys. Hopefully I never needs to open a claim with them but its good to have a good peace of mind that its insured in case something does happen.

I made a thread about this a while back (Former property insurance adjuster now on Auto)

A couple things to keep in mind:

Always check your policy under the personal property portion for the exclusions, losses we/do not cover and limits sections, it gives you a good idea of if/what is covered and how much.

Another thing some have mentioned here is the riders or endorsements you can add to insure 1 item or many items, it basically is its own policy for that item/items and usually requires appraisal but it grants coverage under almost any situation.

One of the most important things I would say is to always always get your conversations with Agent's in writing (email is fine), you just want to have proof of what you spoke about or what you requested to be added/changed.

You may all hate me but I suggest going through your paypal accounts and printing off your receipts or transactions, and printing off either the front page of the custom section from this site or the retail page for that item from sideshow or whatever vendor to keep a folder/record of all your stuff. Burden of proof is on us that we had 150 figures at $200.00 totalling $30,000.00.

Btw for my own curiosity, has anyone heard of or installed a strikemaster 2 pro at their house, its a piece of sheet metal with deep nails and hinge reinforcements that makes it extremely difficult to kick open a door. The thing looks really solid.
https://m.homedepot.com/p/StrikeMaster-II-Door-Frame-and-Hinge-Reinforcement-55724/202076114

Here's a strong case for insurance on your collection.

18278364_1321899927845023_6849584095778053021_o.jpg

18278810_1321900014511681_407673483399756657_o.jpg

I collect autographs and sports cards too. So It covers them and my toys. Hopefully I never needs to open a claim with them but its good to have a good peace of mind that its insured in case something does happen.

do you have to keep updating the insurer's your inventory everytime you get something new?

do you just produce a picture, or you have to get an officer to pay you a visit?

Theres a chance I might break 150 figures this year. A good chunk of them customs I put together myself and are virtually irreplaceable. $200 intervals add up quickly when you've been collecting for years.

Personally id be devastated if the collection I spent years putting together was lost or destroyed.

Add it to homeowners.....pictures and receipts are all you need..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Add it to homeowners.....pictures and receipts are all you need..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I checked my home owner insurance and they don't cover so I went else where with it. I would advise to check first and not assume.

Back