IKEA Detolfs slight redesign (Aug 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwitchStance

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to make this thread so others wouldn't experience the same headache I had with the slightly redesigned detolfs. I had to do a bit of work to get it looking the same. I went to my local IKEA but they only had the new redesign and wouldn't swap the floor model since it's secured to the wall.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you screw up, this is just my experience and what I noticed with the new detolfs.

Re-design 1 - there is no longer a big hole on the top of the detolf which you either put a light or plastic cover. Now there is just a tiny hole in the rear. (that's what he said).

Solution 1 - if you need the hole for lights, just feed the wire through the hole and install. If you don't want a light, plug the hole with the provided plug and paint it the color of the wood.

If you have any large plugs from the old detolfs you can make your own hole and plug it. Or with a sharp knife or razor blade, cut the bottom to make it flush then use double sided tape and stick it to the detolf. If you are missing this peice IKEA has them.

Re-design 2 - It seems like they are a little taller, so if you have them beside the old detolf they won't allign.

Solution 2 - remove the pegs from the bottom, then with a sharp knife or razor blade, cut a little all the way around and install the pegs. Retry, if it's still to tall, take the pegs off and cut a bit more.

Hope that helps.
:duff

FYI costco has a pulaski curio for 400 has led light already installed, mirrored back, front sliding glass door, a lock, 4 shelves each hold up to 25lbs and it will fits 3 Bowens across per shelf easily

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back