How to save sideshow premium statues from dust?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

napier

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello guys, i'm seeking for advise.I'm living in a center of city and have a very big amount of dust in my apartment. Dusting one day, and tomorrow i got this dust again on surface. I'm planning to display my sideshow premiums and i want to display them in open(prefer shelf with lighting more then besta), but i also want to save them from this ridiculous amount of dust. So my question is : Can HEPA air purifier help me to reduce my dust in apartment for some amount? And how much purifier can solve it?(If yes, then whitch one is the best? Brand or model) If not, then keeping statues after glass is my only option? And this option is only Besta? Because as i assume, Detolf won't handle premium's weight. Here's a lot of questions already, but i would appreciate if somebody would also link good brush for dusting statues, i heard Mac's one is good. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Following, I am def curious if an air purifier would make a substantial difference. On my pax I have it open, so I am consonantly dusting them weekly.

I have a dusty house problem as well. I have purchased multiple air filtration systems, and there is little to no benefit on dust reduction IMO. Your best bet is put them behind glass.

BESTA w/ doors + dust blower compressed air canister. Planning on adding seals to the gaps as well.

I've tried multiple air purifiers/cleaners and none make any difference. The most recent one purchased; a Prolux Enfinity was a spec'd to clean 1000 sq ft. No change in dust was seen whatsoever. Only way to avoid dust is enclosed cases unfortunately.

Buy a Fish tank that fits the figure and put it over it, nice a sealed...

That's not a bad idea. I've also seen sports memorabilia cases at reasonable prices at Michael's craft store.

I'm using the cheaper Detolf cases from Ikea for some of mine for the first time and will be interested to see if they work as they aren't sealed. Price is right though.

Back